Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Matrix v population

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2005, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

What I mean is this: Can you think of a jackpot game (in-state or multi-state, pick-6 or 5+1 format), whose matrix is either too large or too small for its population base?

The best example I can think of, for a game too small, is Lotto South. It's a 6/49 game that IMO should be perhaps a 6/53, given the total populations of Georgia, Kentucky, and Virginia. VA had a 6/49 that became LS, without changing the matrix.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2005, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

You complain about the 6/49 matrix even more than you complain about New York Lotto. Just be happy with what you have, because while they can make it better, they can also make it worse. You don't know what you have until it's gone. I'm sure that's how people in PA felt when Keystone Jackpot AND Wild Card Lotto was replaced with Super 6 (or Stupid 6 as I've heard it sometimes called).

As for games too small for it's state, Florida Lotto immediately comes to mind. Sure it would work fine if Powerball was around to balance the sales, but Florida Lotto gets waaaaaaay too many winners. Even more than Lotto South. I'm not suggesting increasing the matrix, I'm suggesting Powerball (or Mega Millions if MUSL doesn't want FL). It will keep Lotto sales to prudent levels, and while it won't grow as fast, it will grow bigger. As Aesop once said about a couple of animals running a foot race, "Slow and steady wins the race."

(insert signature here)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5114 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2005, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

CASH.............................

I would not be to upset about LS jackpots, matrix or population til you or .......

someone on LP hits the Jackpo$$$$$$$$$. It seems to be making a  lot of 

winners happy with 2, 3, 4, or  whatever....millions they are winning .......NOW!

Tell us some software, wheel or how easy this little game  is to WINNNNNNNNN

I won't waste any quick-pick money on it at this time are any of my time think'g

bout it..............................but, good luck

PSYKOMO 

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2005, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

You complain about the 6/49 matrix even more than you complain about New York Lotto. Just be happy with what you have, because while they can make it better, they can also make it worse. You don't know what you have until it's gone. I'm sure that's how people in PA felt when Keystone Jackpot AND Wild Card Lotto was replaced with Super 6 (or Stupid 6 as I've heard it sometimes called).

As for games too small for it's state, Florida Lotto immediately comes to mind. Sure it would work fine if Powerball was around to balance the sales, but Florida Lotto gets waaaaaaay too many winners. Even more than Lotto South. I'm not suggesting increasing the matrix, I'm suggesting Powerball (or Mega Millions if MUSL doesn't want FL). It will keep Lotto sales to prudent levels, and while it won't grow as fast, it will grow bigger. As Aesop once said about a couple of animals running a foot race, "Slow and steady wins the race."

Florida won't go Powerball or Mega Millions with its new 60% payback rule.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2005, 9:40 am - IP Logged

ryan:

FL _will_ eventually go multi-state.

As for games being too large, perhaps Lotto Texas is. They should go back to the 6/54 game, but not to the original 6/50.