Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$40 Million Lotto 6/49 Canada

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sheba2's avatar - moon2
Newfoundland
Canada
Member #22545
September 27, 2005
46 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

I would love to get a couple of tickets for this jackpot.

If you had relatives in Canada you could get them to buy for you

Sheba....

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
    Newfoundland
    Canada
    Member #22545
    September 27, 2005
    46 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2005, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

SO what is they get nailed for taxes at least they will still have some winnings to spend!

That's right Sheba, who cares about taxes when the Pots get so big, eh? Same goes for Annuities vs Lump decisions, those are individual preferences anyway, but it's nice to know what the options are just in case ... that's why I posted the info. Now the trick is winning something in the first place!!

Good Luck on Wednesday!! See Ya!

Good Luck too You Too!

Sheba....

Canada
      Member #3630
      February 7, 2004
      8 Posts
      Posted: October 24, 2005, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

The best way to play big jackpots like the record $40 million is to get as many people in a lottery pool to maximize the chances while not spending too much money yourself. Is any Canadian here interested in merging our lottery pools, or helping organize a big online pool?

For example, while it would be silly to spend $168 on tickets yourself, a pool can buy one or more of the $168 9-number combinations/wheels.

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
        Newfoundland
        Canada
        Member #22545
        September 27, 2005
        46 Posts
        Posted: October 24, 2005, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

The best way to play big jackpots like the record $40 million is to get as many people in a lottery pool to maximize the chances while not spending too much money yourself. Is any Canadian here interested in merging our lottery pools, or helping organize a big online pool?

For example, while it would be silly to spend $168 on tickets yourself, a pool can buy one or more of the $168 9-number combinations/wheels.

trouble is that no one can trust anyone these days...

Money does funny things to people...

Sheba....

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: October 24, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

trouble is that no one can trust anyone these days...

Money does funny things to people...

Exactly. I have a friend in Canada. However, not a forty million dollar friend! Humm, maybe just an acquaintance.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
            Member #2673
            November 2, 2003
            497 Posts
            Posted: October 24, 2005, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Email me if you want tickets. I have an easy way you can pay online with no fee.

Good luck,
            Jake

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
              Newfoundland
              Canada
              Member #22545
              September 27, 2005
              46 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2005, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Here is a link I found to play Canadian Lotto Online...

Anyone who wished it please PM me...

Not sure if I am allowed to post it here...

Sheba....

Sheba2's avatar - moon2
                Newfoundland
                Canada
                Member #22545
                September 27, 2005
                46 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2005, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I like your Homepage!

Sheba....

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5146 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2005, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

We get it all in 1 lump sum. Which is nice. 40 Million is allot of Money and If I won, I think I would add my family names to the tickets as well.. I have 3 Sisters and 1 Brother plus my Parents..And also My Husband has 3 Brothers and 2 Sisters and his Mom. Plus my daughter... Total would be 14 People ....Count Me and Hubby separate..

40 Million devide that by 14 people = 2.85 Million each.. Just enough not to be bothered by too many people looking for things...

Recently, in Pennsylvania, a guy won a lot less then $3M, after they gave his name out, people lined up for miles for a shot at begging and pleading - most of them had a child there to increase the emotional impact. Parked a few blocks away were hundreds of shiney RV's; so they could drive the next winners house.

Sheba2:

Asume.......you may live in Newfoundland?????????????

My first ancestor......"Sachmo Psykomo".......showed-up there in the early

1800's but, could not find any lotteriessssss so Uncle Sachmo moved to

Maine.......and on down the eastern seaboard in search of Quick-Pickssss.

Does the 6/49 offer..............QP'sssssss.........if so, that may be a system!

LOL

PSYKOM