Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

very important poll-computer draws

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 11 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

do you see new lotteries from now on using computers

yes [ 16 ]  [43.24%]
no [ 9 ]  [24.32%]
maybe [ 10 ]  [27.03%]
don't know [ 2 ]  [5.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2005, 6:22 am - IP Logged

it would be a tragedy but do you see all the new lotteries from here on out all using computerized drawings?

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure it would be a 'tragedy' by the standards I usually set for the word, but I'll like it less than I'd like to see ball drawings continued.  Which, I don't believe, will influence the inevitable move in the direction RNG drawings.

We can buck and rear, but in the end we'll all tame down and keep buying tickets.

Jack

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
      Southeastern Ohio
      United States
      Member #13850
      April 16, 2005
      783 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2005, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Here's to keeping ball/machine drawings over computerized drawings.

That said, in my opinion, there is little difference in ball/machine randomness and computer randomness. Whatever is unique within either type drawing platform remains domainly consistent.

However, consider all the different ball/machine combinations that Florida utilizes within the Florida Fantasy 5 drawing platform. Total chaos is created within the established lottery pool continuously because of massive ball/machine switching. There is little if any consistancy within this platform.

Unexpectedly, there appears to be less chaos generated by computerized drawings. The distribution of numbers appears to be more uniform and flatline.

Once a lottery pool is established, comparable consistancy can then be expected whether it is ball/machine, or is computerized.

Good luck,

LottoVantage

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2005, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

It would be a tradegy that all lotto draws are computerized. I wished that almost all the draws are going to a ball machine random draw because computerized drawings means fewer winners and bigger jackpots.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2005, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

It would be a tradegy that all lotto draws are computerized. I wished that almost all the draws are going to a ball machine random draw because computerized drawings means fewer winners and bigger jackpots.

That's a novel idea.  I hope you'll expand on it.

Jack

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2005, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I think North Carolina will use balls, but Oklahoma's a tough one.

(insert signature here)

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1303
              March 27, 2003
              1508 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Most definitely. They want to do it the cheapest way possible.

Another good poll may be "Will new lotteries broadcast their drawings?"

I think this is another thing on the way out.

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
                BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
                United States
                Member #1647
                June 10, 2003
                2202 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

good poll i think all states should be ball drawings easier to get a forcast on..a better chance of it having a pattern..

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

good poll i think all states should be ball drawings easier to get a forcast on..a better chance of it having a pattern..

Yeah, but that's the kind of thing they don't want. And that's the kind of thing we don't want them to know. Besides, I've tried getting patterns with gravity-pick machines, and it's plumb near impossible.

(insert signature here)

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                    Beautiful Florida
                    United States
                    Member #5709
                    July 18, 2004
                    20108 Posts
                    Posted: August 8, 2005, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't really think that everyone involved in lotteries has their eye's totally closed so to speak, to not see whats happening to the state lotteries that have computorized drawings. the people who have played on a daily basis are not doing this since some states have changed.

I for one, have played the lottery for a good many years, and if the State of NJ., ever changed I would for a fact stop playing the pick 3 and pick 4 games. I would only play Mega Millions. Computorized drawings are a negative draw...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: August 8, 2005, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

I almost feel like these constant polls on computerized drawings are setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you don't want computerized drawings, then don't go around like Chicken Little saying the sky is falling.

Just be vigilant and firm that it never does happen.  Convince people when the issue comes up, but don't keep bringing it up like it's a foregone conclusion.

Chill.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: August 8, 2005, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Thank's Todd i tried several times to let them know that posting stuff about it is like advertising for it. Putting up a wet paint sign and so fourth. Implanting the idea in any suspecting lottery personel that might wander in. Then if it happens to their state they'll be crying i don't know why it happened. It's not that any of these threads would cause a state to change but it's like planting a seed though sometimes they sprout sometimes they don't.

All i know is if i was so opposed to comp drawings i wouldn't put the idea into anyones head about it. They got to be kidding themselves if they think lottery personel aren't scaning these threads.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2005, 6:42 am - IP Logged

this poll here pretty much exhausts the subject at hand.your right there have been different polls about computerized drawings but at least we know now what the general opinion is on these issues.i think its a pretty good poll to end the subject.i just hate the thought of america ending up getting cheated on the drawings.i hope the petition here puts a dent in those officials future efforts.i feel passionate against computerized drawings.i'll let the issue rest for now.....

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2005, 9:09 am - IP Logged

I don't really think that everyone involved in lotteries has their eye's totally closed so to speak, to not see whats happening to the state lotteries that have computorized drawings. the people who have played on a daily basis are not doing this since some states have changed.

I for one, have played the lottery for a good many years, and if the State of NJ., ever changed I would for a fact stop playing the pick 3 and pick 4 games. I would only play Mega Millions. Computorized drawings are a negative draw...!

I don't understand why there is such resistance to the computer draw. Is there reliable stats shows they result in fewer winners, and if so, why are there fewer winners? I would think it would be about the luck, not the vehicle. I only look for the numbers the next day, not how they got there. Its like wheter its important if the odds are 200M to 1 or 250M to 1; doesn't impact my bet. I feel it is all about the luck. Numbers are only numbers. Kuck is the only variable.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: August 9, 2005, 11:37 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure why "Kuck is the only variable", as you say, but apparently you have not read, or have not taken seriously, all of the many arguments against computerized drawings.

Recently, companies that produce the computers and software for these terrible computerized drawings have started to notice that there is a groundswell against their product.  Thus, they have started a concerted effort to post supportive messages about computerized drawings, hoping to make it seem that they're not so bad.

They try to do the same thing you're doing in your message, which is to simplify the argument into one of "luck" (or "kuck").

It really does a disservice to the players when someone attempts to dismiss out-of-hand all of the problems that go along with computerized drawings.

I would recommend that you become more familiar with this issue.  I understand that sometimes people are frightened off by the technology discussions that come into play, but try to understand that there are larger issues that just plain luck.

After all, my entire career has been built around technology.  What incentive would I have to downplay computerized drawings?  I think computers are one of man's greatest achievements, but they are not the best way to draw lottery numbers.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!