Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many combinations to win MM with ?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Win MM with How many combos 100% of time?

100 000 [ 4 ]  [44.44%]
50 000 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
25 000 [ 1 ]  [11.11%]
15 000 [ 1 ]  [11.11%]
10 000 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
7 000 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
5 000 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 000 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
1 000 [ 1 ]  [11.11%]
500 [ 2 ]  [22.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 9 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 11 ]  
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2005, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

"Reasonable" ammounts of combos might be from 100 000 to 500.

How many of them Would it take YOU to win from 20 to 50 % of the time on a game such as the Mega Millions ?

And what or which "GENERAL" technique(s) and or programs or workouts (online or not), including quick picks, would you use to win with ?

And would you use at least 10 % of the profit (after all taxes and tickets are paid for) for "good works" ?

And would you try to keep on winning in the same or some other way(s) again ? And how often ? And Why ?

When, Would enough money be enough for you ? (to quit playing for good)

Good luck.

Be Real ! With How many combos would you win FOR SURE, 20 to 50 % of the time on a game such as the MMs ?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I see that people think that if it was possible to win with 100 000 combos or fewer that somebody would already be doing it and that it must be impossible.

How many people have ever tried to get the winning number with 100 000 combos ?

Not very many I guess.

Advanced filtering logic rules and techniques together with advanced filters and advanced statistics integrated into a lottery program or suite of lottery programs should be able to do it.

The main trick is the development of the advanced filtering logic rules.

Then the filters based on them must be made and put into a program together with the needed statistics that the filtes' logic rules will need to decide which filters and how to use them.

The first thing is to make the sets of filters' logic rules according to all kinds of possible known statitics and observations, then refine the statistics according to the ofservations and make the filters usage rules and then the implementation of the filters and then the programs' logic use of them based upon the rules and the statistics.

Something like that, a sort of BASIC ntelligent use of filters.

Later a second generation program, would have a sort of artificial intelligence that would make it's own filters' rules and filters, based on statistics that it would itself look for according to it's preprogrammed artificial intelligence.

But the first kind of non artificial intelligence filters program would be more than good enough to win with.

Filters' rules are a most based on observation and statistics, then the program itself must be made.

Games such as the Tx2Step and TxCash5 should be much easier of course.

A 6/49 or 6/50 game with no bonus ball might be easy enough for such a program.

Who can develop advance filtering rules ? I think almost anybody.

But only a programmer can make the program and only a rich person can buy the combinations.

Good luck.

Maybe you say that many people alreadyn use filters and programs and don't win, but what filters do they use and how.

Just how much they they know about filters and they proper uses and do they have the right software(s) that have the right filters and statistics ?

Maybe many filter experts are not as experts as they think that they are. Are they ?

Did anybody ever write about advanced jackpot games' filtering techniques and rules ?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2005, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I didn't vote because the only sure way to find out is by playing every number combination, and it would be very hard to make a profit after taxesby playing every combination.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2005, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Playing every combination would get the number every time for sure.

But what about winning about 20 % of the time ?

How many combos would you have to buy ?

Has anybody ever tried to find out just how many combos it would take them to win about 20 % of the time ?

Would it take them 1/5 of the total possible combinations or more or fewer ?

And what about filters ? Don't they work at all ? Don't they reduce the total ammount of combos some ?

Has anybody who really knows how to use them tried to see just how much they (The filters) would reduce the total ammount of combos and still win about 20 % of the time ?

Is there a good enough filter program somewhere and does anybody know how to use it right ?

How much can it reduce the total combos and still win about 20 % of the time ?

Has anybody done enough or any experimentation at all ?

Can you reduce the total combos to 1/100 ? What about 1/500 or 1/1000 ? Not even to 1/50 ?

Has anybody tried to reduce the total combos at all ? How ?

Some programs claim to have very good filters, Do they ?

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
          Riverside, Ca
          United States
          Member #21722
          September 14, 2005
          173 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2005, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

all you need is one

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2005, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I just came with an idea for a possible Lottery (Lotto) "Super" filter, that I might call the "Programmable Multipass  (or Pass) Ramp-Sequence (or Sequential-Ramp) Symmetry Filter) or PMRSF (or PMSSF).

I just came with the (general) outline for the filter and it is not well defined yet, it should or would be a basic "almost" general purpose "combinations patterns I.D filter), so I guess that it can also be called a "Combinations Patterns IDs filter" or "CPIF" for short.

All those names are too long it will just be the "Symmetry Patterns" filter.

I wish that I could tell you all more about it, but not only it is not yet well defined, but it is also a private non public possible filter, because if it works and if it also could be coded into a program, it could be too powerfull to be given to the public.

I am not myself a programmer, but it could be hard to program and could take lots of time to do it.

This filter is a sort of compilation of many filters put together into one, like a multifilter and or super-compound filter, the filter's defining parameters could all be manually set, or some could be manual and others self adjusting or self regulated by the program itself (semi-automatic).

It could start as a "simpler filter" (not too much compound filtering) and grow from there into more compound filterings, it could do all the filtering in just one "pass" (maybe very complicated to code into a program) or into multiple passes (maybe a lot easier to implement into a program).

By what I have already said, maybe some people can get the idea of what I am (or might be) talking about.

I have not used any jackpot lottery programs, so it is possible that some program or programs might already have this or a similar filter.

Maybe somebody can develop his own version(s) of this filter, since it is a very general filter and can be customized in many ways.

Good luck.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2005, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

A possible strong subfilter for the new filter Symmetry Patterns might be the straight & or reversed series & or parallel "Twins" or "Mirror" filter.

They might be new filters as I have them in mind, but I don't know.

Maybe I can think of more such new subfilters.

United States
                Member #21574
                September 11, 2005
                138 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2005, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Forget about filters...that's just fantasy.  If you believe (as I do) that the integrity of the game is PLAYED FAIR by all parameters being equal (all ball's size and weight the same) then your only stragety is in combinatorics.  Hu?  Say WHAT ??

COM.BIN.A.TOR.ICS  (Kom-bin-a-tor-iks)  n,

Combinatorics is a branch of mathematics that studies finite collections of objects that satisfy specified criteria, and is in particular concerned with "counting" the objects in those collections (enumerative combinatorics) and with deciding whether certain "optimal" objects exist (extremal combinatorics).

The REAL QUESTION is can one ISOLATE those combinations when bet collectively (wheeled) provide for a reasonable expectation of a positive return.  The answer is YES (at first glance).  For example, look at a spider's web.  It is symmetrical in its design and practical in its application as a way of covering a larger area with less material.  A genuine "wheel" of combinations will accomplish the same goal with one problem:  It is NOT cost-effective over the entire matrix.  Its can be very profitable IF the actual numbers drawn are within the SMALLER field making up the wheel.  However, if you miss ANY of the 5#s picked -- your going to take a SERIOUS hit.  So what is a genuine wheel ?

Start with 5/55 (PowerBall) with 3#'s repeating:

1-2-3-4-5

1-2-3-6-7

1-2-3-8-9

There will be thousands of symmetrical combinations paying smaller prizes which collectively will NOT pay to play.  Ever wonder why 3+0 pays $7 ONLY ?? Why not $8 or $9 or more ?  Ever wonder why the payout table is what it is ?  Because the GURUs at MUSL know EXACTLY where break-even is and you and I will never get close enough to it using the only LOGICAL and therefore SENSIBLE approach.

Your thoughts ?

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

It is possible that such a post might make me to try to prove that some uses of filters work O.K. by giving you 1 or more filter examples and of course much more detailed information about their use(s).

Have you really studied lottery filters and also Have you ever tried to use them and For how long ?

Maybe not for very long if at all ? Maybe you didn't understand them too well?

It's O.K., some or many people have trouble with them, that of course does not mean that they are worthless, just that they might not be very easy to understand and use.

Filters work to some extent because of the way that "Random" works or "Combines" the "Numbers". Did you say Combinatorics ? That is what I am talking about myself too, that is why filters work and are used to reduce or filter out, because of the way in which the "Numbers" are "Combined" or "MIxed"

"Random" mixing of the numbers (Combinatorics ?) is the reason why filters work.

You might not be too far off with your Combinatorics thinking.

Now, as to "Probability Fields" that is nothing new, take a "Look" at the electrons "making" orbits around the nucleus, we can only guess where a particular electron might be at any particular time, probability might say that it might be around a given area and or that a "Cloud" of them might or could be somewhere close to a particular place or area around the nucleus.

I don't know about nuclear physics, but I do now a thing or two about lottery filters.

There are 2 things that "Rule" lottery "Combinatorics", the structure, make-up or mechanics of the particular lottery game and the so-called "Random".

The make-up of the game determines all the possible total combinations of that game and "Random" determines the "Actual" combinations that will come out and their particular "Frequencies".

Perhaps I have said way too much already.

I am very sorry if anybodies feelings are hurt, I didn't mean to.

Good luck to all.

And by the way, your work is really very interesting and usefull, keep it up.

Smaller prices are O.K. if you get very very many of them in that particular draw and if the pay-outs are not "Pari-Mutual".

Again, good luck to everybody.

Anybody else, any more ideas ?

Fernando.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: September 20, 2005, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Draw Date

Combination Drawn

Friday

Sep 16, 2005

05-16-41-46-50 B01

Tuesday

Sep 13, 2005

13-24-44-48-52 B30

Friday

Sep 9, 2005

15-28-43-51-52 B11

Tuesday

Sep 6, 2005

01-08-27-31-50 B40

Friday

Sep 2, 2005

01-04-14-45-53 B33

Tuesday

Aug 30, 2005

19-32-42-49-56 B29

Friday

Aug 26, 2005

05-20-38-47-54 B35

Tuesday

Aug 23, 2005

06-07-08-13-40 B12

Friday

Aug 19, 2005

02-13-18-36-46 B36

Tuesday

Aug 16, 2005

09-15-20-24-55 B03

Friday

Aug 12, 2005

08-37-38-45-54 B21

Tuesday

Aug 9, 2005

13-35-36-43-52 B05

Friday

Aug 5, 2005

03-05-48-50-53 B04

Tuesday

Aug 2, 2005

17-22-39-50-52 B46

Friday

Jul 29, 2005

04-16-23-25-40 B22

Tuesday

Jul 26, 2005

01-10-18-29-55 B08

Those are some past MMs draws.

Tell me What do many of the draws HAVE that is or are COMMON to many of them and ?:

What do many of the draws DON'T HAVE that is or are COMMON to many of them ?

Filters are so missunderstood.

Yes, filters can and do many many times cut-off the winning number and also do leave many many draws to be played.

Do you think that it is easy to win ?

There is no magic here just common sense.

A person has to know what to use and when and how much.

Poor knowledge of filters' statistics leads to losing.

You have to use what you see that seems to work often enough, so you can get the winning number at least a small, but good enough percent of the time.

If a lottery program does not have what you need to use, then you must MAKE YOUR OWN PROGRAM.

You need a very good working knowledge of filters to make your own.

If it was so easy, Would not a lot of people be winning very often ?

Expect to reduce the combos "SOME", you are not very likely to reduce them just to a few or one.

Another way might be to chose number groups to wheel and then filter the produced combos some.

------------

But to the above combos. What or which are relatively safe filters that would not too or very often cut-off the winning numbers, based on the make-up of the above winning numbers.

What is the general make-up or common general make-up of the above winning numbers, Do you know, Any ideas ?

They all have some things in common and also they all don't have some things that are in common to them.

Do you know what they are ?

Can you develop filters according to them ?

Think about it and let me know, post it here on this thread.

You don't see anything that helps ? Some people must or might !

Reducing some combos without cutting of the winning number way too often is hardly impossible, it all depends on how many winning numbers you are trying to get.

at least 3 maybe or at least 4 or 5 or all of them ?

The fewer the numbers that you want to win with, the more filters that you can try to use and the fewer the combinations that are left to play.

-----

Based on the above winning combos, tell me about possible "SAFE" filters that can be used, to get winning combos such as those.

Good luck.

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: September 21, 2005, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

I will not be putting any real lottery filter ideas here for various reasons, one of then being lack of participation and interest from people, but maybe mostly because jackpot prices have to be shared among the winners.

For the first time I have tried to use the program by Stoopendaal called LS2004 and it does not work with my computer, it might be (the program) a resource hog and or I had too many applications running at the same time, or a combinations of both.

I will again try latter without any other programs or applications running, but it might not do too much better maybe (I don't know). It stops almost completely after making from 13 to 33 combinations and also when trying to call some of the filters functions (windows) it often gives errors.

There are also other maybe memory related errors or whatever kind of errors when trying to do some things with it.

I later have to try with only LS2004 running.

Also the logic that it uses to make combinations and to filter them, I don't understand it.

Also I have to say that I don't understand many of it's filters, that is the way in which they work and are used.

I would had started making lines with the lowest number like 01 02 03 04 05  and then according to the filters either reject it or pass it, if rejected then it would be erased from memory, if passed then it would be written into the hard-drive on a file.

Then the next line made which would then be 01 02 03 04 06 and again either passed or rejected same as before according to the set filters, then deleted from memory or written into a hard-drive file, then the next line made:

01 02 03 04 07 and on and so on, untill the very end of the lines the last line being for a 5/35:     31 32 33 34 35  of course it would work for all jackpot games not just pick or cash 5s, just as LS2004 is also for all jackpot ganmes.

At the end, there would only be all the lines that were passed thru the filters on that hard-drive file.

The generation and filtering of the combinations would be fast.

But I would start with the very lowest number and progress to the highest possible number and check and filter every single number in it's turn after it is just made.

Filter programs should be custom made for the particular person that is using them and his or her special filter needs.

Maybe I should study computer programming, RJOH says that he uses GWBasic and that he then compiles it with QuickBasic or some other program and that GWBasic does the filter jobs just fine, maybe I should try that myself ?

Also, I need to start checking other Jackpot programs.

Maybe I will start to study programming with good old "Commodore 64 Basic" (Basic v2) and work up from there to GWBasic and maybe even other programming languages ?

And see if I can understand and work with them or not.

A good logical progression might be from: C-64 Basic, GWBasic, QuickBasic, Visual Basic and from there on to any other language and or languages.

Any suggestions ?

Good luck to all.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: September 21, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I had only LS2004 running, I stopped all other programs.

Well now I know for sure that with this computer I can't use LS2004, it makes a few combinations and it stops making them, from 10 to 35 combos only depending on filter's settings and game.

Also I can't understand very many of it's filters anyway. The program has no documentation.

The generation of combinations with it is incredibly slow after making from 10 to 30 first and fast combinations.

It is O.K. if I am interested in making only 10  to 13 combinations and using only a few of it's filters.

I will have to move on to the next Jackpot program, maybe tomorrow.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Since MegaMillions has changed its matrix, these have been the most popular numbers:

01 05 07 08 09 13 14 18 20 25 35 36 38 40 41 42 43 45 46 48 50 51 52 53 54 55
                          (this group had 5of5 five times and 4of5 eleven times of 27 drawings)

In the last 20 drawings 10 of the drawings had:
                           a number from the previous 2 drawings
                           a number from the previous 4-6 drawings
                           a number from the previous 7-9 drawings
                           a number from the previous 9-14 drawings
                           a number from the previous 15-25 drawings

Sums ranges = 75-215 with 75% within 75-205
                          Gap ranges = 1 -43 with 75% within 1-15
                          Range of combinations (lowest-highest) = 18-55 with 75% within 18-50

When compared to all the MegaMillions previous drawings have matched:
                           matched 1 = 94-133 times
                           matched 2 = 7-32 times
                           matched 3 = 0-4 times
                           matched 4 = 0 times
                           matched 5 = 0 times

For the megaball use the most popular 25 megaballs that have not hit in the previous 12 drawings.

Find all the combinations that are within these parameters and you might have a winner on the list for the next drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: September 25, 2005, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

LANTEN writes:

Maybe I should study computer programming, RJOH says that he uses GWBasic and that he then compiles it with QuickBasic or some other program and that GWBasic does the filter jobs just fine, maybe I should try that myself ?

Also, I need to start checking other Jackpot programs.

Maybe I will start to study programming with good old "Commodore 64 Basic" (Basic v2) and work up from there to GWBasic and maybe even other programming languages ?

And see if I can understand and work with them or not.

A good logical progression might be from: C-64 Basic, GWBasic, QuickBasic, Visual Basic and from there on to any other language and or languages.

Any suggestions ?

I suggest you start out with the latest version of what ever language you decide to learn because it will be easier to find support.

I started with TI-Basic, then C-64 Basic, then Tandy Basic which was similar to GWBasic.  I bought copies of QuickBasic and Visual Basic but never learn them completely because it's hard for an old dog to learn new tricks unless he has to.  I learned new version of BASIC because I changed machines.  When I was learning Tandy Basic and GWBasic there was a lot of commercial magazines that gave example of programs in BASIC.  Magazines like BYTE and PCM were helpful to the person learning to program on his own.  Today I don't see that kind of support and it's hard to find books that explain the older versions of BASIC. 

Today you can buy data programs that can do anything you might want to do with data thus there is less need to learn programmings unless you're considering a career.

Good luck what ever you decide and have fun.

RJOh 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2005, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I may put those parameters in my earlier post in my RNG and set it on continue and see what it comes up with.  It was designed to pick up to 500 lines.

RJOh

Evil Looking