Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California and Mega Millions

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
Member #2673
November 2, 2003
497 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2005, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I predict that if there is only a single winner of the Mega Millions second place prize in Mega Millions for the July 26 draw, then the payout will be over $500,000. I base this prediction on the pattern of previous payouts.

Good luck,
Jake

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2005, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Yeah, there haven't been any match 5+0 winners in California in the last two draws.

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2005, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

It depends on how much sales and winners CA has. It always depend on luck.

Canada
        Member #2673
        November 2, 2003
        497 Posts
        Posted: July 27, 2005, 8:17 am - IP Logged

There were no second prize winners in California for the July 26 draw. This increases the probability that if there is a single second prize winner in the next draw, the payout will be greater than $500,000.

Good luck,
        Jake

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: July 27, 2005, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Sheez!  Like I keep saying, the pari-mutuel MM prizes are unfair to the other states!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: July 27, 2005, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

From what I read on all the member states websites the only obligation a state has to the other states is to contribute 32% of their ticket sales to the jackpot.  It seems to me California is being unfair to its players if they are confused by the different prize amounts for each drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: July 27, 2005, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Once again, CA fails to win 1 ticket for 5/5. To make matters worse, all 1/5+MB tickets win $2 instead of $3, all 2/5 tickets won only $8 instead of normal $10, and all 0/5+MB tickets won only $1 instead of $2. RJOh, I wished that CA wins the lawsuit making them have to not play MM anymore and make sales suffer. Without CA playing MM, sales will suffer just like what PB is doing.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: July 28, 2005, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Sales would be made up shortly when or if there is a large pot. Right now CA is the second biggest state in sales after New York.

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
                  BIG D Texas
                  United States
                  Member #2539
                  October 16, 2003
                  148 Posts
                  Posted: July 28, 2005, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Sheez!  Like I keep saying, the pari-mutuel MM prizes are unfair to the other states!

California's pari-mutual system is neither fair nor unfair to the other states. Their system has no affect what-so-ever on the other states. The only thing shared is the jackpot, and Cali contributes the same percent of sales to the jackpot as does the other states. All lower tier prizes are paid from in-state sales. Why should anyone be concerned with how california divides the sales proceeds from tickets sold only in california? If you buy a ticket in NY or NJ, it's not going towards a 5+0 winner in cali. Some people just hate to think that maybe someone in cali might win more that 250,000 for matching 5+0. I'm in Tx and it's possible to win 1 million by matching 5+0. Is that unfair to the other states? Was it unfair to the other states when the cali winners only got 80K for matching 5+0? I don't recall seeing any conplaints about that...

Canada
                    Member #2673
                    November 2, 2003
                    497 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2005, 8:44 am - IP Logged

The California Lottery website indicates that the second place prize would have been $800,000 if there was a single winner in the July 26 draw.

The results for the July 29 draw on their web site are incorrect. The link points to the July 26 results.

Since there was no seond place winner for the July 29 draw, I assume the prize amount would now be over $1,000,000 for the next draw.

Good luck,
                    Jake

Morrison, IL
                      United States
                      Member #4657
                      May 13, 2004
                      1884 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I hope California has at least four match 5+0 winners next drawing just to piss each other off.

United States
                        Member #16612
                        June 2, 2005
                        3493 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

CA is now on a 3 draw streak without hitting a single 5/5 ticket. I hope there's a single winner of 5/5 and no mega for CA next draw and it is over $250K this time.

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
                          BIG D Texas
                          United States
                          Member #2539
                          October 16, 2003
                          148 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2005, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

The California Lottery website indicates that the second place prize would have been $800,000 if there was a single winner in the July 26 draw.

The results for the July 29 draw on their web site are incorrect. The link points to the July 26 results.

Since there was no seond place winner for the July 29 draw, I assume the prize amount would now be over $1,000,000 for the next draw.

Good luck,
                          Jake

I think the CA website has been corrected. It now shows a payout of $925,000 had there been a single 5+0 winner for the 7/29/05 drawing. There's no need to mega-ply in CA.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #2338
                            September 17, 2003
                            2063 Posts
                            Posted: July 31, 2005, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

If this keeps up at the smaller jackpot levels CA players could win over $1 million for a 5/0 win. Good thing they aren't playing in WA state they would be lucky to get the $250k.

United States
                              Member #1826
                              July 11, 2003
                              2645 Posts
                              Posted: July 31, 2005, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

A mini-jackpot. That should get some more tickets sold, that is if people knew about it. Like it or hate it, you've got admit, pari-mutuel payouts makes things much more interesting.

(insert signature here)