Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Math involving the number on the ball

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Does the numeric value printed on the ball factor into your analysis/forcasting system?

Yes. [ 9 ]  [29.03%]
No. [ 15 ]  [48.39%]
Sometimes. [ 2 ]  [6.45%]
What system? [ 5 ]  [16.13%]
Total Valid Votes [ 31 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
Greenwich, CT
United States
Member #4793
May 24, 2004
1822 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2005, 10:11 am - IP Logged

I only play the powerball... they use an actively rotating group of four machines for the white balls (including 4 sets of balls) and four machines for the powerball # (4 sets of powerballs too). they provide this info on their website but it's too late to be of any use, they also post their pre and post draws (2-3 draws to test the equipment beforehand and 2-3 afterwards to make sure tampering did not take place).

I believe that numbers are just an arbitrary identifier, but they are the only identifier so don't be too wary of using them... just not as numbers that can be manipulated with math.

I tried deltas, results are just as random... as are even/odd, high/low, decades(kinda like v-tracs for groups of 53 and 42 numbers, respectively)

Yes, the results with deltas, even/odd, high/low etc. are random, which is great.  Randomness is fractal.  Similar patterns occur within each of these filters and can also be identified when looking at the numbers drawn.

jonathan's avatar - decks
    Rainy Maine
    United States
    Member #24633
    October 25, 2005
    14 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Randomness is fractal.

I think you are confusing mathematically deterministic chaos and randomness. Wink

Greenwich, CT
      United States
      Member #4793
      May 24, 2004
      1822 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2005, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Randomness is fractal.

I think you are confusing mathematically deterministic chaos and randomness. Wink

Not confusing them at all.  Of course randomness and MDC are different ideas.  I am not saying that one drawing affects any other draw...but the patterns that come out of lottery draws are fractal.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8395 Posts
        Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:18 am - IP Logged
        Ball drawings are a random event. Each ball has a chance at being drawn. Each ball that is drawn just happened to be at the machines opening/orifice when it was drawn.

RNG's are a different story. Any chipset in an RNG drawing can be manipulated to draw whatever sequence of numbers that it was programed to. Which is one reason I don't like RNG drawings.
        An example of a manipulated RNG is KENO where say you bet 10 numbers and a couple thousand other people bet there numbers the RNG pays out a percentage of the take in. In other words it (the RNG chipset) can select the numbers to be drawn by deselecting numbers that have been bet. Thereby reducing your chances at winning.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5145 Posts
          Posted: November 6, 2005, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Vote...ted "YES" on this ???????????????????????????. when I was using commercial software........I used the data from (all draws, it was req.'d)...

each jackpot.............GAME as provided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good question, because maby we all have not tapped into the way to win

or what to do thing?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Now spend, less time and more money in the present tense.....................

but, in the past, ......the numetic value factored into my ANALYSIS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO