Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hypothetical question...

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Pinback's avatar - driver
Ohio
United States
Member #5810
July 22, 2004
120 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2005, 1:58 am - IP Logged

The Lottery Post is a great place to share ideas and methods.  But... what would YOU do if YOU did it... discovered the "Holy Grail" of playing the lottery.  The method that would not only get you wins on a regular basis, but also win you the JACKPOT at least a couple times a year.  If you discovered that... would you share it here?

Pick 3 and Pick 4 games aren't an issue, because they pay the same no matter how many people win.  But for Pick 5 games and up, the amount you get depends upon how many people win at the same time.  Would you risk lowering your own winnings because you shared your method and other people using it are winning with you?

Just curious...

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2005, 2:45 am - IP Logged

Gasoline-powered Turtle Neck Sweaters.....No seriously, working on a close-to Holy Grail type of a predictor using 10 million numbers. So far so good......will keep you posted.           Hurray!

Ohio
      United States
      Member #5810
      July 22, 2004
      120 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2005, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Gasoline-powered Turtle Neck Sweaters.....No seriously, working on a close-to Holy Grail type of a predictor using 10 million numbers. So far so good......will keep you posted.           Hurray!

I'm afraid I don't understand the point.  No lottery game has anywhere near that much history, so what are the 10 million numbers?  How do they relate to any lottery drawing?

Curious minds want to know...

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #9397
        December 7, 2004
        24 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2005, 5:17 am - IP Logged
        I am new to this site but from what I have observed there is a lot of help and sharing that takes place here especially through PM and emails.   

With regard to your question about sharing plans and systems I find everyone has their own plans that they alone understand and from personal experience following someone elses system does not work very well as compared to something you have developed yourself and have tried and tested over time. 
          MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2005, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I would milk the lotteries for what it's worth for at least 3 years first.

Then I might come forward with the system. But if this discovery would make the prize level fall considerably I would hesitate and perhaps only share it with my family.

Hypotetically speaking of course. 

NemeSys's avatar - Nemesis
            Harrogate
            United Kingdom
            Member #16589
            June 1, 2005
            107 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Lottery companies know people are working on systems and methods. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a contigency plan in the event of a truly powerful prediction system coming to light. They would simply develop a means of drawing numbers to defeat it.

Litebets27's avatar - power
              Maryland
              United States
              Member #10465
              January 14, 2005
              6065 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2005, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Lottery companies know people are working on systems and methods. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a contigency plan in the event of a truly powerful prediction system coming to light. They would simply develop a means of drawing numbers to defeat it.

I Agree!  If I discovered said system and gained enough profits to satisfy me, I would then e-mail my system to different people over a period of time where as to not raise suspicion until we all have gotten what we need. Think that would work?

litebets

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Once a lottery matrix and the group size to be picked is set, the numbers of possible outcomes and odds of predicting them can't be manipulated if the results are random.  When the lottery set the matrix, the group sizes and the prize payout amounts, they control all that is necessary to guarantee they make money regardless of the success of any prediction scheme in a totally random game.  If some one comes up with a way to win often, the lottery will first investigate to see if they have some kind of scheme to cheat. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh's right about what was said.

I say if you show up at lottery headquarters 3/4  times or more in a given period of time having won a pick 5 game top tier prize multiple times over that giving period. Someone there is going to ask you a few questions like how come you are able/were able to win so many times. Of course you don't have to voluntarily give out the information. But should you tell them you have a system that works. They might want to know what you are doing to win so many times. If you tell them you did this and that and they think it could be detrimental to there turning a profit from the players. You can bet your state will alter the way the game is set up, they might change the matrix or scrap out all the balls. That's what happened to Stgermain. After having won lil lotto three times he said he had a system. They didn't ask him any more questions about it. They just change the matrix and his system was worthless after that. He's been trying ever since to duplicate the winning combinations using a wheel he developed and can't crack the bank open any more. If you have a system do not tell the lottery people. Keep it to yourself. If they ask you how come you keep winning just say I'm lucky i guess. 

paurths's avatar - underground
                    Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                    Belgium
                    Member #19287
                    July 29, 2005
                    2254 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2005, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh's right about what was said.

I say if you show up at lottery headquarters 3/4  times or more in a given period of time having won a pick 5 game top tier prize multiple times over that giving period. Someone there is going to ask you a few questions like how come you are able/were able to win so many times. Of course you don't have to voluntarily give out the information. But should you tell them you have a system that works. They might want to know what you are doing to win so many times. If you tell them you did this and that and they think it could be detrimental to there turning a profit from the players. You can bet your state will alter the way the game is set up, they might change the matrix or scrap out all the balls. That's what happened to Stgermain. After having won lil lotto three times he said he had a system. They didn't ask him any more questions about it. They just change the matrix and his system was worthless after that. He's been trying ever since to duplicate the winning combinations using a wheel he developed and can't crack the bank open any more. If you have a system do not tell the lottery people. Keep it to yourself. If they ask you how come you keep winning just say I'm lucky i guess. 

I would say i "saw the numbers in a dream many years ago"... whatever.

Anyway, if any system found, i would make sure to hit it a few times and then i would put the info (software if possible) on the net, available for anyone who was truly looking for it.

No secrets, that's my opinion.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
                      Chicago,IL.
                      United States
                      Member #2902
                      November 29, 2003
                      1426 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2005, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Once a lottery matrix and the group size to be picked is set, the numbers of possible outcomes and odds of predicting them can't be manipulated if the results are random.  When the lottery set the matrix, the group sizes and the prize payout amounts, they control all that is necessary to guarantee they make money regardless of the success of any prediction scheme in a totally random game.  If some one comes up with a way to win often, the lottery will first investigate to see if they have some kind of scheme to cheat. 

RJOh

I Agree!

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

10 million number update coming soon...please be patient.....tweaks need to be sorted....thanx...Very Very exciting I should say.....................It'll be worth the wait............The real lottery ......... only 5,000 numbers...... wait till 10,000,000. Simulated....lottery of 10,000,000 drawings. I didn't know I had friends who were so privvy to programming.

Maybe even back a hundred million....who knows?????

So far so good!!!!! Results are very interesting to say the least......more tests are required though!

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2005, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Very finely put Pinback. I know it's frustrating when a solution or an attempt of one is not readily found. I know it can be difficult at times....I've been there and done that....I can't wait till the person has the time to iron out the wrinkles.

This friend only has a limited time to configure my request. He has done a quite fantastic job, despite all the distractions. Thursday is the day which more progress will be implemented, just for the sake of timeliness.

To answer Pinback's question....I've asked a friend of mine to run a program of 10,000,000 simulated results in a given lottery with a random number generator at work.

The program is still in the debugging-mode. I hope that soon enough my buddy will come through and tell me that the program is really looking back at 10,000,000 situations...

The reason for the statement above is that according to him I got 12 three number sets, instead of maybe a hundred or more....There seems to be more de-bugging than I imagined.

The command given to the program is the following.....

Generate 10,000,000 numbers, randomly....

Look back and see what the results would be if considering the last ....two night's drawings....

What was initially found was a boxed number , matching the next day's results. Not Bad!!!

That is what I wanted the program to look for. The most likely set to arrive after so and so....

According to the builder of the program, Not quite confident...still in the works.....

Many filters can be applied.

Many variables left to fill in.....

The reason for doubt on my friend's behalf relies on th notion that the program , to which he made me aware of might not be really looking back at 10,000,000.

The reason I say this is because the person who wrote the program wasn't sure if it infact looked 10,000,000 back.

To reiterate.... more testing needed..

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #5810
                            July 22, 2004
                            120 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2005, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Thanks a lot Pac... now you have me interested!

Are the 10 million being generated once and saved as a database to be referenced over and over, or are the 10 million generated on the fly and just stored in memory each time the program is run?  In other words... if you use this program on a daily basis, is it always referencing the same 10 million number set or a completely different random 10 million number set each time?

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2005, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks a lot Pac... now you have me interested!

Are the 10 million being generated once and saved as a database to be referenced over and over, or are the 10 million generated on the fly and just stored in memory each time the program is run?  In other words... if you use this program on a daily basis, is it always referencing the same 10 million number set or a completely different random 10 million number set each time?

Very good question Pinback. This is the crux of what I should have emphasized earlier.

According to my friend he seems to talk about the seed to which generates or initiates the sequence.

I told him that it really doesn't matter what the seed is as long as the template remains the same. His point was that the seed would make a difference in the outcome , as far as predictions go. I in turn told him that after ten million results it doesn't matter. The sequence has gone full circle so many times that it defies short term patterns, and long term ones. It becomes a mish-mash. A seed is where the programmer decides to use the time as the seed to start the random sequence or some other factor. Time is the most commonly used.

I requested that he keep the same seed as the initiator. I also requested that the same 10,000,000 numbers were to be analyzed, and never to be re-run. I want the same set over and over again. The reason for this is quite simple. If I were to randomly generate a new set of numbers every time, I couldn't grasp any clues, or trends, or patterns, because I would be constantly chasing my tail.  A newly set of 10,000,000 numbers every time, would leave me scratching my head. Starting off on a new trail every time would be exhausting.

So far, to me, it seems that the program is not looking back the 10,000,000 times. That is a factor that has to be resolved.  maybe only ten thousand or so. will keep you posted.