Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

computer states switching back to balls

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

which state do you think will be first in switching back to balls from computers?

missouri [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
indiana [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
new mexico [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
wisconsin [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
other(please explain) [ 11 ]  [64.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2005, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I answered, "Other", because none wasn't an option. 

I mostly agree with what everyone else has said on the issue.  Most didn't say, but probably also believe that it isn't so much whether some State will switch back, as how long it will before all the States and the Multi-State draws are done by computer.

I wouldn't give it much more than a year.

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Maryland's lottery director publicly stated that he wasn't in favor of computerized drawings. He also said from the looks of it neither were the citizens of Maryland. Does that mean Maryland won't eventually switch to pc's drawing the numbers. I think not. I do however go with the fact that if you put a do not touch paint sign on a park bench that someone will touch it to see if it's wet. By this same token lottery directors probably review some of these threads and if people continually put the idea into their heads that computerized lottery are catching on or that states are switching. Then just like they implemented changes in the powerball drawing and mega mil. They might get the idea to go with the flow. Shuuuuuussssssssh baby's sleeping.

Dvdiva you crack me up of course lottery's care about the people without them they couldn't get rich and make money for the states. But as to listening to the people many people answering their polls probably aren't even dedicated lottery players. So the input might favor the lotteries  if they get the point across to these conformist to allow specific changes. I think if the lottery wished to run polls that only people whom play the games should have a say. However the lottery is for everyone regardless wether the majority of the citizens play or not. And many of those changes that do take place will happen without you or me ever hearing about it until it's a done deal. Unless you and every dedicated lottery player is abreast of every detail of their quarterly meetings and are afforded the opportunity in having a say as to what will or won't happen next. Then that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Rip your right i guess, just a matter of time. I only hope it like 50 to 100 years from now and then it won't bother me.

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2005, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

I remember sometime last year someone from Powerball said they were looking into going computerized before 2005, but it did not happen.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2005, 7:04 am - IP Logged

lets hope legislation is passed BANNING all computerized drawings in the future....

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2005, 7:06 am - IP Logged

like four4me said i hope if it does happen its 50 or 100 years from now if all states do go computerized...

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2005, 7:19 am - IP Logged

lets hope legislation is passed BANNING all computerized drawings in the future....

Lottomike, what would compel the legislators in any state to do this?  It certainly won't happen at a Federal level ; which would be required to affect all states.

Politicians don't do anything unless their butt is personally in danger. (read that as their personal "future"). If it is something that can get them re-elected if they do it, or something that can stop their re-election if they don't do it, then they take action. Those are the only motivating factors for any politician. The Fed politicians would simply say That's an area for the individual states to address. So you won't ever see a blanket law that bans computerized drawings in all states. Each state will have to do it on its own, and since for them, the money is the motivating factor, as long as its cheaper to run the games via computer, they will.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: August 5, 2005, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Politicians don't seem to be interested in lottery-related bills.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                Clarksville
                United States
                Member #487
                July 15, 2002
                17638 Posts
                Posted: August 5, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Sure they are specially when a big jackpot goes unclaimed..just see how fast they pass legislation so the affected state can get the money!!!!ROFL

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: August 5, 2005, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

i agree littleoldlady.only when its beneficial to them do they do anything...they will never ever jump in to do anything unless there is money or something else worth benefit to them.....

United States
                    Member #16612
                    June 2, 2005
                    3493 Posts
                    Posted: August 5, 2005, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I wished that CA goes back to all ball drawing machines. I think CA should be first because of their fantasy 5 and pick 3 [Midday and evening] draws should go back to ball random situations. I hope that all of these states including CA go to ball situations.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2005, 1:37 am - IP Logged

Is the CA super lotto computer drawn as well?  Would be sad since it seemed like a nice state game.