Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

very important poll-computer draws

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 11 years ago by emilyg.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

do you see new lotteries from now on using computers

yes [ 16 ]  [43.24%]
no [ 9 ]  [24.32%]
maybe [ 10 ]  [27.03%]
don't know [ 2 ]  [5.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8366 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2005, 11:58 am - IP Logged
Chewie i suggest you read the petition again try and digest what it says open up your mind to all the views on it. Then ask yourself can they manipulate the game in their favor. Even though 10 people might be in the room the computer hermetically sealed. It's locked and chained to the table it's on and the table is bolted to the floor. Now imagine another person sitting in another part of the building transmitting code to the computer. Eliminating all but of few of the numbers that were played for a drawing and sending the new formatted numbers to be drawn. Thereby paying out only a small percentage of the total take in that day. This is just one of the many ways it can be done. In essence it like they robbed players of their chance to win. With ball drawings there isn't enough time before the drawing to fix/rig the game in their favor. Computers and their programs are suffixticated enough that they can be programmed or manipulated to do just about any thing imaginable. 
    LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2005, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!.....i agree with four4me what he said is what runs through my head of what happens in all computerized states right before the drawing.this is one way that states can be sly and manipulate it to make more money behind the scenes....

Blaine WA
      United States
      Member #17275
      June 15, 2005
      117 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

so far i have not seen evidence of true randomness in computer drawings, it is my belief that computers are limited to a finite set of numbers to draw from whereas the dropping of balls is infinately more random.

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2005, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I don't want to see computerized drawings for states entering the lottery. With computerized drawings, they would see more jackpot winners and fewer people play it with manipulation. I think they should go to ball drawings and eliminate the computerized drawings.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I'd have to agree with chewie.  Kuck is the only variable.  Everything else is invariable.

Jack

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

In hockey the slippery puck,
            Illusive as Sam Clemens' Huck
            Evades all pursuers
            Through alleys and sewers
            But the lottery variable's kuck.

As the guy who later starred in Patton commented in his role as a member of the Joint Chiefs in Doctor Strangelove, "I wish I had me some of that Kuck!"

J

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31369 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2005, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

It would be a tradegy that all lotto draws are computerized. I wished that almost all the draws are going to a ball machine random draw because computerized drawings means fewer winners and bigger jackpots.

Eek                    Roll Eyes

love to nibble those micey feet.