Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Economy filters: SHTH if you can’t beat..

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by SHTh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
Member #1959
August 1, 2003
42 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Economy filters: SHTH if you can’t beat them…

Last 8 dry paper runs have been horrendous. For each draw I was failing 5 to 7 filter criteria as opposed to the usual 1 to 3 filters. I guess we all experience bad runs so I could have stuck with this previously good filter group. But when I take into consideration that I now have to adopt a high risk strategy of prediction to enable further pool reduction and decade reduction-limiting, my chances of trapping the Jackpot are nil.

I’ve decided to ignore my revulsion to sacrificing draws and adopt a 50%-er economy filter. I’ve got to be realistic, I have to use one economy filter that will allow me to 1) ditch the high risk predication strategies 2) widen other filter passes 3) hopefully remove some filters and 4) drastically reduce the number of generated combinations without comprising my few chances at the jackpot.

I need to start again, determining a new filtering criteria combination in perfect synchronicity with the best economy filter!!! Lot’s more reading, brainstorming, research and 6/49 statistical analysis.

SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
    Member #1959
    August 1, 2003
    42 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2005, 11:26 am - IP Logged

The following maybe of interest to 6/49 players:

• As a newbie to filtering I’m really shocked by the large number of failures in the ‘width of line’ and ‘gap’s range’ filters. I thought these were inoffensive, bog standard ‘traditional’ filters. Increasing the passes of these two filters, seems to exponentially increase the number of generated combinations.

• I wanted to resolve the surprisingly different failure rates of LH (2-4) and O/E (2-4) filters during my dry paper runs?!! If the theoretical odds are identical, why the big discrepancies over 30 draws.

Last 8 draws
    L30
    L30 % Passed
    Expected Pass%
    L100 (% Passed)
    L200 (% Passed)
    O/E (2-4)
    0 fail
    4 fail
    86.7%
    81%
    81%
    81%
    LH (2-4)
    2 fail
    9 fail
    70%
    81%
    79%
    76%

A simple illustration of why it’s handy to know the theoretical odds of L/H and O/E, or the lottery player would be deceived by the short-term ‘LH patterns’ in the UK lottery. The above data and more detailed statistical calculations & analysis, enables me to make a more informed decision about filtering limits and playing strategy for L/H & O/E. (NB The academics say over time all things level themselves out).

• I have no personal Filter favourites yet but my Best performing Filters so far:

Dry paper Run results UK6/49 to Sat 16th July’05

FILTER

Last 8 draws
    Last 30
    O/E
    2-4
    0 fail
    4 fail
    Co
    0-1
    0 fail
    0 fail
    Co
    no multiples
    0 fail
    1 fail
    Matching LD
    max =2
    0 fail
    0 fail
    LD no. of different
    min4max6
    0 fail
    1 fail
    Decades
    0-3
    0 fail
    0 fail
    Decades
    min3max4
    1 fail
    5 fail
    Repeats- no trebles
    L#
    0 fail
    1 fail
    Repeats- no quads
    L100
    0 fail
    2 fail
    Repeats- no 5 & 6's
    ALL
    0 fail
    0 fail
    04-59 LD
    2-4
    1 fail
    1 fail
    Double Digits
    0-1
    0 fail
    2 fail
    Leap frogs
    1-3
    1 fail
    3 fail

All the above filtering criteria have performed consistently well over both the “horrendous” last 8 draws and last 30 draws. (Pity the above set of filters doesn’t reduce a wheel down to a playable budget!!!!)

Best of Luck
    SHTH.