Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Excel FYI

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 11 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
BOSTON
United States
Member #48
September 9, 2001
3594 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2005, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

hyper i downloaded from your link. my question is I noticed the chart was for a lotto game correct. I was looking for a pick 3/4 chart.Did i download the wrong one? thanks

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #1340
    April 6, 2003
    2450 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2005, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

that was a demo (lotto specific) for dynamic named ranges.

I have sheets (parts of which were just developed hours ago) for the PA pick3(eve only) and PA pick4(eve only). but they are for a specific system still in development (more on that in my blog). These are not ready for distribution yet (LOOOONG recalculation time when adding a draw, and NOT as easy as the v-trac sheets to customize for different states)

I ran a test with the pick3 in pa tonight and caught the back pair in 8 combos, since the idea is to generate strings of 8, just like v-trac strings (binary).

here's the results

my picks...

draw results tonight = 9-7-9. Had I not been paper-playing it would have been an $8 loss (on $1 straight bets-it is a straight-shooter only system) but I was right on the 7 and last 9... given that it is a positional system, that's not bad, but I need to see if it can hang in there for a few draws.... then I might release it for "open source" development. It's just too cumbersome and incomplete to share and explain at the moment.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
      BOSTON
      United States
      Member #48
      September 9, 2001
      3594 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

will look forward to you releasing it. need something positive for Mass. pic 3/4

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2005, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

right now I am getting some ideas for the MASSIVE backtesting sheet that will be required. Also,using conditional formatting and a function called LARGE to show the top 2 numbers to play.

works like this

=LARGE((D1:K1),1)    'this returns the same as MAX in a range (Largest Number)

=LARGE((D1:K1),2)    'this returns the NEXT largest number in the range

so putting formula 1 in M1 and formula 2 in N1, then creating a conditional format on the entire value array D1:Kwhatever... Spotting the top 2 is not only easier, but automatically updated... so far the only thing required to do manually is update the next draw.

all named ranges expand automatically, all arrays update during the recalc.

even if the system doesn't survive backtesting, I think it will make a good reference sheet to see how all of these formulas can be used together.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.