Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM at 172 million.

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2005, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Looks like sales are slowing due to the incredible disaster that hit. One more drawing to go before it breaks 200.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3055 Posts
    Posted: September 7, 2005, 1:44 am - IP Logged

That is only a 3 million jump above the last rollover of 19 million.  I guess 22 million is better than nothing at all.  It sure is obvious that players are turned off by the higher odds.  If this keeps up it will take 6 rolls to get to the 300 million mark and that is if there is no winner.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: September 7, 2005, 2:09 am - IP Logged

I don't think higher odds has much to do with it. Extremely high gas prices and the largest natural disaster to hit this century have a lot more to do with the decrease in sales in my opinion.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
        United States
        Member #19651
        August 3, 2005
        621 Posts
        Posted: September 7, 2005, 3:20 am - IP Logged

fox used to talk a 100 million jackpots now you dont see them covered till they get to 250 million

Greenwich, CT
          United States
          Member #4793
          May 24, 2004
          1822 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2005, 9:02 am - IP Logged

People are just as greedy as ever....fx is right, 250m is the new 100m.  And fewer trips to the convenience store.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2005, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm playing $3. I will be increasing my bet if no winner, whether or not it's $200 million.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2005, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

fox used to talk a 100 million jackpots now you dont see them covered till they get to 250 million

I think everything that could be written about winning $100M had been written.  After a while it seem they were just pulling up one of their old stories from the archives, which they may still be doing, but the amount has changed.  Winning a $100M jackpot would still be new and exciting to me because I have never won even a $1M jackpot.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                Yinzer Country, PA
                United States
                Member #4067
                March 18, 2004
                2741 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2005, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I'd be happy with $12 milion or $15 million, or even $1 million.  It's more than I have right now.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2005, 2:57 am - IP Logged

I think everything that could be written about winning $100M had been written.  After a while it seem they were just pulling up one of their old stories from the archives, which they may still be doing, but the amount has changed.  Winning a $100M jackpot would still be new and exciting to me because I have never won even a $1M jackpot.

RJOh

I'm playing the Quinto again on the next rollover. It's only for around 2 million but would be really happy to win it. The difference is that while I could afford a house and a good retirement fund I couldn't afford to quit work. If I win a Megamillions over $300 I can feely express what I think of work without any worry about financial repercussions. Life would be free of struggle and the daily grind. But having a house without a mortgage - that too would be nice.