Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Im done with Powerball...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Greg.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
United States
Member #1436
April 28, 2003
628 Posts
Posted: October 23, 2005, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Well until it gets super high again i'm back to my $4 a week budget, my fav set of #'s Powerplayed for Wed. & Sat.

md
    United States
    Member #14047
    April 20, 2005
    579 Posts
    Posted: October 23, 2005, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I use to play pick three and pick four, but I switched to just being a Powerball Player and Mega Million Player.  I live where it is easy to play both.  I don't play either until they are over $50,000,000.  What I have observed this year is, that one or the other PB or MM is usually up over $100,000,000 when the other is growing.  So the luxury for jackpot players like myself is there tends to always be a large pot to play for. 

I guess you could say jackpot players are the home run hitters.  But there are great single and double hitters who are batting champions.  I just prefer hitting for the fences.  But I'm in it to win it, as Todd says.  I wonder how you came to be the creator of lottery post - Todd!  I think there is a story behind the man behind LP!  Care to share?

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: October 23, 2005, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I used to smoke two-to-three packs of cigarettes a day. I quite a long before I started gambling on Powerball and Mega Million. Considering the price of cigarettes in NJ/NYC, I'm better off. The PB/MM pay off is better than smoking also!

If you can't afford it, don't spend it. If you have better use for it, then spend it there. But, if that is what you want to do, then have at it. I have yet to see any one dragged into the store selling tickets.

people can't afford it, but they're spending it anyway, is the point.  that's the other side of the dream.  it's reality.  however, if they're going to spend that kind of money, i like the idea that they should and can spend it on something that may give them more (if comparatively modest) return for buying into the dream in the first place.

so up with pick 3s and pick 4s.

Read other threads. There is a concensus, stupid people are going to do stupid things. In Arabia, they chop your hands off for theft. People keep stealing. Nothing will stop it. Don't worry about it. Do what you feel is best and let the rest do what they think is best. Remember, you don't know a thing about them, until you have walked in their shoes; then all you really know is that they have stinky feet.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: October 23, 2005, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

You think Powerball is bad? NY Lotto returns only 38%-40%.

United States
          Member #119
          February 19, 2002
          527 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2005, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm GLAD to hear you quit playing Power Rip-off.

I think money IS more efficiently spent on the lower number field games like Pick 3/4 and Pick 5&6.  Yes, you have to be in it to win, but I only get in it when the jackpot is ridiculously high.  Until then, I focus my energies and my money on games with a much greater likelihood of a win.