Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to pick a winning scratch off

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tweetietoo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2005, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Well here's an update on the gray strip at the bottom of the scratch-off ticket. I called my friend in california and he reminded me that certain 2 or 3 letter hints were given such as "hun" for a hundred dollar winning ticket.....or "fty" for a fifty...and so on.....I think at the end of the serial number.

Again this is illegal. (just a disclaimer...that's all)....

Tn used to have those but here as of late they have changed the letters around a little.  I won $75 and it had some random letters. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2005, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Well here's an update on the gray strip at the bottom of the scratch-off ticket. I called my friend in california and he reminded me that certain 2 or 3 letter hints were given such as "hun" for a hundred dollar winning ticket.....or "fty" for a fifty...and so on.....I think at the end of the serial number.

Tn used to have those but here as of late they have changed the letters around a little.  I won $75 and it had some random letters. 

Obviously they've caught on. Knew it was just a matter of time. Elephant Eyebrows and chicken lips. Don't forget horse feathers!!Smile                                                                                         

Stooges 

CASHMAN's avatar - aim
      Dunnville Ontario Canada
      Canada
      Member #15928
      May 23, 2005
      37 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2005, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Dear Jagcatfan:

I read your article the other day and decided to try it out. I've always said that there is a way to pick scratch of tickets better than just selecting the first one.

So with that said, I went to a variety store and picked a Bingo Ticket for $3. The ticket Number was 004. Guess what, I won $3. Big deal you say...well let me continue on. Today(August 2/05) I went to a different store and purchased 5 'Money Bags' scratch off and guess what...I won on 142 144 146 ticket numbers for $12.00...I'm up $7.00 dollars. It does not stop here. This morning, prior to work, I purchased a $5 King of Cash. I asked the girl what the next ticket number was and she stated that it was #10. I bought the ticket right away. Guess what?....I won $10.00 doubling my money!!

I know of one LP critic would say, 'Big Deal'!! However, I do think that it proves that you can tell by the ticket number if it is a stong winner like that store clerk in Florida. Is it not odd that I went to three different vendors, choose all even numbers and won at each place. I truly believe that this was not just luck!!

Thanks for the tip that paid off!! I hope next time it's bigger!!!!!!

Ca$hman

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know where these scratch offs are manufactured and if each State request specifics of the manufacturers as to how they want the winners arranged. I noticed that on the back of the tickets each CEO's signature appears. So my thinking is that not all states and maybe not all of the games have the same arrangements.

I was told that the first 5 or so tickets and the last 5 or so tickets held the larger winning. But I have received win in the middle of a roll also.LOL

litebets

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8362 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2005, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know where these scratch offs are manufactured and if each State request specifics of the manufacturers as to how they want the winners arranged. I noticed that on the back of the tickets each CEO's signature appears. So my thinking is that not all states and maybe not all of the games have the same arrangements.

I was told that the first 5 or so tickets and the last 5 or so tickets held the larger winning. But I have received win in the middle of a roll also.LOL

litebets

litebets27 scientific games distributes lottery scratch offs for maryland type sceintific games in your search engine on your isp.

Litebets27's avatar - power
            Maryland
            United States
            Member #10465
            January 14, 2005
            6065 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Four4me, that was very interesting.

litebets

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:47 am - IP Logged

i won another twenty on a corvette scratch off today....

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Cool Lottomike.  I've not seen those in a long time.  I think I'm going to play either jumbo bucks or Vegas winfall tomorrow.  It's hard to choose.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  OHIO
                  United States
                  Member #5328
                  June 30, 2004
                  1284 Posts
                  Posted: August 21, 2005, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Smilethanks for the tips..I have seen clerk at a machine in kroger, just going through all the tickets..very suspicous like at night..maybee checking for winners? Do they load up machines at late night?

have a great winning day!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2005, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

We have the same thing on all the tickets in WI, but the letters are spread all around the area that needs to be scratched off....it's not a way of determining a winning ticket but one of the safeguards the lottery puts in to keep people from turning in forged tickets or altered tickets. The three letters on each ticket are always in different places on the scratch-off area.

As for me, it always seems to me (at least here) that your best shots at getting a winning ticket are the first couple of days a new game starts, and if you get a ticket within the first 10 on a new roll. Probably my imagination, but it always seemed to me that the lottery is probably "seeding" those rolls to get the game going when it starts. Just FWIW.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Rolling's avatar - pacman
                      Queens, New York
                      United States
                      Member #20832
                      August 26, 2005
                      35 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2005, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Greetings All,

This is my first message on LotteryPost. :) I've started playing the NY Lottery for about a year now. I'm 27 years old. Let's just say that I've "noticed" a few things here and there since then. For example, on most scratch offs, namely the $2, $5, and $10 games, I've noticed there's a high chance to pick a winner based on the ticket number. I always ask the clerk for the ticket number before I purchase one. Some clerks may get annoyed, but I don't care. For example, I won $50 on a $2 cashword game a few months ago, and the ticket number was 012. I happened to be at another store a few days later and noticed that the same $2 cashword game they had was at #012. I decided to give it a try. It was a $10 winner. Over time, this happened to me about 5 or six times with #012 on the same game....winning from $2, $4, or $5. It didn't happen 100% of the time, but more times than not.

I've also noticed patterns with certain games. For example with the cashword games, you have to match 3 words to win $2 or break even. When you buy these tickets, you will probably match 2 words 95% of the time...leaving you discouraged because you were just 1 word short of winning your money back at least. However, you will also come across instances (more rarely)when you've only matched 1 word...leaving you with a feeling that you were way off on winning anything. Most players would quit at this point, but this is when I get excited because, I've found that on most occaisons when I come across a ticket where I've only matched one word, the next ticket is usually a winner! Try this out for yourself, you will see that I am not wrong. The best way to see this is if you buy 5 tickets in a row for example ($10 total if you are playing a $2 cashword game). 

#146 (Match 2 words) #147 (Match 2 words) #148 (Match 1 word) #149 (Winner!) #150 (Match 1 word)....#151 (Match 2 words)....and so on.

There have been times though when I've purchased a ticket and only matched 1 word...so I went to get another one and found that it was a loser. I am assuming in these cases that the previous ticket was a winner. So in a sense, the winning cashword ticket can be surrounded by two tickets on either side that only match 1 word. I've had success using this trick as an indicator to me. On this particular game, I've won $50 twice, $25 5 times, $10, $5, and $2 prizes many times.

---

With scratch off games where you scratch 5 'winning' numbers and 12 'your' numbers, a potential 'coin' symbol to automatically win a prize, and a potential 'star' symbol to multiply your prize by 10, I've also noticed some things.

If you buy a ticket with this kind of game format and are very 'close' to matching a jackpot or a big $$ prize, meaning that you were only 1 number off from the big prized, you should not buy the next ticket. It's a trick in my opinion. You feel that you were soooo close to winning something, maybe even the jackpot....you say to yourself, "If that 12 was only an 11, I would have won big...let me get another one." I've found that when you come across situations where your 'winning' numbers are "way off" from 'your' numbers, the next ticket is usually a winner. A few months ago I was playing a $5 scratch off with this format....the ticket number was 58....my 4 winning numbers were way off any of the numbers with corresponding prizes. I told myself, let me get another one, because I'm way off on this one....sure enough I matched a coin symbol with $100. The ticket number was 57. On a side note, a few weeks later I happened to notice at another store, that the next ticket number on one of the $5 scratch offs was 57....I bought it and won $40.

Well, that's all for now. I have a few more tips, which I will post on another occaison.

tweetietoo's avatar - lady narrisa.png
                        Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #18517
                        July 13, 2005
                        1256 Posts
                        Posted: August 26, 2005, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I happen to agree with what you are saying I have bought $10 tic and have nothing #11 but #12 is a winner. it is a risk sometimes but it proves that it is most of the time on the $$$