Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Would Make The Best LD?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What LP member would make the best Lottery Director?

Todd [ 16 ]  [53.33%]
Doctor Ew [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
CASHOnly [ 3 ]  [10.00%]
Yours truly, JimmySand9 [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
LOTTOMIKE [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Tnplaya [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
Someone Else? [ 7 ]  [23.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:19 am - IP Logged

We've all given our opinions about the lottery and whatnot. But which LP member would you rather see running a lottery?

(insert signature here)

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:24 am - IP Logged

i voted for jimmysand9.todd would be a good LD too.cash only would totally eliminate annuities,lol

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:27 am - IP Logged

Sorry Guys.  I had to vote for me.  I think if I ran the lottery is would be a good one...  Everyone would be happy....  Also, Todd, Jimmy, Mike, and Doctor EW would be good.  If it was up to CO there would be no win for life or any annuity what so ever.  Some people do like annuity so some people would be upset.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:48 am - IP Logged

Guys I'm going to list some things I would do if I was LD for the state of TN.  I'm not doing this in order to win votes.  I want people to understand my views just so that everyone will know how I feel.

Scratch games-  I would have scratchers from $1,$2,$3,$5,$10.  Even though I would like to have $20 I'm drawing the line at $10.  Top Prizes would range from $500-$500,000.  Maybe $1 Million.  Average odds $1 1:4.  $2 1:3.9. $3 1:3.5. $5 1:3.1. $10 1:2.6. 

I would have a normal Pick 3 and Pick 4 game.  Maybe midday drawings later on.

I would have a pick 5/39 game and probably name it Banjo Cash 5.  With Rolling Jackpots.  Drawings 6 days a week. 

I would have Powerball.

I would also have an instate lotto game instead of Lotto South.  I'm afraid people will look at LS as being a smaller powerball and not play it.  Players I think would respond well to Rolling Pick 6/49.  The name would be called Volunteer Mega Cash.

I might also have Keno.  Pending retailer involvement.

I would also make Play Responsibly known on all tickets and give out pamphlets on warnings signs of addiction.

Please if you want people to know what you would do if you were LD of your state or any state you choose post it.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: July 23, 2005, 4:04 am - IP Logged

Guys I'm going to list some things I would do if I was LD for the state of TN.  I'm not doing this in order to win votes.  I want people to understand my views just so that everyone will know how I feel.

Scratch games-  I would have scratchers from $1,$2,$3,$5,$10.  Even though I would like to have $20 I'm drawing the line at $10.  Top Prizes would range from $500-$500,000.  Maybe $1 Million.  Average odds $1 1:4.  $2 1:3.9. $3 1:3.5. $5 1:3.1. $10 1:2.6. 

I would have a normal Pick 3 and Pick 4 game.  Maybe midday drawings later on.

I would have a pick 5/39 game and probably name it Banjo Cash 5.  With Rolling Jackpots.  Drawings 6 days a week. 

I would have Powerball.

I would also have an instate lotto game instead of Lotto South.  I'm afraid people will look at LS as being a smaller powerball and not play it.  Players I think would respond well to Rolling Pick 6/49.  The name would be called Volunteer Mega Cash.

I might also have Keno.  Pending retailer involvement.

I would also make Play Responsibly known on all tickets and give out pamphlets on warnings signs of addiction.

Please if you want people to know what you would do if you were LD of your state or any state you choose post it.

Oooooh, hoo, hoo. You would be a good one.

(insert signature here)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: July 23, 2005, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I doubt TX is hunting down it's next director off this board. If you get a call from Indiana though I'd hang up - only thing they would be looking for is a scapegoat.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: July 23, 2005, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Lotto South would be my choice for TN. It's _not_ a mini-Powerball.

North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: July 23, 2005, 11:00 am - IP Logged
                I know it's not a mini powerball like :Cough: :Cough:  Hot Lotto.  But it is a multistate game and I think TN could hold its own Instate game.  Just my opinion. 

SirMetro's avatar - center
                  East of Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #6191
                  August 11, 2004
                  1389 Posts
                  Posted: July 23, 2005, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I would have to vote for CashOnly...at least he is consistant on what he says.

Jester Laugh

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: July 23, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I doubt TX is hunting down it's next director off this board. If you get a call from Indiana though I'd hang up - only thing they would be looking for is a scapegoat.

I disagree on Indiana.  I would accept the job from ANY state with computerized drawings — just so I could rip out the computers, pull the lottery machines out of the back room, and sign a TV broadcast contract.  Then I'd hire a great marketing guru, trumpet the event of reverting back to real drawings, and bring in record revenues.

Any state disbelieves that I could do it?  Try me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

North Dakota
                      United States
                      Member #13397
                      April 5, 2005
                      1623 Posts
                      Posted: July 23, 2005, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I disagree on Indiana.  I would accept the job from ANY state with computerized drawings — just so I could rip out the computers, pull the lottery machines out of the back room, and sign a TV broadcast contract.  Then I'd hire a great marketing guru, trumpet the event of reverting back to real drawings, and bring in record revenues.

Any state disbelieves that I could do it?  Try me.

Amen.  Preach on brother.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: July 23, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

i voted for someone else the people at lottery post like to play numbers and if you become a lottery director. You woln't be playing anymore....

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          North Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #13397
                          April 5, 2005
                          1623 Posts
                          Posted: July 23, 2005, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

i voted for someone else the people at lottery post like to play numbers and if you become a lottery director. You woln't be playing anymore....

True..  But who said you can't play in other states?  If I was making the big bucks I would travel to GA once a week and play.  (maybe more)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8360 Posts
                            Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

True..  But who said you can't play in other states?  If I was making the big bucks I would travel to GA once a week and play.  (maybe more)

I doubt seriously if once you are a lottery director that you can buy lottery tickets until you no longer hold that job. Just like people who work for companies that offer prizes in contests and such they there family members are forbidden to participate. Something called conflict of interest. Or something of that nature. There was a story about this on lottery post a while back some woman got a job working for the lottery her husband liked playing the lottery but because she held a high ranking job with the state lottery she and her immediate family members possibly aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews are forbidden from playing lottery games.
                            If you want to work for the lottery forget about playing until you quit or are terminated from the position you hold. I was also told any participant (working for) of the actual drawing are also forbidden to play while they are present for that particular drawing.
                            I'm sure rules concerning whom is eldgeable to play and who isn't are written somewhere for people working for or attending actual live lottery drawings.. 

United States
                              Member #1826
                              July 11, 2003
                              2645 Posts
                              Posted: July 23, 2005, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

You can play other lotteries as long as you don't have any of the same games. For example, if tnplayer ran TN, a Powerball state, he could still play in GA because it's a Mega Millions state. But he couldn't play in Kentucky because it's a Powerball state as well. Or if I ran the New York lottery, I could play in Connecticut, but not Massachusetts.

(insert signature here)