Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Would Make The Best LD?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What LP member would make the best Lottery Director?

Todd [ 16 ]  [53.33%]
Doctor Ew [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
CASHOnly [ 3 ]  [10.00%]
Yours truly, JimmySand9 [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
LOTTOMIKE [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Tnplaya [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
Someone Else? [ 7 ]  [23.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2005, 3:20 am - IP Logged

I'd prefer to be director in Massachusetts or New York. They're lotteries that need changes, and there are plenty of Powerball states nearby.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2005, 3:22 am - IP Logged

I doubt TX is hunting down it's next director off this board. If you get a call from Indiana though I'd hang up - only thing they would be looking for is a scapegoat.

I disagree on Indiana.  I would accept the job from ANY state with computerized drawings — just so I could rip out the computers, pull the lottery machines out of the back room, and sign a TV broadcast contract.  Then I'd hire a great marketing guru, trumpet the event of reverting back to real drawings, and bring in record revenues.

Any state disbelieves that I could do it?  Try me.

I would go to England, go to Ladbrokes, and bet 1,000 pounds (or about $1,900) that there would be a drastic increase in sales.

(insert signature here)

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2005, 4:16 am - IP Logged

You can play other lotteries as long as you don't have any of the same games. For example, if tnplayer ran TN, a Powerball state, he could still play in GA because it's a Mega Millions state. But he couldn't play in Kentucky because it's a Powerball state as well. Or if I ran the New York lottery, I could play in Connecticut, but not Massachusetts.

Jimmy i don't know. Laws in one state may vary. The lottery commissioners have rules they must abide by. Provisions might exclude them from participating in any lottery game in and or outside the state they reside in. It would look awful suspicious if a director of new york went to another state bought tickets and won a major jackpot. You may be right about going to another state. I have never seen and or read a lottery directors rules of engagement concerning there ability to play lottery games in another state other than there's. The position is a sworn in one by the gov. of the state and I'm sure each state may have similar rules. I for one wouldn't want to forfeit my winning or loose my job because i broke some rules. So unless i see some documentation that says a director his immediate family members can participate in games outside their jurisdiction. I will assume that they can't participate. 
      I found this on the net about new jersey.

5:9-16 Persons prohibited from purchasing tickets or shares

No ticket or share shall be purchased by, and no prize shall be paid to any of the following persons: any officer or employee of the division or to any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of abode of any of the foregoing persons.

While this doesn't say they can't play lottery in another state, it doesn't say the can either.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2005, 4:44 am - IP Logged

All I know is I e-mailed Chuck Strutt (president of MUSL) once, and he said that he can play and does play Mega Millions and Florida Lotto when he gets the chance. But you might be right four.

(insert signature here)

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2005, 12:13 pm - IP Logged
          Another thing to consider when making a poll like this and suggesting people whom might become lottery directors is a background in business, working with the lottery a degree in business, a proven sales record and a multitude of other qualifications. You just don't become a lottery director because you are a likeable person. Another criteria i read about being a lottery director is being the same party affiliate as whichever governor might hold office. Although it may be possible if you have a proven track record the governor might rescind this qualification.
            JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2005, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Whoever becomes lottery director put in $.25 cent plays for pick 3 & 4.

WHATT

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
              Chicago,IL.
              United States
              Member #2902
              November 29, 2003
              1426 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2005, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

RJOh Thumbs Up

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2005, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Whoever becomes lottery director put in $.25 cent plays for pick 3 & 4.

Oh yea that would be just great. I often wonder why they don't allready do that. Then it dawned on me that retailers would have to keep 1000 bucks worth of quarters on hand to make change for people just wanting one 25 cent ticket. I know what i said sounds ridiculous but so are some people. And I'm pretty sure that's why they don't do it.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2005, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only...oh, that's me LOL

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Banana