Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a good way to pick MM numbers

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by fja.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
Riverside, Ca
United States
Member #21722
September 14, 2005
173 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2005, 1:58 am - IP Logged

im going to try and explane this is best way i can, i don't play MM that much but i kinda noticed something with MADDOGS Challenge's you know how it is, pick 15 white numbers and 5 mega numbers. i was looking at the results of some older Challenges and most (not all) of the people only had 1 or 2 numbers right, some might get 3 maybe 4, so i was thinking to get good numbers that would come up, all you have to do is just randomly pick like 4 or 5 peoples picks, and then don't choose any of the numbers that you have in those groups of numbers, because like i said before alot of the people only get like 1 or 2 numbers...you might now win the jackpot but you will get some money back. just try it one time and see how good you do.

well goodluck everyone Smiley

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8396 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2005, 2:57 am - IP Logged

Down sounds like a good idea anything one can do to try and win these games is what it's all about.

I've tried process of elimination that is chose picks based on numbers that haven't hit in a while. And while your idea might work i found when i did it that usually 2 numbers i dropped from the group are the 2 that come out.

Another thing it's not that the people in the challenge cant pick winning numbers it's the number of possible combinations of numbers that have to be chose. The challenge could post 50,000 or more picks and still not get all of the right numbers that win.

Amarillo/Austin
      United States
      Member #1424
      April 25, 2003
      696 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2005, 3:01 am - IP Logged

There is a certain logic to this strategy.  If people could really pick numbers there would be no lottery because the state would lose too much money.  Good idea!

Orangeman                                              Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19904 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2005, 4:18 am - IP Logged

If there was anything to this strategy, Down would be using it himself instead of suggesting someone else try it. 

Every MegaMillions drawing have 175,711,536 possible outcomes and only 4,405,086 or 2.5% of those combinations will pay anything, so it not hard to pick one of the 87.5% that pay nothing.

Winning a lottery will never be as easy as copying what someone else is doing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Riverside, Ca
          United States
          Member #21722
          September 14, 2005
          173 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2005, 4:41 am - IP Logged

just to let you know i do use this strategy and others but i use it on the state lottery

Riverside, Ca
            United States
            Member #21722
            September 14, 2005
            173 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2005, 4:42 am - IP Logged

its the first time im ever trying it so i don't know what will happen

NY
              United States
              Member #16556
              June 1, 2005
              1053 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2005, 7:58 am - IP Logged

i tried that during the beginning ,its harder than expected LOL now im trying last digit analysis  ,like for instance a number this month hasnt had a number end last digit 9 ,so next drawing i may pick 1 or 2 #s  ending in 9 when i play....and the last digit #1 has been hit 7 times ,so it may have just maxed out and i wont see it till next month

hosni's avatar - hosni
                Escondido, CA
                United States
                Member #70
                December 31, 2001
                12890 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2005, 8:10 am - IP Logged

i tried that during the beginning ,its harder than expected LOL now im trying last digit analysis  ,like for instance a number this month hasnt had a number end last digit 9 ,so next drawing i may pick 1 or 2 #s  ending in 9 when i play....and the last digit #1 has been hit 7 times ,so it may have just maxed out and i wont see it till next month

In case you didn't know, there is a DOS program called Digital Frequency Analysis (DFA) v2.0, produced by CASPOPUB of Ft. Myers, FL. In 1999 I won two 4/5 Fantasy-5 game in California using it.

Escondido John

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19904 Posts
                  Posted: September 24, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

its the first time im ever trying it so i don't know what will happen

If you had ever tried it, you would have known the results. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                    Member #91
                    January 19, 2002
                    12018 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2005, 10:09 am - IP Logged

ping pong balls, opposite of what you pick, quick pics, birthday numbers, fortune cookies, same numbers every draw, one line per ticket, repeat numbers, frequency analysis, hot numbers, cold numbers, wheel programs, kaos theory, pattern theories, last digit numbers, super computers...etc......

All theories that will probably work eventually, and some have......its just a matter of who's going to be around when they do..

I play 10 lines using 35 white balls,  I often achieve 3 and 4 numbers right.  once in awhile I have all 5 numbers picked.....and only once this year did i have 5+1 (in 3 different lines, using only 10 mb numbers).  But thats just another theory............

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8396 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2005, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Fja wrote: I play 10 lines using 35 white balls,  I often achieve 3 and 4 numbers right.  once in awhile I have all 5 numbers picked.....and only once this year did i have 5+1 (in 3 different lines, using only 10 mb numbers).  But that's just another theory............

And it's a good idea i have played 26 numbers on 11 lines in a wheel and have matched 3 numbers on some tickets and 2 numbers on some tickets. If i could afford to play say 112 to 156 lines i might have matched all 5. The biggest part of this is having the right numbers in the wheel if 2 numbers in the wheel are misplaced then is messes up the whole attempt.

Also while I'd like to think there is some good way to figure out what the mega ball might be, that is a coin toss i don't think any method can accurately predict which mega ball will come out. The best idea i have for choosing the mega ball is playing ones that come out the most figuring they might come out again.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                        Member #91
                        January 19, 2002
                        12018 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2005, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Bu the way, when I say that I achieve 3, 4 or 5 numbers correct its usually on different lines.....I have hit several 3+0 and 2+1 and 0+1 this year, but I have not acheived a 3+1 or better in quite awhile....my average winnings for the length of time playing is at a dismal 18 cents per dollar played.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields