Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is a 400 million jackpot possible?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
Member #12618
March 18, 2005
2060 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it will make it to 400 million since the media is hyping this jackpot as the BIGGEST. JACKPOT. EVER.  And tons of people will be out buying tickets. Heh.

Dance like no one is watching.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3051 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I do not see the powerball jackpot rolling three more times this run I would be shocked if it did.  I don't think it is going to roll to even $365 million because the jackpot will be hit on wednesday.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2005, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Remember, no matter how many times it rolls, the annuity limit is $500M. That means you'll never have enough to interfer with the lifestyle of the super-rich and famous. Martha may ask you for a subsription, but will never invite you to dinner. Buy a house in their world, and you will be broke again.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2005, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

There really is no annuity limit since they can just inflate it like PB but realistically I doubt any lottery would ever break the 150 million in cash after tax amount. At least not in the USA.

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2005, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I've never seen it, or bothered to spend time researching it, but I have heard there is some federal law limiting it to $500M; annuity being the best they can list. That being the case, you can't fudge $500M. 500 is five hundred, no matter how you spell it. Of course I am not fluent in Chinese, so I may be wrong on 500 being 500.

Cheers

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it will make it to 400 million since the media is hyping this jackpot as the BIGGEST. JACKPOT. EVER.  And tons of people will be out buying tickets. Heh.

To be completely honest. I hope it hits tomorrow. I am tired of buy Powerball tickets. I need a break. If I win, cool. If not, I have wasted too much money chasing the lure around the lake. I don't want to waste any more.

Cheers

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2005, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I've never seen it, or bothered to spend time researching it, but I have heard there is some federal law limiting it to $500M; annuity being the best they can list. That being the case, you can't fudge $500M. 500 is five hundred, no matter how you spell it. Of course I am not fluent in Chinese, so I may be wrong on 500 being 500.

What!?  You mean neither Powerball OR Mega Millions can ever go past $500 million!!?

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                Magnolia, Delaware
                United States
                Member #18795
                July 20, 2005
                789 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

ryanm, if that was the case, I think both games would be in one heaping bunch of trouble! I wouldn't think it could be called a lottery then with such high odds stacked against all of us who play the lottery! Look with such high odds it could happen or it couldn't, no one really knows what could happen with this new matrix and I would have hoped they would have taken that into consideration when they changed it!They would not have been able to change the matrix the way they did without the approval of the Federal Government, for the one reason of not being able to buy an annuity to payout 550 million or more over the 26 years or the 30 year period to the winner! Don't you think that would make both games Fraudulent games? And do you think for one moment, that Our Government is going to let a 28 state lottery game do something So Fraudulent on a National Scale like that without stepping in? I THINK NOT!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up