Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2 winners Lucky For Life

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2005, 1:20 am - IP Logged
Mon, October 17, 2005
Lucky For Life Lotto: 5, 11, 17, 22, 30, 35
2 players matched 6 of 6, each receiving $3,000.00 a month for life
9 players matched 5 of 6, each receiving $2,000.00
357 players matched 4 of 6, each receiving $40.00

4,956 players matched 3 of 6, each receiving $3.00

Well I cannot believe I matched 4 numbers yet again on this frustrating game.

That is actually very good for as much as I play it. So I was not all that surprised to see that 2 players won the jackpot. I just wish I could have got at least one more number so that I could get some type of good return considering what I put out yearly, especially on pick 3,4, and Powerball. I played ONLY one ticket also, and I have not played since the powerball hit 100 million, as all money went towards that. Unreal, and very frustrating. But I am glad that I at least got my powerball money back that I spent this month.

RantBut $2,000, or 3,000 (2,250) a month for life would have been sweet. I am not sure whether to stick to it, or just retire from lotto play. But if I do that, I will never have a chance at winning big. But I do like the odds a lot better, and I get better paybacks, and 'paybacks' period. Funny thing is I did not use any of my systems this time, and only picked one ticket on a whim, being I just remembered it was Monday. I guess that is how it usually works, as far as I have read. I will be curious to see how the winners played, and how many tickets they bought. Almost made me want to just throw my systems out.

I played 5 tickets a few times using systems, and matched 2 at the most. Yet one QP for a dollar gets me 4 numbers! EekCrazy

I just cannot believe I got 4 numbers yet again, and how I just cannot break that 4 number barrier. Bang Head My numbers were 5, 11, 17, 28, 30, 33 Man that payout for 4 balls is miserable. One more stinking ball and I would have some serious money. 2 more, a much better life than I currently have financially. Let It All Out I am sure some others here must know how I feel right now. Course matching 5 would have been great, but also a nightmare. I am sure that is next. I really think I can beat this game, although I am not too flattered with the payout, or what it will pay during the future after inflation. However if I chose to keep working, even part-time, I would have a lot more time, and a lot more prosperity in life overall. I hate the lottery....but love it...

one day....

PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2005, 7:19 am - IP Logged

I was wondering what the heck was going on being I did not hear anything about the alleged winners. But I found this article.

MIDDLETOWN, Pa., Oct. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Monday night's drawing of the
    Pennsylvania Lottery's newest lotto game, LUCKY FOR LIFE, has produced two
    more jackpot-prize winners.  In the Oct. 17 drawing, two tickets matched all
    six winning numbers, 05-11-17-22-30-35, to win the game's top prize of $3,000
    a month for life.
        Pennsylvania Lottery officials cannot announce the identities of Monday
    night's LUCKY FOR LIFE jackpot winners until the prizes have been claimed and
    the tickets validated.  The Lottery encourages each holder of a jackpot-
    winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, contact a financial adviser,
    and then contact Lottery Headquarters, (717) 986-4720.
        LUCKY FOR LIFE top prizes must be claimed by presenting winning tickets at
    Pennsylvania Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, Monday
    through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.  These are the fifth and sixth LUCKY FOR
    LIFE jackpot-winning tickets sold in the past five months.  LUCKY FOR LIFE now
    is drawn Mondays and Thursdays.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/10-17-2005/0004171132&EDATE=

I guess that is more proof of people winning and not really caring to check their tickets. Or evidently they are not doing that bad to begin with to really care. I doubt they would be still receiving consultation for such a small Jackpot, but who knows. I know it was not me, because once again I matched only 4 numbers. That is tougher to swallow each time it happens. So I did not know if that meant to take a break, or play more.

I chose the former for awhile. But of course many people are so accustomed to losing, they just stop checking their tickets. I have yet to get to that level however. Perhaps I should leave them in the car visor for a few weeks from now on...

United States
      Member #24503
      October 23, 2005
      159 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2005, 7:30 am - IP Logged

as my grandmother says, if it's meant to happen, it will happen. and $40 is a lot more than nothing.  congratulations on that win, sirbrad.  getting four numbers consistently is actually great... some of us aren't even getting that ;)

you've got mojo, man.  time to put some positive energy behind it. no need to sap it with 'why couldn't i have it all once, instead of some more often'? then you'll see even better things coming to you.

good luck, man.

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2005, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Yes I agree, $40 is good for as much as I play, which in fact is not much at all. But I must say it is one heck of a tease. My positivity has grown since, especially after reading all my books. " Think and Grow Rich" seems to really be helping so far, and I hope it will soon evoke "the big payoff" that I have seeked for so long. Smiley I won't be satisfied though until I can at least win enough to never have to play again, or never have to work again.

Getting my money back is fine, but also not getting me anywhere either. But like I said, I have a lot of Faith! Faith that continues to grow stronger each day, as I continue to explore the hidden realms of the subconscious mind, and tap it's powers. Cool

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8361 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2005, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I read that book and it has some really good inspiring remarks although it's more about being successful at doing what you like best in regard to goal seeking. Like finding a profession you enjoy. Learning all about it and climbing the ladder one step at a time. Many people want to start out at the top. And that's not realistic. One thing in the book that's kind of important are the steps to take and if your not able to do the steps for one reason or another then he states that it's not advisable to pursue your ambition because you cant make a full commitment to you goal, If you don't have the ability to do all the steps.

Like in my case I have several disabilities and in order to achieve your goals he says you need sound mind and bodily functions. If your disability will get in the way of your goals then you will not make it through all the steps. You have to find a way to overcome every obstacle in order to climb the ladder to success as he suggests.

I'm glad you won some money playing Lucky for Life and hope you win the big enchilada

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2005, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I read that book and it has some really good inspiring remarks although it's more about being successful at doing what you like best in regard to goal seeking. Like finding a profession you enjoy. Learning all about it and climbing the ladder one step at a time. Many people want to start out at the top. And that's not realistic. One thing in the book that's kind of important are the steps to take and if your not able to do the steps for one reason or another then he states that it's not advisable to pursue your ambition because you cant make a full commitment to you goal, If you don't have the ability to do all the steps.

Like in my case I have several disabilities and in order to achieve your goals he says you need sound mind and bodily functions. If your disability will get in the way of your goals then you will not make it through all the steps. You have to find a way to overcome every obstacle in order to climb the ladder to success as he suggests.

I'm glad you won some money playing Lucky for Life and hope you win the big enchilada

Nothing like some one with a disability telling it like it is. Too bad the whiners don't realize how good they have it. Congrads for looking for ways to overcome obstacles, Best of luck, and I don't say that to everyone!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Yeah I actually use the book for added reassurance towards my current career goals, but it sure doesn't hurt any to adopt the same positive mentality for other things as well, or whatever one needs to overcome. If you can dream it, you can achieve it. I think the book provides great examples about how everything that exists today was once only a mere thought by someone. A thought that they made a reality...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8361 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2005, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Long before I read the book my mother said all one needs to do to have untold wealth was to invent/do something no one ever did before or make something better than it was. Like that person who sold pet rocks. People went crazy buying them and he was almost an instant millionaire. And the maker of cabbage patch, Polly pockets, and bratz dolls. All have made successful lives for themselves. And one of the biggest money makers at the moment is the woman who wrote Harry Potter. She never dreamed that her first book would lead to where it has gone today.

Oh and thanks Chewie for you nice remarks.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4526 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2005, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I ,too,once beleived that having a *positive* attitude would gain more results. But one time my basketball coach said" Hey you can have all the positive atitude you want that you'll nail that basket.. fact is, its your skills that will decide".  So I really have a ruff time with the "keep the chin up" attitude when its skills and precision that will nail the basket (goal) so to speak.  I can relate Totally with the attitude of *couldnt I just hit one more number" to aide in the winning goal. So I dont begrudge someone airing their frustration of such. Personally I think a truthful person who tells it like it is and doesnt need to sugarcoat (patronize) is more appealing.  You'll always know where they are standing when its time to make the shot :) 

Okay enough basketball jabber...

Congrats Sirbrad on your ticket win!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2005, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Yea I agree with skills being conducent with overall success in life, but when it comes the lottery skill is a very questionable proposition. Especially since the majority of my wins, and others seem to be via QPs. Perhaps I/they knew exactly when to play those Qps however, maybe a skill in itself??? How many "skilled lottery players" here are actually millionaires because of their winnings? Is there even one powerball major jackpot winner here? Probably not.

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: November 4, 2005, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

The "Lucky for Life" game is probably my favorite game because I feel it's the most BEATABLE one out there.

Four times, I too, have had 4 of the 6 numbers.

We'll BOTH do it, SirBrad-- you, me and whoever else BELIEVES it and MAKES IT come real by studying the patterns and unique characteristics and playing sensibly, intelligibly, and also intuitively.

Sometimes you have to sit out a drawing, but sometimes not.

Remember what a man before my time said, Winston Churchill: Never ever ever ever ever EVER give up!

We can ride the limo together, dude.  Who's with me?

:-)

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2005, 6:55 am - IP Logged

The "Lucky for Life" game is probably my favorite game because I feel it's the most BEATABLE one out there.

Four times, I too, have had 4 of the 6 numbers.

We'll BOTH do it, SirBrad-- you, me and whoever else BELIEVES it and MAKES IT come real by studying the patterns and unique characteristics and playing sensibly, intelligibly, and also intuitively.

Sometimes you have to sit out a drawing, but sometimes not.

Remember what a man before my time said, Winston Churchill: Never ever ever ever ever EVER give up!

We can ride the limo together, dude.  Who's with me?

Amen to all of that! Especially, " The "Lucky for Life" game is probably my favorite game because I feel it's the most BEATABLE one out there."

"We'll BOTH do it, SirBrad-- you, me and whoever else BELIEVES it and MAKES IT come real by studying the patterns and unique characteristics and playing sensibly, intelligibly, and also intuitively."

You took the words right out of my mouth. Wow cool, I can't believe someone else out there actually tied my record of getting 4 balls 4 times. Guess 4 is the magic number! 4444 "four" tonight FOR sure! Cheers  Funny thing is I "sit out" quite a lot actually, and a lot more that I would like! Just can't afford all those two dollar tickets, plus powerball all the time, and other odd games. So for as much as I actually play, I think I am doing pretty good.

Would love to get at least 20 tickets a draw, but that is $40 for only 20 plays. I never get more than 5 tops, and usually only two! But I agree, I think the game is very beatable, and I will get lucky for life soon! I used to be able to pick just one game because LFL and PB both fell on the same days. But they just had to change so that people are now tempted to play 7 days a week. Damned the lottery officials! Let It All Out

United States
                          Member #119
                          February 19, 2002
                          527 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2005, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Hey Sirbrad, I use Gail's Chart #4 (almost) exclusively to pick my Lucky For Life numbers.  What do you use?

You know what, let me make a suggestion: instead of saying "tired of not being a millionaire" why not make it POSITIVE and ATTRACT POSITIVE energy by saying,

"Really looking forward to my monthly for life checks!"

Did you feel an energy shift when you read that?

Good!  Because the "tiredness" word/thought might impede or hinder you intuiting the numbers, but I might be wrong.

Don't perpetuate the "tiredness"; perpetuate the HOPE, dude!

Let's DO IT!  You with me?  Who else is with me?  :-)

Question: where should we stop for breakfast the morning we take our limo to Harrisburg to cash in?

PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2005, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Hey Sirbrad, I use Gail's Chart #4 (almost) exclusively to pick my Lucky For Life numbers.  What do you use?

You know what, let me make a suggestion: instead of saying "tired of not being a millionaire" why not make it POSITIVE and ATTRACT POSITIVE energy by saying,

"Really looking forward to my monthly for life checks!"

Did you feel an energy shift when you read that?

Good!  Because the "tiredness" word/thought might impede or hinder you intuiting the numbers, but I might be wrong.

Don't perpetuate the "tiredness"; perpetuate the HOPE, dude!

Let's DO IT!  You with me?  Who else is with me?  :-)

Question: where should we stop for breakfast the morning we take our limo to Harrisburg to cash in?

LOL! Yes actually I have changed my attitude a lot within the last few years, and it does help. Especially since reading a lot of books that explore tapping the hidden powers of the subconscious mind. I especially enjoyed "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind," as well as all the Norman Vincent Peale books. I listed in another thread some of my favorites I believe. Also love "Think and Grow Rich," and just got a cute little book called "It works."

So all these books do help as far as my once deeply engraved pessimistic mindset, that is a product of many past misfortunes. That signature is actually a quote from one of my favorite songs "If I had" by -Eminem. It kinda sums up the story of my life, at least financially. I am a huge Eminem, and rap fan, and have been since the early 80's. So it would be tough to let go of that quote lol!

But hey look where Eminem's negative attitude/ life expression through lyrics got him right? A multi-millionaire, and one of the most famous/best rappers/celebrities of all time. Although he can no longer use his former quote anymore, but it was his constant persistence, and negative approach that actually fueled his desire even more so.

So in a sense there are some contradictions there, even if not 'lottery' related. Then you have people like Jack W. who get even richer, and others even more incompetent who continue to get rich daily. So with all that goes on in the world, it sure is a challenge to keep that positive mindset! But don't worry, I will end on a positive note to prove I am dedicated to a more positive, lucrative, and overall prosperous future.Big Smile 

I look forward to sharing the limo with you on our way to the bank. I am sure Cashonly will be thrilled to hear that we won!LOL

Sparta, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #18331
                              July 9, 2005
                              1977 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

You think, maybe, the winners, are complaining about the annuity, or celebrating the win?  Golly, whatcha think Sarge!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice