Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jackpot winners

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2005, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I don't think this ever happened but I am not sure.  Say there was more than one winning tickets ex 2.  One person claims the prize and the other person doesn't.  In my opinion the person that claimed it should get all of the prize instead of the other half going back to the lottery(ies).  I mean if two tickets won the prize but one went unclaimed it should be just like one winning ticket was sold.  Any other thoughts on this?

Brad

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

That is the way it should be - unfortunately, I don't know how they'd be able to enforce it.

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2005, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't think any State would give up one red penny that might float back to the State's coffer. I don't know of any State that has a governing body that is that sensative to "the people".

litebets

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2005, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Unclaimed prizes even if it's half of a jackpot should roll into the next jackpot once the money is past the claim date (with one or two extra months just in case).

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2005, 10:52 am - IP Logged

I don't think any State would give up one red penny that might float back to the State's coffer. I don't know of any State that has a governing body that is that sensative to "the people".

litebets

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

From what I can tell, when a representative takes the oath, it says "I solemnly promise not to take the concerns or welfare of any resident into any decision I make.!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

Yep, they figure, "Oh, the person who won half the jackpot is already rich enough because of it." lol

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19900 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2005, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

If there's only one winner and he doesn't claim the money the state keeps the money, why would anyone expect a different rule for more than one winner?  I'm sure there are players who would think the co-jackpot winners had enough and the extra money should be shared with all the other players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2005, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

In CA, an unclaimed MM and/or SLP jackpot winning ticket after 6 months will be transferred to educaion. Regardless, if I win a jackpot for MM and/or CA SLP, Uncle Sam will take some money away. If more than 2 winners won a jackpot and one is unclaimed like the one on September 2003, the cash value of $28.5 million in CA SLP went directly to education.