Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There Are A Few Good Ones In NY

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2005, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Well, if you thought Instant Take Five was good before, just wait until you hear the actual overall odds.

The actual overall odds for Instant Take Five (including Take Five QP prizes) is : 1 : 1.76 !!!

That's about 3 winners for every four you buy. And while most of those are Take Five QP's, that in itself has good odds for a numbers game. The New York lottery has some real contrasts. $5 tickets with 1 in 5 odds, but $1 games with 1 in 1.76 odds.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #22917
    October 4, 2005
    6 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2005, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Best odds in any NY scratch game is I think 1:9. Which is extremely bad, that is for the lowest possible prize. The $10 games, have odds such as 1:20 for lowest possible prize. You can check out the odds for all games on nylottery.org. I never play scratchers. Sometimes you have a better chance of winning the Mega Millions instead of a $50,000 prize in a scratch game.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2005, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Best odds in any NY scratch game is I think 1:9. Which is extremely bad, that is for the lowest possible prize. The $10 games, have odds such as 1:20 for lowest possible prize. You can check out the odds for all games on nylottery.org. I never play scratchers. Sometimes you have a better chance of winning the Mega Millions instead of a $50,000 prize in a scratch game.

Those are the odds of winning the lowest possible prize, and they do not take into account the possibility of winning a larger prize.

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2005, 7:17 pm - IP Logged
        I played Instant Take 5 for the first time, and I ended up getting more cash than Take Five tickets. In fact, I won $16 in cash from $9 worth of tickets. And I still have 2 QPs for tonight. This is a good scratch.

(insert signature here)