Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The end of one-sentence posts

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8396 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

For people whom have difficulty finding stuff they are interested in like certain numbers different states and anything in particular there is a great search feature on here at the top of the page in the tool bar. One only needs to type what they are interested in. Find and set the features to whatever thread or topic they are looking for. This will narrow down your search and keep you from having to go through 50 pages of stuff to find what you lookin for.

Using daily topics will also help you find what has been posted since 12:01 am.

Exploring this sites features are a pre requisite for people looking for specific topics and threads.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23356 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Just for the record (and the ump-teenth time), my post was not aimed at people in the Pick 3 forum.  There may be issues there (or no issues) -- I don't know -- but this is not aimed at that forum.

If someone has concerns about the Pick 3 forum, please send them to me privately - to avoid hurting feelings.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

thank you todd - high time  Thumbs Up  i would also love to see posters on cash 3 combine states - no need for a seperate post for each state.  post on prediction page or in blog. 

Ooooh...now that is a good idea emilyg.  If there were some way it could be kept "tidy", it would be nice if there were like a "folder" or something for each state, and the posts regarding that state were all in that folder. As it is now one has to often browse through a lot of posts looking for info on a particular state that is posted.

Something tells me (hunch) that this is something that is easier said than done (or kept tidy) but I think you hit on a real good idea here in principle.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23356 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2005, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Badger,

That's the reason for the predictions pages.  If everyone simply posted their predictions there, then there is no tidier place on the site, nor could there be.  That is the A #1 best way to do it.

For some reason, there is a certain segment of the membership that refuses to post on the predictions pages.

I have heard people say that it's easier to post on the forums, but if people are unwilling to take a couple extra minutes to post on the predictions pages, then we will perpetually be in the state we are in right now.

There's another lottery forum out there that tried creating a separate forum for each state.  It looks absolutely ridiculous, and it doesn't work.  Lottery Post will never do that kind of thing.

The way it works is supposed to be:

1. People post their predictions -- the actual numbers -- in the predictions board.
        2. They discuss those numbers and the methods they arrived at them in the forums.
        3. Things like pairs and such -- things that are not actual full sets of numbers -- are to be posted in the forums, because they are discussion points -- methods used to arrive at the numbers.
        4. When someone uses things like pairs to come up with numbers to play, guess where they should post the numbers?  That's right, the predictions board.

Unfortunately, I have found that many people have very fragile egos, and when I suggest that they post their numbers in the predictions board, they are personally insulted and their feelings are hurt.

I get comments like "that's the final straw, I'M NEVER COMING BACK!!!"

Sounds silly, but that's what happens.

The only way we're going to get people to post on the predictions board and not in the forums is to apply PEER PRESSURE.  It doesn't work when I do nothing but play "bad cop".

If the senior members here (and there are hundreds of them now) insisted that players post their numbers in the predictions board, there would be such great organization and valuable information that it would make the current info sharing look pale by comparison.

I have resigned myself that until the day people start applying peer pressure, I'm going to have to live with things the way they are.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

That was an excellent response to Badger's post.  I have been advocating that since you started the prediction pages.  That is exactly what those pages are intended for.  It is no harder to enter your picks on those pages for specific states than it is to create separate forum threads for each state.  In fact I would say it is easier to do so.  CalifDude does it every single day for many states and many games (God bless him) and he treats each state independently.  Imagine the clutter it would create if he was doing that on the forums.  (Side note to CD...thanks for all your effort....I always check your picks.)

For one thing the forum predictions cannot be tabulated to gauge the predictor's accuracy.  For another thing the predictions made on the forum deprive members from including them in their inflate/deflate analyses on the prediction page.

I don't want to step on any toes but I think some are afraid to post there because their results are tabulated and accounted for.  Heaven forbid if an ego takes a few notches down.  I ONLY look at the predictions posted on that page, not the forum.  I like members who "put their 'money' where their mouth is" and that is on the prediction pages.

Thanks, and I am in support of you 100%.

PS...I don't keep a formal record of my profits and losses because they are mostly losses, but I only play what I post and post what I'm playing and the hit and profit ratios are done there for me.  Very useful if used that way.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Poway CA (San Diego County)
            United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

I think we are getting a little off topic, but I have to agree with Todd's last comment and I certainly agree with Rick ... especially what he said about me!  LOL  Thank you Rick.  Today I'm doing just my basic 13 states, because it takes a long time.

I often suggest that someone put their predictions on the prediction page.  That is where they belong for a number of reasons and they have been said already.  I do normally post my predictions (that I have already put on the prediction page) for certain states that have a thread in the forums like "Michigan weekly".  It is amazing how many times someone will say that they don't look at the prediction pages.  There is a wealth of information there.  I know it is very, very difficult to predict only 10 numbers and be very successful, so maybe upgrading to Gold or Platinum would be needed.  There is also so much else that goes along with the premium memberships.  I am still unemployed, but I just renewed my Platinum Membership because I think it is something I need and has great value.  The method I'm using now to do predictions uses Inspector 3 and Inspector 4 for me to determine what set of numbers I'm going to predict.  Without my premium membership, I couldn't do it.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: August 6, 2005, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

In response to something CalifDude said, I think the "Michigan Weekly" type of threads are excellent on the forum.  And Maddog's "state of the day", Dead Aim's weekly plays and others are great.  I wouldn't want those type of threads to stop.  The point is that if you have the time to do it on the prediction pages, it helps us all.  If not, that's cool.

Those threads have substance and that's what we're all looking for.  Thumbs Up

When I see a thread on the pick 3 forum with 11 pages, I know it is a good thread.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: August 6, 2005, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

That was an excellent response to Badger's post.  I have been advocating that since you started the prediction pages.  That is exactly what those pages are intended for.  It is no harder to enter your picks on those pages for specific states than it is to create separate forum threads for each state.  In fact I would say it is easier to do so.  CalifDude does it every single day for many states and many games (God bless him) and he treats each state independently.  Imagine the clutter it would create if he was doing that on the forums.  (Side note to CD...thanks for all your effort....I always check your picks.)

For one thing the forum predictions cannot be tabulated to gauge the predictor's accuracy.  For another thing the predictions made on the forum deprive members from including them in their inflate/deflate analyses on the prediction page.

I don't want to step on any toes but I think some are afraid to post there because their results are tabulated and accounted for.  Heaven forbid if an ego takes a few notches down.  I ONLY look at the predictions posted on that page, not the forum.  I like members who "put their 'money' where their mouth is" and that is on the prediction pages.

Thanks, and I am in support of you 100%.

PS...I don't keep a formal record of my profits and losses because they are mostly losses, but I only play what I post and post what I'm playing and the hit and profit ratios are done there for me.  Very useful if used that way.

Well spoken, Rick

Jack

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: August 6, 2005, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, Jack.......your posts are surely not "fluff" and I always enjoy reading them and your blog entries.  Actually I wish I had more time to read some of the members' stuff here.  Maybe a concerted effort on everyone's part to be courteous regarding their number and substance of posts will make a thread like this unnecessary in the future.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11339 Posts
                    Posted: August 6, 2005, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

i certainly don't have any problem posting my picks on the prediction board.today when i looked i think i was number one in hit ratio the last thirty days. i also put plenty of interesting topics and polls up for people to respond to.i keep a platinum membership to support the site.i hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes,i like everyone here and todd this is a great site,just my thoughts........

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: August 6, 2005, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

For people whom have difficulty finding stuff they are interested in like certain numbers different states and anything in particular there is a great search feature on here at the top of the page in the tool bar. One only needs to type what they are interested in. Find and set the features to whatever thread or topic they are looking for. This will narrow down your search and keep you from having to go through 50 pages of stuff to find what you lookin for.

Using daily topics will also help you find what has been posted since 12:01 am.

Exploring this sites features are a pre requisite for people looking for specific topics and threads.

I agree with you.. The menu bar is great.  I use it all the time.

If I want to know what is being said about GA.. I research GA.. and that is all I see...

That is why I was so confused on how the "if you play" posts were so bothersome to some people.

Another thing I didn't understand.  If one didn't play online.. and played only there state.. why would they want to look through a list of predictions for their state when the post could be for their state only..

Still blows me away.. 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8396 Posts
                        Posted: August 6, 2005, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Tntea we've been over this before Todd created the prediction pages for people to post their predictictions. One of the main reasons he did it was because the pick 3 threads were so full of predictions before you came on board, that it was nerve racking to say the least trying to find posters and the numbers they posted. It was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Then Todd created the prediction board. He didn't say specifically that posters had to post on the prediction board but by doing so people could get a feel for the posters whom post good predictions. Whom can predict with some  stastical anylisys data to go along with it. Posters could then pick and choose the postors whom might have the better chance of winning on a regular basis. ( if there is such a thing).

Then people came along in spite of things posted on the prediction board and in the threads. So Todd uped the amount of predictions for paid members. This freed up the boards for people to post ideas and systems and info. about the games.

Now don't take this the wrong way Todd has said on about 5 posts that he didn't care if you continued to post in the manner you wished. He made references to the prediction board. You took it on your own to post in a thread all the numbers in one page today. Some people liked it some didn't. Who cares. But i think what many people get deturbed with is if you have all this time to post for 20, 30, 40, states on the pick 3 board then for pete's sake what or why cant you post you selections on the prediction board so some of us might be able to filter your selections along with everybody's elses using the tools that Todd so painstakingly programed and provided fo us.   

Some people may view your posting 30 some states as attention getting, hogging the board and so on. I'm sure there are many people whom like it as well because they continously reply to your posts. You might not see me commenting much in your threads mainly because i don't like pick 3 that much and what few pick 3 numbers i play i don't need anyones help getting. Though sometimes if i have time i look to see if you have anything posted similar to numbers that i have already chose to play.

It might do you some good if you are feeling down or hurt by whatever you think has anything to do with you to search Todds posts today or enter your screen name and search to see if anyone had anything to say about you. I don't think any of the posts were directed at you if you thought they were then thats your concsience talking to you. Good luck in school and try and have a good time.

Pardon any spelling errors..

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: August 7, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

REAL good luck in school, Tntea.  Study hard.

Jack

$cnote's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg

United States
                            Member #4283
                            April 8, 2004
                            65 Posts
                            Posted: August 7, 2005, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Greetings All....

Good to see everyone is still sharp and reading all the LP responses. Wink  I may have missed it, but I think I clearly read that Todd said he was NOT talking about the P3 posters. I could have it wrong, but I think he did come back around and mention it again.

Tea...

Not sure how you will be able to avoid being offended by the last cheerful response, but I'd like to say that I truly appreciate your post and ALL your hardwork! Hang in and I do hope to continue to see your post (no matter the adjustments....or not). I've used a number of your tools and appreciate the time you put in sharing your ideas. Continued success on your winnings.

Lady "$C-Note" Thumbs Up

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8396 Posts
                              Posted: August 8, 2005, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Greetings All....

Good to see everyone is still sharp and reading all the LP responses. Wink  I may have missed it, but I think I clearly read that Todd said he was NOT talking about the P3 posters. I could have it wrong, but I think he did come back around and mention it again.

Tea...

Not sure how you will be able to avoid being offended by the last cheerful response, but I'd like to say that I truly appreciate your post and ALL your hardwork! Hang in and I do hope to continue to see your post (no matter the adjustments....or not). I've used a number of your tools and appreciate the time you put in sharing your ideas. Continued success on your winnings.

Lady "$C-Note" Thumbs Up

What's this supposed to mean; Quote:  Not sure how you will be able to avoid being offended by the last cheerful response

No body offended Tntea in the last responce This is a link to a post about Tntea going back to school.