Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Good lotto websites

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by lady bren.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Louisville, KY
United States
Member #15734
May 20, 2005
203 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2005, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Here's the best one in cyberspace: www.lotterypost.com ... oh...looks like you don't need it- because here you are!!

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2005, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

To date there are 23,780 registered members, News, predictions, blogs, systems to ponder, systems to work with, topics to spat over, challenges to challenge you, spammers and bootleggers of lottery systems visiting every week... This is the best site for all of the above. Now, all you have to do is figure out which one of these interest you. You have already signed up. Hang around. we'll grow on you.

litebets

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
      Springfield,Ohio
      United States
      Member #14006
      April 19, 2005
      3972 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2005, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

That sure shut em up!!!....LOL

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2005, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

To date there are 23,780 registered members, News, predictions, blogs, systems to ponder, systems to work with, topics to spat over, challenges to challenge you, spammers and bootleggers of lottery systems visiting every week... This is the best site for all of the above. Now, all you have to do is figure out which one of these interest you. You have already signed up. Hang around. we'll grow on you.

litebets

I totally agree. This site has been the best thing since spliced thread. I mean sliced bread.

Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2005, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

actually, if hmsoqu is sincere, I hope he/she will continue to talk and contribute. He/she just maybe the one to bring us the winning numbers that we seek.

litebets

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
            Springfield,Ohio
            United States
            Member #14006
            April 19, 2005
            3972 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2005, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

actually, if hmsoqu is sincere, I hope he/she will continue to talk and contribute. He/she just maybe the one to bring us the winning numbers that we seek.

litebets

Same here.. But if it was amother prankster then my first post applies...

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

Maryland
              United States
              Member #10465
              January 14, 2005
              6065 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2005, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

litebets

Same here.. But if it was amother prankster then my first post applies...

I Agree!

litebets

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2005, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Frankly I wish there were half a dozen good lottery websites out there.  Maybe one covering Asia and the Pacific (but in English), one covering South America (but in English).  I think it would be fun to browse a wider range of lotteries and see what sorts of topics the folks elsewhere would discuss.

Might even be nice to have another one or two covering the US.  But they'd all have a winner to beat, or a model to imitate and they'd probably all come up second by several lengths.

Likely none of the above will happen, however.  Considering how many lottery players there are in the US it's surprising there's not a lot larger user-population here.  I'd say on average there are probably 300 people on LP at any given time, though there must be tens of thousands of lottery players online.

Maybe they just haven't thought to do a search.  Or maybe they just aren't as interested in the games as we are.  How could that possibly be?  Must be lots of weird people on the planet spending their time not doing this is all I can figure.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3112 Posts
                  Posted: October 13, 2005, 12:21 am - IP Logged

LotteryPost.com is hands down the best lottery forum and news site on the web.

What always surprises me, is the people that say they never go anywhere else, because some of the members here have excellent complimentary sites with lottery information that supports what is discussed here.  I'd post a few, but I don't think this is thread is the right time and place.  Of course there is a world of difference between a hobby site loaded with information and a guy just trying to sell you something.

BobP 

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                    Member #17834
                    June 28, 2005
                    2083 Posts
                    Posted: October 13, 2005, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Hi all I can say is that LP is the best lottery website out there. After months and months of searching for good sites this is the only one that is actually good. I also noticed this subject is called good lottery websites. Well you can't have a chat of sites if you can't even say them. We should rename this topic to LP the only Lottery site that is good other wise it makes no sence telling people not to post a site if that is what the topic is about. I not saying people should post sites but, if they want to they should do it in private PM's so other people can check them out. LP is good but, it's always worth gaining experience from other sites that are out there and then sharing them with others.

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23351 Posts
                      Posted: October 13, 2005, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Hi all I can say is that LP is the best lottery website out there. After months and months of searching for good sites this is the only one that is actually good. I also noticed this subject is called good lottery websites. Well you can't have a chat of sites if you can't even say them. We should rename this topic to LP the only Lottery site that is good other wise it makes no sence telling people not to post a site if that is what the topic is about. I not saying people should post sites but, if they want to they should do it in private PM's so other people can check them out. LP is good but, it's always worth gaining experience from other sites that are out there and then sharing them with others.

Powerplayer

I agree, and I sympathize with this.  The problem is that I live is a world were as soon as I say "OK" to one link, there are people just waiting for that to happen so they can post their horde of links.  And most of those links will be to places looking to sell systems are other spam ads.

And then when I delete those spam ads, the people who posted them write me nasty PMs saying "Why can't I post my links, when you let Xyz post their links?"  And then I explain, but it's never good enough, and the flame wars begin.

Can you tell I've been down this road before?

This whole scenario is the reason that I do allow BobP to post a link to his site every once and a while.  He has a tremendous resource of links, and I know that he does his best to keep them up to date and complete.  And he is not trying to spam people.  And because he has a bit of anime on his site. LOL

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: October 13, 2005, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I don't think the average lottery player has any idea of what they are doing. They walk in, place a bet, and walk away. They never win anything, but, like sheep, repeat the process over and over. I am amazed at the statements of winners, It is obvious they have no idea of what they won, or the impact on their lifes. No planning, no initiative, no nothing.  If they do "dream", the dream is: Win Lottery. End of dream. I would love to know the number of tickets thrown away that have a winner in the lower tiers; by people who have no idea of the value of that ticket..

A lot of those "players" do not have internet access from home.  I work in a heavily computer based area, and there are people here who do not have an ISP from home. They only use the assets from work. They don't search on lottery because they just don't care; unless it is to search the current amount.

I would venture to say, most of the first timers here have no idea of what this site is about. Unless they came here via a friend. There is a ton of data here. It is difficult to absorbe, especially when you only spend five minutes looking.

The world of instant gratification is spreading faster than the need for knowledge.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23351 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2005, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I don't think the average lottery player has any idea of what they are doing. They walk in, place a bet, and walk away. They never win anything, but, like sheep, repeat the process over and over. I am amazed at the statements of winners, It is obvious they have no idea of what they won, or the impact on their lifes. No planning, no initiative, no nothing.  If they do "dream", the dream is: Win Lottery. End of dream. I would love to know the number of tickets thrown away that have a winner in the lower tiers; by people who have no idea of the value of that ticket..

A lot of those "players" do not have internet access from home.  I work in a heavily computer based area, and there are people here who do not have an ISP from home. They only use the assets from work. They don't search on lottery because they just don't care; unless it is to search the current amount.

I would venture to say, most of the first timers here have no idea of what this site is about. Unless they came here via a friend. There is a ton of data here. It is difficult to absorbe, especially when you only spend five minutes looking.

The world of instant gratification is spreading faster than the need for knowledge.

Chewie,

I think you're right on the money with several points.  I am especially sensitive to the fact that as the site has grown in the number of features available, it has become harder for newbies to find those new features.

I have some really interesting ideas to remedy that situation, but I'm not going to give it away for fear that my idea will be stolen and used on some other website.  Let's just say that I think I have a solution, and eventually I'll be able to program it and all will be good.

Then, after it's implemented, look for other sites to do the same thing -- it's a good idea.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Goleta, CA
                            United States
                            Member #23423
                            October 12, 2005
                            9 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2005, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree that this is an awesome site to get info from other people, i just thought that the site i posted was a good site to get stats on different lotteries for free and no membership, but i understand that the people here are dicated to this site which is also awesome

Goleta, CA
                              United States
                              Member #23423
                              October 12, 2005
                              9 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2005, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

and also, this wasn't supposed to be about spaming or self promotion, it was about finding other good places on the web to get lottery info, i thought that this site was a place of open discussion on lottery topics, i think it might be that you get info from the site that i posted that you would have to upgrade (pay) to get on this site. whatever, if anyone wants the link that i'm referring to they can email me and i'll help them out.