Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerPlay also changed!!

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: August 30, 2005, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Jag:

Most of the wins where I've found powerplay helpful haven't involved $200K and above.  They've come in wheels where I'd successfully picked redballs or a few whiteballs.... Those kinds of wins are the ones where powerplay's worth the money for me, and where a reduced possibility of a 5x win in favor of a 2x win won't be worth the price of admission.

I don't get many of the $400K wins for it to make that much difference.

But I doubt you're missing anything.  Just a different perspective.  Most players out there aren't figuring on a high probability of those half-mill returns, but a $50 bill makes a major difference whether they break even.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: August 30, 2005, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

True.  I've hit Powerplay a few times to turn $3 into $15.  Powerball will be saving a ton of money on those lower payouts for the smaller prizes.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: August 30, 2005, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

True.  I've hit Powerplay a few times to turn $3 into $15.  Powerball will be saving a ton of money on those lower payouts for the smaller prizes.

And, possibly, losing a ton of money on the players who played with that in mind.  Might be a wash for them, unless people just quit using the multiplier entirely.  Which might happen.  I know one who's giving it some thought.

If all those cubicles full of psychologists, MBAs, accountants and advertising men have done their homework and made the right guesses they'll obviously win.  But there's a body of evidence out there that those folks sometimes think we're all stupid in a different way than we actually are.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser