Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where can I find betting slip protectors?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Litebets27.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23260 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2005, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the suggestion Bob - and welcome!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2005, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Welcome Mr. Bobb.  Alabama needs a lottery.  I'm moving to Mobile in less than a month and it's going to kill me..  I'll travel to FL a good bit.

Thanks for the welcome,  Tnplayer.  And a warm welcome to Alabama, to you!

Mrs Bobb and I both voted for the lottery when it was on the ballot a few years ago.  I believe that it'll pass the next time it comes up for a vote.

Going to FLA from Mobile will make for a nice Saturday morning drive.  For me, it's about a four hour drive from where I live to either Mobile or the Florida state line.

If you like the beach, check out Gulf Shores and Orange Beach (once they get it all rebuilt!).

I didn't know that Tennessee had betslip protectors.  My Tennessee PowerBall ticket and betslips look out of place in a Hoosier Lottery protector!

Mr. Bobb I live at the TN/AL/GA line so I can play GA and TN lottery often.  I'm about 6 hours from Mobile.  After I move I'll be driving back here once a month sometimes twice a month.  All I can say is thank Goodness for multi draw.  Next time you are in TN ask for a protector and they should give you one.  If you have to visit more than one retailer just incase they are out.  I take it since you are in AL you stop in Ardmore, TN right? 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2005, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

i've stocked up on the betting slip protectors you get at lottery retailers.one day i asked for half of the ones that were sitting there since they never get rid of any and the guy said i could have them all,lol.i just grabbed half and told him maybe he'd get rid of the rest soon.the lottery post betting slip protectors would be a great idea especially if they were made like the bankers envelopes.that would be a unique idea to look into!

Alabama
        United States
        Member #17830
        June 27, 2005
        309 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the suggestion Bob - and welcome!

You're welcome!  And thank you for the warm welcome!

If you do decide to carry betslip protectors in the LP Gift Shop, please let me know when they're available.  Thanks!

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: July 21, 2005, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Welcome Mr. Bobb.  Alabama needs a lottery.  I'm moving to Mobile in less than a month and it's going to kill me..  I'll travel to FL a good bit.

Mrs Bobb and I both voted for the lottery when it was on the ballot a few years ago.  I believe that it'll pass the next time it comes up for a vote.

Going to FLA from Mobile will make for a nice Saturday morning drive.  For me, it's about a four hour drive from where I live to either Mobile or the Florida state line.

If you like the beach, check out Gulf Shores and Orange Beach (once they get it all rebuilt!).

I didn't know that Tennessee had betslip protectors.  My Tennessee PowerBall ticket and betslips look out of place in a Hoosier Lottery protector!

Mr. Bobb I live at the TN/AL/GA line so I can play GA and TN lottery often.  I'm about 6 hours from Mobile.  After I move I'll be driving back here once a month sometimes twice a month.  All I can say is thank Goodness for multi draw.  Next time you are in TN ask for a protector and they should give you one.  If you have to visit more than one retailer just incase they are out.  I take it since you are in AL you stop in Ardmore, TN right? 

How far is Chattanooga from where you live?  It's really nice country up there!

For me, living in lotteryless Alabama and being just over an hour and a half's drive from the two closest lottery states (GA and TN), multi draw is the best way to play - especially with gasoline prices being what they are today!  I wish they'd make GA Fantasy 5 available with a multi draw of more than 14.  Florida Fantasy 5 is much better with 30 draws.  However,  I sometimes wonder if it's wise to play the same set of numbers for that long.

Re: Stopping at Ardmore for tickets - yep, how'd you guess?!  I'll bet a lot of the folks in Alabama who play the TN lottery go to Armore for their tickets.  I get mine from the Ardmore Chevron Foodmart on Main St (first exit off I-65).  Next time I'm up that way, I'll ask for a TN Lottery protector.  But I hope we'll have Lottery Post protectors available at some point (I like the Lottery Post logo).

Best wishes and I hope you'll like your new home in Mobile!

hosni's avatar - hosni
            Escondido, CA
            United States
            Member #70
            December 31, 2001
            12788 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2005, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I have 10 extra CA Bet Slip protectors. Anyone interested in one, send me your mailing address and I will put one in the mail for you, including Canada. Not even a postage charge.

hosni@lotterypost.com

John in sunny and nicely warm Escondido, California

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31343 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2005, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

While in line to purchase tickets, I have seen some players with what look like vinyl envelopes or sleeves with lottery logos on them.  They use them to protect and keep their betting slips in good condition.  In addition, they have a pocket on the front that holds tickets nicely.  Anybody know where I can get a couple of these?  I don't care what logo they have on them.

i emailed the ga. lottery corp. and asked for playslip protectors - they mailed them to me along with playslips.

Cool

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2005, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

How far is Chattanooga from where you live?  It's really nice country up there!

For me, living in lotteryless Alabama and being just over an hour and a half's drive from the two closest lottery states (GA and TN), multi draw is the best way to play - especially with gasoline prices being what they are today!  I wish they'd make GA Fantasy 5 available with a multi draw of more than 14.  Florida Fantasy 5 is much better with 30 draws.  However,  I sometimes wonder if it's wise to play the same set of numbers for that long.

Re: Stopping at Ardmore for tickets - yep, how'd you guess?!  I'll bet a lot of the folks in Alabama who play the TN lottery go to Armore for their tickets.  I get mine from the Ardmore Chevron Foodmart on Main St (first exit off I-65).  Next time I'm up that way, I'll ask for a TN Lottery protector.  But I hope we'll have Lottery Post protectors available at some point (I like the Lottery Post logo).

Best wishes and I hope you'll like your new home in Mobile!

Right now I live 25 miles west of Chattanooga.  It's really nice here with all the mountains and stuff...  I guessed Ardmore because it's the first exit in TN from I-65.  A lot of AL winners come from Ardmore.  I've been there to see how many AL people travel there to play and...  I saw a lot of cars.  One place you couldn't even get in the parking lot because of all the AL cars parked and the parking lot was littered with losing scratch off and playslips.  That is a great place to buy scratch offs because they move a lot of tickets and that makes the chances better in my opinion.  When I move to Mobile I'm going to drive up 65 to the Atmore exit and go into FL there instead of going all the way to P'Cola.  If the lottery comes up in a vote again in AL I'm going to vote yes.  We need it! 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

mrmst's avatar - disney14
                  Glen Burnie, MD
                  United States
                  Member #427
                  June 27, 2002
                  208 Posts
                  Posted: July 26, 2005, 9:02 am - IP Logged

An update - I sent off emails to 5 of the State Lotteries (MD, PA, VA, DC & FL) that I participate in.  So far Pa sent me 5 slip protectors & FL sent me 1.  MD (my home state) said they were available from retailiers and if they don't have them they can be requested. 

I also received a nice one from CA from lottery post member hosni along with some betting slips - THANK YOU!

If I get anything from the other states, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

Litebets27's avatar - power
                    Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #10465
                    January 14, 2005
                    6065 Posts
                    Posted: July 26, 2005, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Something funny about this area is that if you already have one of those protectors and you pull it out in front of the retailer, they seem to always want to give you more. This has happened to me several times.

Just last week, at a gas station, the owner looked at the protector I had and said "we have much better ones then that."  He pulled out two to give to me. They were nice, wider and prettier, but no pockets. ( I know, picky, picky).

Anyway, just ask for them. I heard the guy suppling the tickets ask the retailer if he needed any protectors. He said "no, I have plenty."

litebets