Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

DOS Lottery Progam - Lotto Pro Plus

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 11 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
Clarkston, Michigan
United States
Member #76
January 6, 2002
8528 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2005, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

okay, WSLS, we are all counting on you...........we will see how tenacious you are....lol......

Sandy

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #2218
    September 1, 2003
    5387 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2005, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

SandyK,

We'll see.  I wish I had my Compaq AT 486 computer (1987).  That was one number picking machine if I say so myself. 

I sent an email to Lotto Pro.

I'll keep you informed. (Don't hold your breath)

wsls

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm still using some of my old DOS programs that I bought for my Tandy 1000 on my HP 710 with WindowsXP and the  only different is that they work faster.  The lottery program that I use the most I started writing on the Tandy in Basic and I still use GWBasic to make changes to it as lotteries change.  My Tandy had a 3¼" disk drive as well as a 5" one so all my programs could be used on later computers.  It seems the next generation of computers may not have any disk drives but all the old DOS programs that I liked are on this computer so I will be able to transfer them to my next computer with a USB device.  I just hope future OS will be able to run DOS programs.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:24 am - IP Logged

I have been told that Windoze is built right over DOS, Is this true for all versions of Windoze ?

It probably is (?).

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2005, 2:35 am - IP Logged

It has been my experience that the best prediction system is the one that you design for yourself.

So you yourself might know better which lottery tools you need.

If there is no program that has what you need, then build your own if you can, or have somebody do it for you.

I know, it is easier said than done.

Good luck.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2005, 3:51 am - IP Logged

When John Lake would update Lotto Pro he would license the older version to an outfit that sold $9.99 software of many titles, I recall the box would be white with blue printing with the word EXPERT in a seal circle logo.  The older version picked randomly from among the hot, cold, due fields the newer versions always give the same answer from the top of the field last time I checked.  I think the older versions produced more winners by chance, but people don't like to see different picks each time they click to predict.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2005, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I thought most lottery software  picked randomly from a group of hot,cold and due numbers rather then come up with a fixed group every time with the same information.  If they didn't, there might be more situations like the one when PowerBall had all those winners who got their numbers from a fortune cookie.

Some years ago I bought one of the Expert edition of lottery software for $9 and when I bought Lotto Pro I used its update feature to update both.  Data Solutions (John Lake) use to have a section that supported Expert software.

RJOh 

Evil Looking       

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2005, 11:32 am - IP Logged

About a year to 2 years ago at a used books library sale I bought an old and used Dos version of Expert Lotto or Expert Lottery, whatever the name was, it needed you to configure some Dos file(s) to use it, so I not understanding how to do it, I trew the floppy disk away, I looked on the internet for a Windows version of it and there had been one for Win95, but the Expert software had gone out of business, it was bought by a bigger software company and they were no longer selling the lottery program.

Somebody here at the Lottery Post has or had a copy of the Windows version, but I never asked for it.

I don't remember who it was who had it.

Maybe if you make a search for Expert Lotto or Expert Lottery something might turn up.

The program was called "Lottery Expert" by Expert Software and there was a Windows version and RJOH had a copy of it, I think.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2005, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

My personal opinion is all DOS software was replaced with something better or just as good.  I still use my DOS "First Choice" data program not because there's nothing better available but because I don't want to learn how to use anything newer.  Old programs that I liked and used followed me as I changed computers and the ones that didn't weren't worth keeping.  Good software ideas never die, they just get improved and resold with a new name.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2005, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I thought most lottery software  picked randomly from a group of hot,cold and due numbers rather then come up with a fixed group every time with the same information.  If they didn't, there might be more situations like the one when PowerBall had all those winners who got their numbers from a fortune cookie.

Some years ago I bought one of the Expert edition of lottery software for $9 and when I bought Lotto Pro I used its update feature to update both.  Data Solutions (John Lake) use to have a section that supported Expert software.

RJOh 

Most lottery software works on a best to worst number principle, sometimes with an option to reverse the order for those who think the trend will reverse.

Generally most lottery software customers prefer a rock solid prediction that doesn't change every time they run the routine.  While people can be educated otherwise, that's often beyond the abilities of people slapping together some canned routines to create simple lottery software.  Yes everyone who uses the same settings get the same numbers, but small changes in the range of data used can give a different result, which also doesn't win. ;-) 

What is it they say about Edison, 999 ways not to make a light bulb filiament before you learn the right way, same for strategy and how many continue checking supposedly failed strategies to see what would have come later?  Way too many possible combinations for any strategy to have a chance at a jackpot if you don't factor in blind luck.  I was dissapointed when I couldn't do better then a 5# prize with the WV6/25 not that I put much effort into it besides the original strategy.  Anyone planning to play this game should check the real prize payouts!

I do think playing all the numbers in groups of the minimum number of lines is part of the answer, but we could use software to optimize those lines.  At the very least this method has cut my playing costs in half.  If only Florida would make a 6/36 game with a zero line prize, a 2# 1$ prize and a 3# $5 prize I'd play free.  Florida, it's not the heat, it's the stupidity.  A lottery should be to help people by redistributing the money at a reasonable profit, not suck money out of the local economy and give half the jackpot to the feds.    BobP

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2005, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Windows Lotto 1.1

Is this familiar ? But has no pick 3 at all. Maybe one of the first versions of Windows Lotto Pro ?

Windows Lotto

Copyright 1992-1994 Data Solutions

All Rights Reserved

OVERVIEW

IntroductionWindows Lotto is one of the most advanced lottery programs available today. The program has numerous analysis tools for Handicapping lottery numbers. A Quick Pick function is included that automatically picks the best numbers to play, based on an analysis of previously drawn numbers.

Number Systems (Wheels) are used to generate tickets for the numbers that are picked. Windows Lotto checks the numbers played each week against the numbers drawn and gives you a summary of winning tickets. A search option is provided that allows you to search the drawing database for winning combinations of numbers.

Analysis Tools

Windows Lotto provides the following analysis tools for handicapping lottery numbers:

Number Statistics Chart

Trend Chart

Skip and Hit Chart

Sequence Chart

Repeating Pairs Chart

Repeating Triples Chart

Drawing Summary

Quick Pick

Window Lotto performs a statistical analysis of the numbers drawn in previous games. Numbers are grouped into several categories. These

categories include Hot Numbers, Cold Numbers, Due Numbers, Last Draw Numbers, Odd Numbers, Even Numbers, Sum of Numbers, 1 to 12 Numbers, 13 to 31 Numbers, and 32 and Up Numbers. Averages and percentages are determined for each of the categories.

The Quick Pick option automatically picks your numbers based on the data collected for the above categories. The numbers you play are then consistent with the statistics for previous drawings. If 50% of the numbers that are picked each week are Hot numbers, it is to your advantage if 50% of the numbers you wheel are Hot numbers.

In Quick Pick, if you wheel 10 numbers, the program automatically determines how many of those 10 numbers should be in the 1 to 12 range, 13 to 31 range, and 32 and up range. The number of numbers picked from the Hot, Cold, Due and Last Draw categories is based on previous

drawing statistics. The numbers picked are saved to a Quick Pick file and used in one or more of the 24 wheeling systems included with the program.

Wheeling Systems

Why use wheeling systems? It can honestly be said that "Wheeling" reduces the odds against you!

First, simply by playing more numbers (more than the standard six), in a group, you have a better chance of having the officially drawn numbers match your wheeled numbers. Second, by playing more tickets, you increase the odds mathematically of holding a cash paying ticket(s).

Probably the greatest single benefit of "Wheeling" is the payoff maximization that is inherent in a wheeling system. Because you are playing several combinations of the same numbers, when a few of these numbers are selected, they appear on your tickets in a "shotgun" fashion throughout the tickets you play.

In many wheeling systems, if only four numbers appear in the larger group of numbers you wheel, multiple prizes will appear throughout your tickets.

All successful professional gamblers use wheeling systems. The wheeling system concept provides a methodology for playing numbers and provides payoff maximization through multiple ticket wins. It is a matter of personal choice as to whether or not you want to play the lottery. However, if you do play the lottery, wheeling systems represent the most intelligent way to play and win!

Windows Lotto has 24 wheeling systems for Pick-5 and Pick-6 lotto games, and 20 wheeling systems for Pick-7 games. These systems can be edited or replaced with other systems.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #2218
                        September 1, 2003
                        5387 Posts
                        Posted: August 16, 2005, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Well I called the City of Seattle Washington and Washington State and they say there is no record of  a business name under Micromedia Cascade Sierra.

wsls