Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Super Lotto South

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

There is a Florida south-west-coastline version here by the corner of bonita and waterside drive. Florida raised it last week from 36 to 276 numbers.

If you pick 54 numbers correctly out 276, you will win $700,295,000.01.

Geez, that's bad. And to add insult to injury the payouts probably only 0.000001%.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #5565
    July 11, 2004
    260 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2005, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

WV wouldn't pick it up since Hot Lotto also operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  Mega Millions has Tuesdays and Fridays to itself.  Eventually, the lotteries on Wednesdays and Fridays could face a shakeout.

As for adding more balls, if they keep this up, the number of winners in these superjackpot games is going to dwindle to merely a handful in any given year.  They won't be worth playing for the grand prize.  More knowledgeable players will be looking at the second prize and Lotto South has a crappy second prize. 

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: September 5, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

WV wouldn't pick it up since Hot Lotto also operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Mega Millions has Tuesdays and Fridays to itself. Eventually, the lotteries on Wednesdays and Fridays could face a shakeout.

As for adding more balls, if they keep this up, the number of winners in these superjackpot games is going to dwindle to merely a handful in any given year. They won't be worth playing for the grand prize. More knowledgeable players will be looking at the second prize and Lotto South has a crappy second prize.

I was kind of implying that WV should replace Hot Lotto with SUPER LOTTO South. Hot Lotto is too similar to Powerball gameplay-wise.

Also, DrEW had a good point about Monday and Thursday. So instead of that Wed. draw, make it Thurs.

Oh, and how about stretching the draw out to one minute, and change to a gravity pick machine (maybe the one they use for Canada Lotto 6/49). Bigger game, longer draw.

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #5565
        July 11, 2004
        260 Posts
        Posted: September 5, 2005, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Isn't Lotto South just a match 6 for the small states that band together?  Pennsylvania, Maryland, and other states have the games with similar matrix of 6/49.  I read somewhere that South Carolina wanted to add LS but conflicted with the Saturday or Wednesday date.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: September 5, 2005, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

ichoro:

I read that SC "agreed" to joining a multi-state regional lotto game, which of course is LS. I don't know why they still don't have it, whether it's the "small" matrix, or the draw nights. I agree LS should switch to Mon-Thu to get out of the shadows of MM and PB.

United States
            Member #5565
            July 11, 2004
            260 Posts
            Posted: September 5, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

If you goggle online, you should be able to find the memorandum where the South Carolina lottery officials decided they were interested in joining Lotto South on the condition that one of the dates was moved.  The document should indicate that they planned to make the request to Lotto South officials.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2005, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Now LS appears to be falling apart. I guess there won't be a "Super" LS.