Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PB=$290 Million

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2005, 1:02 am - IP Logged

WOW.  Looks like that matrix change worked..  If it rolls Saturday we can expect a new PB record.  Good Luck guys...

How are you going to win if you don't play?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2005, 1:09 am - IP Logged

wow I can't believe no one hit it. I wonder if there will be a sales ajustment later to push it above 300.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3090 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2005, 1:36 am - IP Logged

I will take $141.9 million in cash any day especially saturday.

United States
        Member #21574
        September 11, 2005
        138 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2005, 2:01 am - IP Logged

The best way to measure just how many more rollovers will happen is to look at the number of 2nd prize winners.  15 this pass means that at most 26 other 2nd place MISSES were possible.  (15+26+1 (the ACTUAL PB) = 42).  With this rollover and now 290M pot it is reasonable to expect the next 2nd place teir will have MORE than 15 winners thus further narrowing the possibility of subsequent rollovers until there is a hit.  I realize some second prize winners could pick the same PB#.  The fact is that the more bets placed the harder it is to rollover.

Annuities are for Lovers.....Lumps are for LOSERS

new delhi
          India
          Member #22145
          September 20, 2005
          174 Posts
          Posted: October 13, 2005, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Annuities may be for lovers but lumps are for the smarter!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: October 13, 2005, 4:21 am - IP Logged

Yea just as I thought, another roll over. I think this one will get into the mid to high 300 million range, at LEAST. But it would be nice to see it get up to almost 500 million or more. If it gets to high, I wonder if they will take out the two extra balls? I bet that guy in front of me at the store today who bought $50 in tickets is pissed. lol

2 Pennsylvania players matched 5 of 5, each receiving $200,000.00
            25 Pennsylvania players matched 4 of 5 and the Power Ball, each receiving $10,000.00

Another 27 really pissed people. I am kinda glad I was not one of them! Shocked P***ed

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: October 13, 2005, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Although I would most likely take a lump sum, at this point it would not even matter to me that much. I do not really live in a big area, so I would not have to claim annuity just so everyone thought I did not have all the money yet. But I would want to get my businesses up and running right away, and the lump sum pay out would be far more than I would ever need. Both payout versions have their advantages however, and I believe it is always a personal jugdment call, not a universal one. Depending on your age, financial situation before the windfall, and many others.

md
                United States
                Member #14047
                April 20, 2005
                580 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2005, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I have a feeling we are going to enjoy witnessing a NEW RECORD!  This should prove interesting in the next week or two..  Good Luck to everyone.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23350 Posts
                  Posted: October 13, 2005, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Anyone planning to play at Prime Ticket Service should get their orders in immediately.  I got mine in this morning.  When the jackpot is huge they have been cutting off sales early.  It's actually one of the things I like about them -- if they feel their sales are beyond their capacity they will cut off sales, rather than keep taking orders for tickets that possibly can't be bought.  Based on the current jackpot, I would not be surprised if it was an entire day early.

(Click the link on the left to go there if you wish to help Lottery Post get affiliate credit.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: October 13, 2005, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Although I would most likely take a lump sum, at this point it would not even matter to me that much. I do not really live in a big area, so I would not have to claim annuity just so everyone thought I did not have all the money yet. But I would want to get my businesses up and running right away, and the lump sum pay out would be far more than I would ever need. Both payout versions have their advantages however, and I believe it is always a personal jugdment call, not a universal one. Depending on your age, financial situation before the windfall, and many others.

Of prime concern for annuity is the death tax. A long time payment doesn't do any good to anyone when $80M is due to Uncle nexty week. How much do you think you can sell an annuity when the buyer knows he has you over a barrel? The bigger the ocean, the bigger the sharks - you would be a prime meal! Don't want to think about death - then don't think about living.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

new delhi
                      India
                      Member #22145
                      September 20, 2005
                      174 Posts
                      Posted: October 13, 2005, 10:43 am - IP Logged

hey guys...besides online, any idea how one can get hold of these lottos in the UK......is there a firm that would be dealing with the MM and the PB......in and around London??

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23350 Posts
                        Posted: October 13, 2005, 10:48 am - IP Logged

hey guys...besides online, any idea how one can get hold of these lottos in the UK......is there a firm that would be dealing with the MM and the PB......in and around London??

Are you saying you're looking for someone to transport Powerball tickets to the UK?  Any such service would be illegal.  There are federal laws against transporting lottery tickets by any form of common carrier to a different jurisdiction (other than where the ticket was purchased).

The only way you could do it would be to hire someone to personally fly to the USA and come back with tickets.  That would not be considered as "common carrier".  But something like UPS or FedEx is considered a common carrier, so they would not work.

I'm sure you can figure out that the ridiculous economics of having someone fly to the USA to pick up some lottery tickets would prevent anyone from doing that.

new delhi
                          India
                          Member #22145
                          September 20, 2005
                          174 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2005, 10:54 am - IP Logged

hi todd....no I meant that are there international lotto agencies...I have tried to sent the Prime Ticket Service page by mail online to someone in the UK. I'm not very computer savvy so it is possible that I'm doing something wrong...

Like in the UK you can buy other lottos from europe .....the web site I've given them is www.usamega.com

Confused

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23350 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Shalini,

I'm not sure you understand the connection of web sites here.

Both Lottery Post and USA Mega are owned and run by me.  I formerly ran advertisements for a lottery service called betslips, and they provided terrific lottery service for several years.  Then, they unfortunately went out of business.

Early this year, when betslips went extinct, I began a search for a good, quality lottery service -- at least as good as betslips was.  It was a difficult search, because most of the services out there -- including most of the ones that you can find with Google -- are either scams or complete rip-offs.

Prime Ticket Service (PTS) emerged as my #1 choice, because they are completely above-board, buying the lottery tickets that they promise to, and they are reasonably-priced.  They also offer a good selection of games, although not quite as many as betslips used to.

After I decided on a good service to recommend, I requested that they allow me to advertise their service on USA Mega and Lottery Post, in exchange for affiliate credit when people click through the ads to their web site.  They agreed, although I needed to really negotiate that point, because they don't normally allow affiliate partnerships.

Hence, what you are seeing on USA Mega and Lottery Post are ads for Prime Ticket Service.  USA Mega and Lottery Post are not offering the service themselves, just like we link to Amazon.com, but we don't offer the books for sale ourselves.  They are paid advertisements.

To answer your initial question:  NO, there is no better service out there.  For now, I'd recommend PTS, and PTS alone.  If and when I am able to locate any additional services that meet my crtiteria of quality and price, I will pass that information along to everyone here at Lottery Post and USA Mega.

Hopefully this answers all questions!  (I feel like I have said all this information so many times I am blue in the face.)

new delhi
                              India
                              Member #22145
                              September 20, 2005
                              174 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2005, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I know you must be blue in the face by now.....but thanx a ton...I appreciate it. I have sent the websit all over again..

I'm glad you have this website...I really do enjoy reading it and getting online..

Blue Angel

Good night...will catch up with all of you tomorrow...............................