Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ExpertLotto Does anyone Understand it?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #9397
December 7, 2004
24 Posts
Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I have downloaded ExpertLotto and I find it very frustrating and difficult package to grasp. Worse still I click on buttons and submenus and nothings happens. Has anyone had any joy with this package?

ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
    Trebic
    Czech Republic
    Member #8380
    November 3, 2004
    66 Posts
    Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

well, i'm from expert lotto team. perhaps i can help...

Expert Lotto Team

London
      United Kingdom
      Member #9397
      December 7, 2004
      24 Posts
      Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

well, i'm from expert lotto team. perhaps i can help...

Thank you ExpertLotto but I think it would be wrong for you to answer my individual questions because if you did you are not doing yourself any favors as you would not know what the actual experience and frustrations people are having using your product. Since the software is now in the public domain I believe you have to allow the general public to evaluate, comment and give their verdict on the product. 

FYI I personally find it is not a "what you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) type of package. There are duplicate menus and I find I don't even know what the software is supposed to do. The most frustrating thing about the package is to click on buttons and menus and nothing happens. I think it would help if you can target the software as an RNG, a statistical or analyzing tool and market it as such.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

I can't even download it.

Trebic
          Czech Republic
          Member #8380
          November 3, 2004
          66 Posts
          Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

well, if nobody complains then we can't make the software better.

we'd love to hear some feedback because we know that all application features are obvious to us (obviouslySmile).

there's also a 'getting started' section in application's help 

Expert Lotto Team

Trebic
            Czech Republic
            Member #8380
            November 3, 2004
            66 Posts
            Posted: July 10, 2005, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I can't even download it.

here's the download link (for ms windows):

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/ExpertLotto-Install-Complete.exe

what's wrong with it? 

Expert Lotto Team

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #9397
              December 7, 2004
              24 Posts
              Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged
              My first problem with the package was with the tutorial itself. It is supposed to teach me how to use the software instead it opens with what I can only refer to as a long and winded essay.

Here is the exact reproduction of lesson 1;

"Example 1

This example applies for the Expert Lotto 6/49 demo lottery.

Assumptions: we will use two sets of numbers

A1 = 16,17,19,20,33,40,48,49,32
              A2 = 13,18,35,38,39,26

Furthermore, let's assume the following:

•    None of our tickets will contain all six numbers belonging to one set of numbers only (A1 and A2)
              •    Possible triplets of successive numbers are excluded
              •    The majority of all the possible triplets should be covered (we have 15 numbers which can create 455 possible triplets)

You can use the following steps to create such tickets:

a) Random tickets generator for 15 numbers allowing maximum match in 3 numbers and swap numbers then.

b) Full package generator with subsequent step-by-step filtering

Steps a):

Approximately 32 tickets should cover about 90% of all triplets from 15 numbers with maximum allowed match in 3 numbers.

•    Select Generator in menu Package
              •    Enter 30 in the field Tickets to generate; use Tickets numbers range from "1" to "15"; select the Generate tickets with random numbers option; select Maximum match in 3 numbers. Use the panel to swap generated numbers (1 to 15) for our chosen numbers. Save the package content of the package to file named e.g. model1a .
              •    Return to the Generator and select the Generate maximum possible number of tickets option to generate tickets for all number combinations (5005 tickets) from the proposed 15 numbers. Save the contents of the package to file named template15.
              •    Return to the Generator again and check the boxes 4, 5 and 6 in the Mask numbers at list (option Maximum possible number of tickets must remain selected). This way you will create tickets covering all possible triplets. Save them to file named e.g. trips15.
              •    In the Generator again check boxes 5 and 6 in the Mask numbers at list and create tickets covering all possible quads. Save them to file named e.g.quads15.

Note : These files are to be used for testing how many triplets (quads) are covered by your bet.

•    Now load the model1a file into the package. Use the Successive Numbers filter to remove triplets of successive numbers (if any).
              •    Let's switch to the Visual Package page.
              •    Click the numbers from set A1 (or A2) in the table header. Check boxes "0" and "6" next to the Remove Match in button and click this button. This way we obtained a modified set of tickets where at least one and at most 5 numbers are from the set A1 (or A2) and the complementary numbers are from the second set. Of course other combinations of checkboxes can be chosen for different number combinations. Save the results into the file named model1a again.
              •    Now load the template15 file into the package. Using the Match Tickets in a File function we remove from the template15 all tickets that match tickets in the model1a file in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.
              •    Now filter out triplets of successive numbers and also remove tickets with numbers from either set of numbers A1 (or A2) from the rest in the package (Visual Package).
              •    Apply the Shuffle (menu Package) function on the tickets remaining in the package and then use the Match Tickets in the Package filter to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers. The contents of the package will be reduced by removal of the non-matching tickets.
              •    Save the rest of the package to the model1a file with the Append to the file option on.

This procedure should be repeated until the package remains empty due to the applied filters.

Steps b):

•    Use the Generator to insert tickets for all number combinations possible into the package.
              •    Use the Successive numbers filter to remove triplets of the successive numbers.
              •    Switch to the Visual Package page.
              •    Click numbers from the set A1 (or A2) in the table header. Check boxes "0" and "6" next to the Remove Match in button and click this button. This way we obtained a modified set of tickets where at least one and at most 5 numbers are from the set A1 (or A2) and the complementary numbers are from the second set. Of course other combinations of checkboxes can be chosen for different number combinations.
              •    Apply the Shuffle function (menu Package) on the rest of the tickets in the package and then use the Match Tickets in the Package filter to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers. The contents of the package will be reduced by removal of the non-matching tickets.
              •    Save the tickets remaining in the package to a file named e.g. model1b.
              •    Load the template15 file into the package again.
              •    Apply the Match Tickets in a File filter to compare the package with the model1b file and remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.
              •    Repeat the Visual Package page procedure and remove from the package tickets matching the set A1 (or A2) in "0" and "6" numbers.
              •    Shuffle the rest in package; apply the Match Tickets in a Package filter to remove tickets matching in 4, 5 and 6 numbers.
              •    Append the rest of the tickets in the package to the end of the model1b file.
              •    Load the template15 file into the package and repeat the procedure as long as any tickets remain in the package.

The following procedure checks the coverage of triplets and/or quads by your bet either in the model1a file or in the model1b file.

Load either the model1a or the model1b file into the package and use the Match Tickets in a File filter to compare it with the trips15 and quads15 files. Make sure that the Tag matching tickets option is selected before using the filter. When the filter is finished load the file you compared with (trips15 or quads15) into the package and use the Tagged Tickets -> Leave (Remove) function to find out how many tickets are covered by your bet. Usually the bet containing 32 tickets should cover about 95% of all possible triplets and about 45-50% of all possible quads. You can conclude that guessing 4 numbers means about 90% guarantee of winning a 4th prize together with several 5th prizes.

You should be able to easily setup similar procedures depending on your required win guarantees."

Come on the above is just example one? It's enough to put anyone off.  After that you have examples 2 - 5 to go through? You need to make things easy and straight forward for the general public to understand. The above is like sitting down to take a difficult examination.

My suggestion is you should make the User Interface a lot easier to understand and simplify the tutorial language. You should be writing things like for example, "On opening the package go to such and such menu and load winning number history for the game you want to play. Click on this menu to create a wheel for lottery, generate RNG etc"

Trebic
                Czech Republic
                Member #8380
                November 3, 2004
                66 Posts
                Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the comments, energy. we'll try to make the tutorials more details and simpler.

we'll also consider making changes to the user interface. but on the other hand we don't want to slow down experienced users.

- the random/full wheel genetor is under menu 'pakcage - generator'
                - statistics are available at the 'statistics' page - just hit button calculate and select stats from the combo box
                - all filters are available from menu 'filters' 

how can we make this more simple? 

Expert Lotto Team

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

How many people are on the development staff of ExpertLotto?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Trebic
                    Czech Republic
                    Member #8380
                    November 3, 2004
                    66 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

How many people are on the development staff of ExpertLotto?

i do all the coding myself and there are two more guys that provide ideas and help with documentation and testing.

Expert Lotto Team

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Your team would also include several "idea people" and testers from LP too, eh?

London
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #9397
                        December 7, 2004
                        24 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:42 pm - IP Logged
                        You asked, "How can you make it any more simple?" Very easy, I suggest you copy the UI example of other popular Lotto systems on the market and use it in ExpertLotto.

To give you an example, I downloaded Lotto Sorcerer this afternoon and within 5 minutes I knew exactly how to use. The UI is simple and the instructions use simple language that is straight to the point . It is simply a WYSIWYG package.

I have downloaded ExpertLotto for three weeks now and I still don't have a grasp of it yet. Granted ExpertLotto looks more sophisticated and powerful and I believe you have put a lot of work into the development of the software. It is a shame about the UI and the instructions that go with it. I sincerely believe if you correct these small problems ExpertLotto would be a great tool and a winning software.
                          Trebic
                          Czech Republic
                          Member #8380
                          November 3, 2004
                          66 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Your team would also include several "idea people" and testers from LP too, eh?

i believe they may have opened an account here some time ago but afaik i'm the only one posting here (my english is 'slightly' better Smile)

why? 

Expert Lotto Team

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I don't think you understand what I said.

I am not talking about your friends opening LP accounts.

I am saying that several Lottery Post members have given you many ideas, and performed a great deal of testing for you.

I was really not looking to make a big deal out of this, I was simply making a comment.

Trebic
                              Czech Republic
                              Member #8380
                              November 3, 2004
                              66 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2005, 1:58 pm - IP Logged
                              You asked, "How can you make it any more simple?" Very easy, I suggest you copy the UI example of other popular Lotto systems on the market and use it in ExpertLotto.

To give you an example, I downloaded Lotto Sorcerer this afternoon and within 5 minutes I knew exactly how to use. The UI is simple and the instructions use simple language that is straight to the point . It is simply a WYSIWYG package.

I have downloaded ExpertLotto for three weeks now and I still don't have a grasp of it yet. Granted ExpertLotto looks more sophisticated and powerful and I believe you have put a lot of work into the development of the software. It is a shame about the UI and the instructions that go with it. I sincerely believe if you correct these small problems ExpertLotto would be a great tool and a winning software.

imho, lotto sorcerer does not compare to expert lotto in features.

a simple random number generator will have a simple user interface. but expert lotto has some advanced features and it's not easy to design an intuitive ui.

still, i think that at most places expert lotto won't let you click anything unless you do what's required. e.g. buttons are disabled until you select a ticket, you can't use a filter until you generate tickets. so you won't get heaps of error messages.

Expert Lotto Team