Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Midday 10/5

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MollyG.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
fudgeTex's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
East Texas
United States
Member #6693
September 4, 2004
778 Posts
Posted: October 5, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know until I went to pay for the ticket; I didn't even know 888 had hit. I go there all the time and the manager wasn't there when I called in and when I walked in the store she asked if I played the 8's today. and I said you know I did; At least that what I thought. Oh well, I will know from now on to have them repeat back to me what I said so I know they got what I said correct.

cv844's avatar - Lottery-049.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #4689
    May 17, 2004
    4121 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2005, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

always check your ticket before u leave because they make mistakes too.

MollyG's avatar - happy
      TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
      United States
      Member #9019
      November 25, 2004
      523 Posts
      Posted: October 5, 2005, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

I didn't know until I went to pay for the ticket; I didn't even know 888 had hit. I go there all the time and the manager wasn't there when I called in and when I walked in the store she asked if I played the 8's today. and I said you know I did; At least that what I thought. Oh well, I will know from now on to have them repeat back to me what I said so I know they got what I said correct.

fudgeTex, how heart-breaking!

Here's a possibility:  maybe the "clerk" bought 881 and ran the 888 for you, like you requested.  After the draw, he/she keeps the winning ticket and you get the other one (881), since you didn't buy it in person.  Sorry, but there are crooked people EVERYWHERE....and believe me.....8 and 1 do NOT sound alike so they should NOT have misunderstood you.

I feel so sorry for you.

Maybe tonight will be better.  Good luck.