Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Math involving the number on the ball

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does the numeric value printed on the ball factor into your analysis/forcasting system?

Yes. [ 9 ]  [29.03%]
No. [ 15 ]  [48.39%]
Sometimes. [ 2 ]  [6.45%]
What system? [ 5 ]  [16.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 31 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
jonathan's avatar - decks
Rainy Maine
United States
Member #24633
October 25, 2005
14 Posts
Posted: October 26, 2005, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Hello! I'm fairly new to lottery playing (and to Lottopost.com) and I've been examining the various strategies that people use from various sites on the Internet. I'm curious how many people here use analysis/forcasting systems that involve calculations based on the number printed on the ball (or virtual ball for those in computerized realms). I have seen some strategies that involve taking a sum of the numbers drawn, and others that work with 'deltas' taking the difference between each number in a draw, or from draw to draw. Personally I think the number printed on the ball is just an arbitrary identifier; they could just as easily have names like 'Larry' or 'Jill' as the '14' or '42' they curently bear.

Also I'm wondering of people in areas where the draws are produced from one of several drawing machines, if they take that into consideration when doing analysis. That is, do you treat the ball labeled '1' on machine 'A' the same as the ball '1' on machine 'B'?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4053 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical I vote no!

takeemtothebank

orangeburg
      United States
      Member #23546
      October 13, 2005
      1 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2005, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical I vote no!

hi, tenaj

i"m interesting in find out how does the lottery bible works. I"m from S.C and i"m always one off. or when i stop playing the number it comes out.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: October 27, 2005, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

I only play the powerball... they use an actively rotating group of four machines for the white balls (including 4 sets of balls) and four machines for the powerball # (4 sets of powerballs too). they provide this info on their website but it's too late to be of any use, they also post their pre and post draws (2-3 draws to test the equipment beforehand and 2-3 afterwards to make sure tampering did not take place).

I believe that numbers are just an arbitrary identifier, but they are the only identifier so don't be too wary of using them... just not as numbers that can be manipulated with math.

I tried deltas, results are just as random... as are even/odd, high/low, decades(kinda like v-tracs for groups of 53 and 42 numbers, respectively)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
          Magnolia, Delaware
          United States
          Member #18795
          July 20, 2005
          789 Posts
          Posted: October 27, 2005, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Powerball has test draws and yes they are posted on their website! But in the scope of things being said here, I'm afraid hypersoniq is incorrect. Powerball does 4 test draws and then the actual (Money) draw occurs, I think that would make it the 5th draw! Then there is one more draw (post draw as it's called) and that makes 6 drawings in total that have occurred!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
            The Quantum Master
            West Concord, MN
            United States
            Member #21
            December 7, 2001
            3675 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2005, 4:05 am - IP Logged

It would seem that the numeric value printed on the ball determines if I am a jackpot winner or not... so, i guess it would factor in.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
            Wisdom is Not Censored
            Douglas Paul Smallish
            Jehocifer

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
              Member #17834
              June 28, 2005
              2083 Posts
              Posted: October 28, 2005, 6:01 am - IP Logged

Ok if there is no numeric vaule on the ball then ......it wouldn't be the lotto with #'s.

U have to have a # there. I can't say this is the only factor I use but, with out a vaule on the ball then u don't have anything analysis/forcasting system. 

If there was another object on the ball other then a # then how would this be lotto?

I don't think there is enough fruit out there or what ever u want to use to replace #'s

Good luck to everyone!!!

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
                Member #17834
                June 28, 2005
                2083 Posts
                Posted: October 28, 2005, 6:09 am - IP Logged

BaristaExpress,

I found your post very interesting about powerball. Is this still the same for the new matrix? The ball sets had to change unless they just got some extra balls to make up the 3 # differenece (53,54,55) from the old matrix.

I'm wondering does any one think that if they rotate the machines and balls if there is a way to watch the PB on TV and tell the differences between the machines. Everything has a difference in appearance. I'm thinking maybe there is a way to figure this out.

I also did something the other week just to see what I would see. I watch the powerball drawing from the big one that hit the other week online and played it in slow motion. You can get a better feeling of how the balls tumble if you watch it slowly. The elevator that picks up the ball seems to bother me. Any one else? What happen to the old throw the balls around in the machine no elevator just a vacum to suck the ball up for the winning #. I also noticed when the balls tumble they stop and then the elevator picks up one. Well is this ramdom any more then? The balls are not moving so what if the bigger #'s stay mainly on the outer side when they settle then you wouldn't get much high #'s or visa versa. We have had a lot of high #'s like 50 multiple times. So is this ramdom or is it a act of the machine/s.

I still say anything that a human makes is breakable!! RNG is not really RNG if a human made it. Anything a human creates I would believe is breakable right???

Any idea's/suggestions would be great!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Greenwich, CT
                  United States
                  Member #4793
                  May 24, 2004
                  1822 Posts
                  Posted: October 28, 2005, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Does numeric value matter?  Yes and no.

I like Jadelottery's response, that the numbers are what make you a jackpot winner!

I don't value one number over another...in the long run, they should all behave exactly the same.  Unless, or course, the machine or RNG favors one number over another.

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                    The Quantum Master
                    West Concord, MN
                    United States
                    Member #21
                    December 7, 2001
                    3675 Posts
                    Posted: October 28, 2005, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

I've been think about this a bit. We appear to be putting the emphasis on the balls. However, the balls are just a randomizing transport device. I suppose the states could have painted the numbers on Jello squares, but decided that would be ineffective and messy.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                    Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                    Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                    Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                    Wisdom is Not Censored
                    Douglas Paul Smallish
                    Jehocifer

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19815 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2005, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Ohio have had loser lotteries where the players sent in losing tickets with their names on them and I don't think the results were as random as using numbers.  One time the postal workers were putting their envelopes of tickets in the the mail bags last and they were the first to be pulled out.  Had not so many postal workers from their local post office won, the State would have never caught on.

If you want to cover all the combinations in a wheel, you got to deal with numbers.  If you don't want to play certain combinations, you got to deal with numbers.  Unless you're playing QPs, you got to deal with numbers and if you check your QPs for winners and you don't have the right numbers then you lose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

paurths's avatar - underground
                        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                        Belgium
                        Member #19287
                        July 29, 2005
                        2254 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2005, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

The numbers, or "numeric value printed on the ball", or just about the only thing you got.
                        Converting them to "delta#", or "VTracks", or anything else does not mean you're not dealing with the numbers anymore, b/c you still are.

OddEven, Decades, Sums, Sumdifferences, Positiontracking, calculating medians, repeaters, consecutive numbers, consecutive with gap of one for odd or even, reversed, shortsums (ldr), root, sumdigits, straightdifference, boxeddifference, 1stepair-gap since last time it fell (second and third is also counted), ldr-root-sumdigits of all 3 pairs (for pick3), etc. etc.

It's all about the numbers.
                        Not b/c it's the way, but b/c its the only way to identify them balls...

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2005, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

my bad... it is 4 pre +live draw+1 post. bad memory. I have not used that data at all since updates arrive too late to make use of.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                            Magnolia, Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #18795
                            July 20, 2005
                            789 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

I found your post very interesting about powerball. Is this still the same for the new matrix? The ball sets had to change unless they just got some extra balls to make up the 3 # differenece (53,54,55) from the old matrix. I would hope they changed out all of the balls and not just added the new balls (numbers) in with the older ones! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: October 30, 2005, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

new matrix ball sets and machine data...

white ball machines = 5,6,7 & 8
                              white ball sets = 25,26,27 & 28
                              Red Ball machines = 5,6,7 & 8
                              Red Ball sets = 9,10 & 11

if anyone tracked this on the old matrix, what were the machines and ballsets used for the following 2 draws?

8/24/2005
                              8/27/2005

I don't have a use for them at the moment but I just hate looking at an unfinished spreadsheet. :-)