Welcome Guest
You last visited August 20, 2017, 11:08 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The RIGGED Jackpot (PB & MM) Computers!

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 12 years ago by ryanm.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
530 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2005, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

It is true that computers can be programmed to LIMIT the actual number of combinations possible to be generated.

Actually, everything I stated at the outset can be found and documented in a book written by William Atwood called The Lottery Solution.

Also is included is a software diskette.  The book is fascinating.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
    Magnolia, Delaware
    United States
    Member #18795
    July 20, 2005
    789 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2005, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

But Greg, that can only be done on QP's and games that have computers drawing the numbers! Other than that it couldn't be done on a game that uses balls!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Whats the gain for MUSL to fix the outcome? How much increase would the bonus be? The accountants gotta be counting the money, so no rip off there. No return, no crime. Petty thiefs rob a 7-11 for dollar twenty-five. No body rips of the lottery for zero gain. To prove you can do it? Not gonna happen.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        530 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Barista, it does not "apply" to games where computers draw the numbers.  It simply means that the number of combinations players buy are duplicates, despite the common assumption that your quick pick is yours alone selected just for you! 

Thus, if you buy $50. quickpicks, maybe 38 or more were sold to others because the computer is not programmed to spit out all the POSSIBLE combinations.  Does everyone feel happy that the money they've spent is uniquely "theirs"?

Of course, the people behind the powerball won't tell you that.  Read The Lottery Solution if you want.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3678 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Barista, it does not "apply" to games where computers draw the numbers.  It simply means that the number of combinations players buy are duplicates, despite the common assumption that your quick pick is yours alone selected just for you! 

Thus, if you buy $50. quickpicks, maybe 38 or more were sold to others because the computer is not programmed to spit out all the POSSIBLE combinations.  Does everyone feel happy that the money they've spent is uniquely "theirs"?

Of course, the people behind the powerball won't tell you that.  Read The Lottery Solution if you want.

It's my understanding that computers which generate QP tickets begin generating with a seed number for final output, so your statements about the possibility of duplicates same state or different states seems sound.

Another reason why people who pick their own numbers win more often although they seem to be in the minority of all ticket sales.  No guarantee of no duplicates but odds favor you more.

Good luck to everyone!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2229 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I actually heard, and read that 70% of all winners are ones who chose QP.

konane's avatar - wallace
              Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3678 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2005, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I actually heard, and read that 70% of all winners are ones who chose QP.

You're likely correct on those numbers because more people choose QP and following that there are more winners with QP. 

However, more people who choose their own numbers, although they are in the minority win more often.

Good luck to everyone!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2229 Posts
                Posted: October 19, 2005, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Just not as big of prizes? I believe it was the Powerball jackpots that I heard that about 70% are QP wins. Personally I choose my own numbers, and QPs usually.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: October 19, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm extremely upset. I paid a guy a dollar two ninety eight to fix the MegaMillion roll last night, and he ripped me off! He said it would be easy. I am still looking for him.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1885 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2005, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

"fix" the Mega Millions drawing!? lol

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      530 Posts
                      Posted: October 21, 2005, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

FORTY NINE PEOPLE HAD THE SAME QUICK PICK WHEN THEY HAD ALL FIVE NUMBERS!

As I wrote above,

"the number of combinations that players buy are duplicates, despite the common assumption that your quick pick is yours alone selected just for you!  Thus, if you buy $50. quickpicks, maybe 38 or more were sold to others because the computer is not programmed to spit out all the POSSIBLE combinations."

Ok, let's say I'm wrong and that 10 of those 49 people picked their OWN numbers!  Still, 39 same quickpick numbers were given out by the pball computer!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23834 Posts
                        Posted: October 21, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

FORTY NINE PEOPLE HAD THE SAME QUICK PICK WHEN THEY HAD ALL FIVE NUMBERS!

As I wrote above,

"the number of combinations that players buy are duplicates, despite the common assumption that your quick pick is yours alone selected just for you!  Thus, if you buy $50. quickpicks, maybe 38 or more were sold to others because the computer is not programmed to spit out all the POSSIBLE combinations."

Ok, let's say I'm wrong and that 10 of those 49 people picked their OWN numbers!  Still, 39 same quickpick numbers were given out by the pball computer!

Greg,

I agree, although the machine that is generating the numbers is the lottery machine itself, not a central computer.  The lottery machine has a RNG built-in, and it SENDS the numbers picked to the central computer, which registers them, just as it does when you supply the numbers.  So, either you pick the numbers, or the lottery machine picks the numbers, and either way, those numbers are sent to the central computer.  After the central computer verifies that it has registered the numbers, the ticket is printed.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Greenwich, CT
                          United States
                          Member #4793
                          May 24, 2004
                          1822 Posts
                          Posted: October 21, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Greg, I'm sorry, but that proves nothing.

The odds of matching 5+0 are 3.4 million to one.  Sell 150 million tickets, and every possible 5+0 combination is going to be repeated about 44 times.  49 is certainly within the expected range, given randomness. 

If 500 people had hit 5+0, you might have a case.  No matter what five number combination was drawn, excluding the red Powerball, we would've seen 35-55 Match 5 winners.

United States
                            Member #119
                            February 19, 2002
                            530 Posts
                            Posted: October 21, 2005, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

How many tickets actually DID get sold?  Do they release that kind of data?

Greenwich, CT
                              United States
                              Member #4793
                              May 24, 2004
                              1822 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2005, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Sales totaled $165,702,055.  From watching the payout board, I think the normal PowerPlay percentage is 10% of tickets??  Tons of new players for this drawing...only 2 of the 49 Match 5'ers put down the extra buck...so Powerplay was probably purchased on 3-6% of all tickets.

Sales of $165 million.......Tickets purchased - around 155 million.