Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where can I find betting slip protectors?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Litebets27.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mrmst's avatar - disney14
Glen Burnie, MD
United States
Member #427
June 27, 2002
208 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2005, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

While in line to purchase tickets, I have seen some players with what look like vinyl envelopes or sleeves with lottery logos on them.  They use them to protect and keep their betting slips in good condition.  In addition, they have a pocket on the front that holds tickets nicely.  Anybody know where I can get a couple of these?  I don't care what logo they have on them.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

SirMetro's avatar - center
    East of Atlanta
    United States
    Member #6191
    August 11, 2004
    1389 Posts
    Posted: July 19, 2005, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Around GA, all you have to do is ask the Retailer. Most convenience store retailers have them and give them out at no cost. They figure if you have enough to play to need that, you deserve it. At least that is what is happening here in GA.

Sir Metro

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2005, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I have one from TN.  They give them out free to loyal customers.  They are great.  We get a good bit of rain in TN and it helps keep them dry.  They also help organize.  I just hand the clerk the slips and the money in the envelope.  It's very handy.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
        texas
        United States
        Member #4689
        May 17, 2004
        4121 Posts
        Posted: July 19, 2005, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Ask retailer, thats where I got mine, they are free.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8359 Posts
          Posted: July 19, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

mrmst ask the place where you get your tickets from or try some liquor stores that sells lottery tickets. Md lottery headquartes also has them not to far from glen burnie.

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
            Springfield,Ohio
            United States
            Member #14006
            April 19, 2005
            3972 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2005, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I love them...

We waited a long time to get them. Ohio does the same. They also get alot of rain.. And snow...

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2005, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

They give them out free in WA state. I'm not even going to comment on the rain. On the plus side hot here is 80.

mrmst's avatar - disney14
                Glen Burnie, MD
                United States
                Member #427
                June 27, 2002
                208 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2005, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everybody - I will check with the retailer why I usually buy.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23259 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2005, 12:05 am - IP Logged

While in line to purchase tickets, I have seen some players with what look like vinyl envelopes or sleeves with lottery logos on them.  They use them to protect and keep their betting slips in good condition.  In addition, they have a pocket on the front that holds tickets nicely.  Anybody know where I can get a couple of these?  I don't care what logo they have on them.

Here's an idea for betslip and ticket protection that I personally think is much better than the ones given out by the lottery:

Go to Staples or Office Max and pick up banker's envelopes.  At Office Max they're blue vinyl, and come in packs of 3.  They are slightly bigger than a betslip protector, and they have a zippered top, so the betslips and tickets are protected from the elements, with no chance of slipping out.  Big enough to fit scratch cards also, if that's your thing.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2005, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Hmm..  Not a bad idea Todd.  Thanks.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

thanks todd,those might work better.....

Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #17830
                        June 27, 2005
                        309 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2005, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Here's an idea for betslip and ticket protection that I personally think is much better than the ones given out by the lottery:

Go to Staples or Office Max and pick up banker's envelopes.  At Office Max they're blue vinyl, and come in packs of 3.  They are slightly bigger than a betslip protector, and they have a zippered top, so the betslips and tickets are protected from the elements, with no chance of slipping out.  Big enough to fit scratch cards also, if that's your thing.

Hi Todd,

Betslip protectors would be a great item for the Lottery Post Gift Shop!  I'd buy  four - one for each state I (occasionally) play in.  We don't have a lottery here in Alabama, but I make it to Georgia and Tennessee occasionally, and to Kentucky and Florida two or three times a year.  I always have my betslips filled out and ready to go when I travel.

I picked up a few protectors while in Indiana over the 4th of July holiday and they work ok, but it would be cool to have 'official' Lottery Post protectors! 

Absolutely great website you have here!  Based on what I've read in the forums, I'd like to say that I'm very impressed with the Lottery Post members - Y'all are an outstanding and helpful group of folks!   Thumbs Up

I've only been here a short time and I hope to participate more in the forums as time permits. 

-Bob

North Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #13397
                          April 5, 2005
                          1623 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2005, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Mr. Bobb.  Alabama needs a lottery.  I'm moving to Mobile in less than a month and it's going to kill me..  I'll travel to FL a good bit.

Alabama
                            United States
                            Member #17830
                            June 27, 2005
                            309 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2005, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Mr. Bobb.  Alabama needs a lottery.  I'm moving to Mobile in less than a month and it's going to kill me..  I'll travel to FL a good bit.

Thanks for the welcome,  Tnplayer.  And a warm welcome to Alabama, to you!

Mrs Bobb and I both voted for the lottery when it was on the ballot a few years ago.  I believe that it'll pass the next time it comes up for a vote.

Going to FLA from Mobile will make for a nice Saturday morning drive.  For me, it's about a four hour drive from where I live to either Mobile or the Florida state line.

If you like the beach, check out Gulf Shores and Orange Beach (once they get it all rebuilt!).

I didn't know that Tennessee had betslip protectors.  My Tennessee PowerBall ticket and betslips look out of place in a Hoosier Lottery protector!

sirius's avatar - octa feathers.jpg
                              ct
                              United States
                              Member #17717
                              June 25, 2005
                              60 Posts
                              Posted: July 21, 2005, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Can you see it now? An episode of Antiques Roadshow in the year 2098...

"So I see Mr. Jones you have a complete collection of every Lottery Bet Protector Sleeve ever made... do you have any idea what they're worth?"