Welcome Guest
You last visited June 29, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quickpick or QuickRIP?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2005, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

That is after they find them in their car 2 weeks later while cleaning it out, and finally decide to check them "just in case."

SirBrad, I had to chuckle when I read your comment. Once a Lotto winner in FL found a ticket in her sewing basket before it expired. What about all the money that doesn't get claimed? Once $22 million went unclaimed (you have 180 days here) and the lottery commission decided not to put the money back into the jackpot, which is usually the procedure according to the rules of the game.  I'd have to look it up, but I think they supposedly used it to buy school equipment or for scholarships...who really knows? I just can't imagine buying a lottery ticket and then forgetting about it. That's why so many companies now use rebates instead of actual discounts. They're hoping a percentage of the customers will screw up the forms, lose the receipt or it will "get lost" in the mail.  This isn't a "rebate board"so I won't get into it, but I finally got my money from July (for this laptop) after several letters and faxes - good thing I used registered mail the first time.  Anyway, even the smaller winnings (like $150,000) that expire make me shake my head. That's a lot of money.

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

QP's  vs.  Personal Selection

Speaking for Texas Lottery.......which still has ball drawings.

The QP's from the Lottery machines at retail stores are "online computer" generated.  So, therefore there is no connection with the final drawing results, since the final drawing is NOT computerized.

Someone wrote above about only a certain amount of numbers being generated and yes, that is true.  Happened in Texas this year, I think.  Something went wrong and they actually shut down the online machines and no one could purchase tickets for a while because the computers were spitting out unusal numbers.  Go figure.

In NJ the machines generate the number, but have to be connected to a hub, to validate the machines legality.  If a machine is stolen, the numbers are not generated correctly.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2005, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

That is after they find them in their car 2 weeks later while cleaning it out, and finally decide to check them "just in case."

SirBrad, I had to chuckle when I read your comment. Once a Lotto winner in FL found a ticket in her sewing basket before it expired. What about all the money that doesn't get claimed? Once $22 million went unclaimed (you have 180 days here) and the lottery commission decided not to put the money back into the jackpot, which is usually the procedure according to the rules of the game.  I'd have to look it up, but I think they supposedly used it to buy school equipment or for scholarships...who really knows? I just can't imagine buying a lottery ticket and then forgetting about it. That's why so many companies now use rebates instead of actual discounts. They're hoping a percentage of the customers will screw up the forms, lose the receipt or it will "get lost" in the mail.  This isn't a "rebate board"so I won't get into it, but I finally got my money from July (for this laptop) after several letters and faxes - good thing I used registered mail the first time.  Anyway, even the smaller winnings (like $150,000) that expire make me shake my head. That's a lot of money.

In NJ, the law specifically states it goes back to the lottery board to promote the lottery.  The state can only get it if they write another law.

Cheers

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        530 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2005, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

"NO ONE CARES.  Its like publishing the numbers on the distance to Mars if travelled on week-ends, by both Chinese and Russians.  NO ONE CARES."

Hey, I don't disagree.  But what I DO care about is misleading information such about "quickpicks", that's all.  It's not fair nor right for state lotteries to make people think there BEST bet to win is through a quickpick, that's all.

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2005, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

"In NJ, the law specifically states it goes back to the lottery board to promote the lottery. The state can only get it if they write another law."

Chewie,  when I wrote "what about the unclaimed.." I was referring to all the people who buy tickets and then don't claim the money.  In FL it also goes back to the lottery, I think into the pool. (I'd have to look at their FAQs) but that $22 mil was such an unusually high amount that they took a vote on its disposition.  I can't remember when it was, but I remember thinking about a $22 million dollar ticket in somebody's back pocket that probably got put in the laundry. - Nancy

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2005, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I was refering to the same thing - unclaimed money goes to the lottery group, not the payouts.  If course, if $22M pops up, I am sure the legislature would be all over it.  I have no idea of how they would handle a MM unclaimed win here in NJ.  I am sure they would find some way to pocket it. "It would keep the Child Warefare functioning," or some lame excuse.

Cheers

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5220 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2005, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

NY King Kong Millions is quick-pick only. I'll only play $2.

If that's true, they got a way to bait suckers.

PLEASE'dddddddddddddd 

tooooooooooooooooooo know NY discovered quick-picks before anyone

else on  LP .....................DID!!!!!!!!!!

Starting 7/4/05, I choose to play quick-picks only for six-months "TOTAL"

just for fun & saving a lot of TIME!!!!

Thus far, can't complain or boast any big wins, but who is to say those

millions will wash my weyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy$OON?????????????

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
                Member #1759
                June 29, 2003
                1156 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2005, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Yes I have stated the same fact here myself many times that the only reason there are "MORE" Jackpot Winners from quick-picks is obviously because more players use Quick-Picks.That's it nothing more it doesn't necessarily mean Quick-Picks are a "Better" choice because if the majority of players were using systems,software or self-picks then that would account for most Jackpots 'Won".

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2005, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I was refering to the same thing - unclaimed money goes to the lottery group, not the payouts.  If course, if $22M pops up, I am sure the legislature would be all over it.  I have no idea of how they would handle a MM unclaimed win here in NJ.  I am sure they would find some way to pocket it. "It would keep the Child Warefare functioning," or some lame excuse.

It would have been nice to invest the money back into the community after all the hurricanes last year.  I think that $22M was a couple of years ago.  Phrases like "unclaimed jackpot" sound almost like an oxymoron to me.  So strange .. the only logical explanation is that someone died, but maybe it's still sitting in a glove box.

Just want to add: Guess I can't complain about all the winning tickets in Miami. Just checked and the $2M Mega Money and $9M Lotto jackpots this week were both won here in Lee County. 

United States
                    Member #16612
                    June 2, 2005
                    3493 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2005, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I think they shouldn't include QP winners. Only the total numbers in each level.