Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

OH Lot 'O Play- Drawings

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by NoCompLotto!.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2005, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know if the OH Lot O' Play drawibngs are televised?  Also, do they use an RNG or ball machine?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2005, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Click Here

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: November 6, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling that this game won't be around this time next year. Marrying bingo with lotto seemed like a good idea, and I'd like to see an all-cash version pop up elsewhere.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

The payout for the fifth Saturday LoP was a record low for a Saturday and a significant drop from Week 4. The $300+ million Mega jackpot must be hurting LoP.

Louisville, KY
          United States
          Member #15734
          May 20, 2005
          203 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

The payout for the fifth Saturday LoP was a record low for a Saturday and a significant drop from Week 4. The $300+ million Mega jackpot must be hurting LoP.

I know they are televised. On Wednesdays, it's at 7:29pm. Saturdays, it's during Cash Explosion - around 7:45pm. Still waiting on word from the OLC on what machine they are using for it. Doesn't seem like a Saturn (or a Criterion, which is what they were using for SLP) would hold 100 balls. Guess I could just watch a drawing and find out.

AFAIK, the jackpot has not been hit since the game was introduced. I thought the odds were supposed to be BETTER- not worse. Shows you why the payouts are so low - no one can hit the JP.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Lot'O Play will never be attractive to those players who like large jackpots and system players who like to pick all their own numbers and Ohio had to know that from the getgo.  Over all LOP may be making more money for the state than SLP did, if not it will be replaced within a year.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Louisville, KY
              United States
              Member #15734
              May 20, 2005
              203 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Lot'O Play will never be attractive to those players who like large jackpots and system players who like to pick all their own numbers and Ohio had to know that from the getgo.  Over all LOP may be making more money for the state than SLP did, if not it will be replaced within a year.

I agree. There isn't any fun in the game when you are forced to do something that you may not want to do. If they get rid of it, I hope they replace it with a good MI-OH joint venture. Just don't let MI get ahold of any of the drawings, because they will RNG them in a heartbeat.

This is also something that needs to be addressed: the odds are supposedly 1 in 6,273,960 but you could calculate them as 1 in 75,287,520. The bigger number is your actual odds if you pick your own numbers (the top line only) and the odds of each other individual line. They divide it by 12 to advertise lower odds, but I don't see that as true.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2005, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

NoCompLotto wrote:
                "AFAIK, the jackpot has not been hit since the game was introduced. I thought the odds were supposed to be BETTER< not worse. Shows you why the payouts are so low - no one can hit the JP."

As I stated in an earlier post, the facts will speak for themselves over time.  The odds of winning is 1:75,287,520 but because you get twelve ways to win it's actually 75,287,520/12 = 1:6,273,960 for a $2 ticket and the SLP was  1:13,983,816 for a $1 ticket which was actually 1:6,991,908 for $2.  Unlike LOP, each chance in SLP could win but in LOP only one of the 12 chances to win can win anything so you aren't getting 12 chances to win something but 1 of 12 chances to win.  With a smaller jackpots and less payout, the game may be more profitable for the state, but not for the players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2005, 10:10 am - IP Logged

The payouts for LoP continue to decrease. Players won less than $250,000 in the Wednesday, 11/16 drawing.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                    Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #416
                    June 23, 2002
                    1614 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2005, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot is still increasing quite a bit though....is the $250,000 about a normal amount?

Brad

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                      Marquette, MI
                      United States
                      Member #20541
                      August 20, 2005
                      705 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2005, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Cash Only says

"I have a feeling that this game won't be around this time next year. Marrying bingo with lotto seemed like a good idea, and I'd like to see an all-cash version pop up elsewhere."

Hmmm...Cash the way I see that game is that it is just a 5 of 100 game where you get to pick one set of numbers and you get 4 easy picks and 7 partial picks for your buck.  Or you could think of it as a 5 of 100 game with 12 easy picks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23261 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2005, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Anyone wondering about any drawing in the USA should click on the State Lottery Report Card in the Results menu.  All the data is right there on drawings.

Also, even more info is available about each and every game.  Go to the results page for any state, then click on a game and select "Game Information".

Sometimes people don't realize all the info available to them right here on LP.  They think the information must be out there somewhere, but never stop to think that they should explore more right here.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                          Marquette, MI
                          United States
                          Member #20541
                          August 20, 2005
                          705 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2005, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Todd says--

"Also, even more info is available about each and every game.  Go to the results page for any state, then click on a game and select "Game Information"."

Todd, you made a mistake on 'Lot o play' information.  The game is 5/100 not 5/99

00 counts as part of it so there are 100 possible numbers to pick from not 99.

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

The 11/19 payout hit another record low for a Saturday. What kind of jackpot are they waiting for?

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2005, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

The bleeding continues. The payout for the Thanksgiving eve drawing was less than $220,000.