Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You just won $310,000,000!!

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What would you indulge most in?

Luxury Homes/Real Estate [ 18 ]  [22.78%]
World Travel [ 11 ]  [13.92%]
Cars/Boats/Toys, etc. [ 4 ]  [5.06%]
Beautiful Women [ 6 ]  [7.59%]
Handsome Men [ 1 ]  [1.27%]
Gambling [ 1 ]  [1.27%]
All of The Above! [ 12 ]  [15.19%]
Nothing Changes, honest!! [ 7 ]  [8.86%]
Don't Know yet. [ 16 ]  [20.25%]
Don't care, just wanna see the results. [ 3 ]  [3.80%]
Total Valid Votes [ 79 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Thoth's avatar - binary
Findlay, Ohio
United States
Member #4855
May 28, 2004
400 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2005, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

$310,000,000.......Hmm.

Someone has to take Hugh Hefners place, may as well be me!

Be careful how you phrase your wish.  You could be a 95 year old man, surrounded by hundreds of beautiful women, and all you can do is smile through your false teeth.

LOL, yea good call chewie......that would be torture!

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

$310,000,000.......Hmm.

Be careful how you phrase your wish.  You could be a 95 year old man, surrounded by hundreds of beautiful women, and all you can do is smile through your false teeth.

I always remember the show, Outer Limits.  A guy could have one wish.  He wished for world peace.  Wammo bammo gazam.  He was the only person on earth.  Seems, there will never be peace as long as there are two people; one will always try out do the other.  Kind of like Cain & Able story.

Its not what you wish for, its how you wish for it.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Orange County
      United States
      Member #21658
      September 12, 2005
      31 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2005, 4:01 pm - IP Logged
      Well, I wish that if I don't win it this time, it rolls over for Friday!!!  Big Smile

Luck be a lady tonight!

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2005, 4:04 pm - IP Logged
        Well, I wish that if I don't win it this time, it rolls over for Friday!!! Big Smile

No more rollovers. I've wasted enough money on this string.  Let me have the money, and ya'll can start again for the record.

I want a news conference!

Cheers

Orange County
          United States
          Member #21658
          September 12, 2005
          31 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2005, 4:11 pm - IP Logged
          I've wasted a total of $4 dollars since it was won last time!!! It's all a matter of timing. All you need is one dollar to win!!!Party

Luck be a lady tonight!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2005, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

$310,000,000.......Hmm.

You are so cruel, Chewie. :)  There's always those little blue pills. Do you remember George Burns? He was madly in love with his wife, Gracie Allen, but after she died he surrounded himself with young, beautiful women.  Tony Randall had a baby (well his wife did) in his 80s. Why? They were rich and famous! Look at Katherine Zeta-Jones. At least Michael Douglas is fairly good-looking for his age. I saw Larry King on tv with his bride and I'm guessing she's in her 30s. Money, money, money, money!!  I'll tell you one thing, if I found out tomorrow I had to spend the rest of my life in bed or in a wheelchair, I'd hope I'd win the lottery. As I've said before, there's no substitute for good health, loyal friends and true love. Most people would trade in a life insurance check to get a loved one back. But if you're poor you end up in a smelly nursing home with drool running down your face. So stop saying only young people should win!! Smash

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2005, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I never said only young people should win.  I talked about that guy being better off having some one else claim the money.  Having around 50-60 millions dollars and leaving 50% to death tax makes no sense at all.  That family could have made documented efforts to take care of grandpa; which would have kept him out of a smelly home.  Then the money would have went to better use.  Thirty Million dollar throw away is the game he played.

Cheers

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2005, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I never said only young people should win.  I talked about that guy being better off having some one else claim the money.  Having around 50-60 millions dollars and leaving 50% to death tax makes no sense at all.  That family could have made documented efforts to take care of grandpa; which would have kept him out of a smelly home.  Then the money would have went to better use.  Thirty Million dollar throw away is the game he played.

I agree. (Don't know how my last post was double spaced. Sorry everyone.) Chewie, I was only replying to your comment about the old guy surrounded by beautiful women who can't do anything. I was kidding around, which is why I used the emoticon.  However, you do throw out some pretty harsh comments, hopefully tongue-in-cheek, about old people.

Totally agree about being responsible with the money. They always say "Play Responsibly" which is the motto, at least in FL. They should also say "Collect Responsibly."  I was thinking of you when I remembered a news release on the FL web site. Don't know why it's not there any more, but they are still working on the new site. Anyway, an 86 yr old man in Cape Coral won $14 million. He took the cash option and said he was going to give some money to his daughter and donate to his church. The first thing I thought about when I first read it was how stupid this guy is, although his intentions are good. 

By the way, someone here asked about privacy if you claim the lottery as a trust. One of the October press releases announced that "The Wealth Management Group of Atlanta" won $17 million, but still said, ".... E. Lee Hall, Jr., of Atlanta, is the sole member of the company. Hall chose the one-time lump sum payment option for his winnings, in the amount of $10,100,153.20. "  So I don't think there's any way around getting your name in the paper. Don't know for sure about the other states.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

However, you do throw out some pretty harsh comments, hopefully tongue-in-cheek, about old people.

You have to take what I say about "old people" in context to the thread.  Most evolved around equality to younger people, and I beleive there is no comparison.  Old people can't compete with the younger crowd.  (There is always the 10% rule - where 10% doesn't follow the rule.)  The same, in part, applies to all aspects of life. 

Life in this country is special.  Go to Ghana, Ethiopia, or the Congo.  Forty-five is exceptional; usually you are long dead before that age.  Americans, especially those who have always had a good life, ignore other the parts of the world.  There are no old folks homes, wheel chairs, or Social Security.  There is only death.  If you aren't rich, there is no tomorrow, there is only today.  There is no morality when you have to prostitute to a compund full of lower level soldiers to feed your child.  There is no God available when one of those soldiers decides to slaughter every one in your village.  There is nothing.  The only ones who have a chance to survive are the young, never the old.

Sure I respect old.  I am old!  But I also recognize that some one 20 years old can have more fun with $185 million than I can.  I am also old enough to know how to distribute multi-millions to other people in my family.  I also hope to be mature enough to know, that when I need help getting onto, or up from a chair, I can designate some one else to claim that multi-million dollar prize and not throw it away to a death tax.  Keeping it would make me a foolish and selfish old man, and I hope my days would be few.

Cheers

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2005, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I agree. (Don't know how my last post was double spaced. Sorry everyone.) Chewie, I was only replying to your comment about the old guy surrounded by beautiful women who can't do anything. I was kidding around, which is why I used the emoticon.  However, you do throw out some pretty harsh comments, hopefully tongue-in-cheek, about old people.

Totally agree about being responsible with the money. They always say "Play Responsibly" which is the motto, at least in FL. They should also say "Collect Responsibly."  I was thinking of you when I remembered a news release on the FL web site. Don't know why it's not there any more, but they are still working on the new site. Anyway, an 86 yr old man in Cape Coral won $14 million. He took the cash option and said he was going to give some money to his daughter and donate to his church. The first thing I thought about when I first read it was how stupid this guy is, although his intentions are good. 

By the way, someone here asked about privacy if you claim the lottery as a trust. One of the October press releases announced that "The Wealth Management Group of Atlanta" won $17 million, but still said, ".... E. Lee Hall, Jr., of Atlanta, is the sole member of the company. Hall chose the one-time lump sum payment option for his winnings, in the amount of $10,100,153.20. "  So I don't think there's any way around getting your name in the paper. Don't know for sure about the other states.

I prefer seeing an "older" winner to a "younger" winner because the older a lottery winner is, the less likely it is they will choose/have chosen annuity.

United States
                      Member #25881
                      November 12, 2005
                      62 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2005, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for telling me that I am the winner!

Cool  I would SO NOT "stay the same"!    Hyper

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                        Florence, Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #8658
                        November 13, 2004
                        1993 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2005, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

If I won I'de get a luxury home...............yeah that's the ticket................

I'de get me a two story double wide and put some 26" spinning wheels on it. Who needs MTV's Pimp My Ride.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: November 16, 2005, 5:57 am - IP Logged

I would definitely spend some $$$ and get some engineering degrees (mechanical, electronic, aeronautical and software engineering to start).

Then I would build a lab/prototype machine shop... scoop up a handful of "downsized" older engineers and work on projects that I would rather be remembered for than just being known as the "jackpot winner"...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Orange County
                            United States
                            Member #21658
                            September 12, 2005
                            31 Posts
                            Posted: November 16, 2005, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I would definitely spend some $$$ and get some engineering degrees (mechanical, electronic, aeronautical and software engineering to start).

Then I would build a lab/prototype machine shop... scoop up a handful of "downsized" older engineers and work on projects that I would rather be remembered for than just being known as the "jackpot winner"...

How noble, or should I say Nobel?  Anyway.... I would probably waste it all on good women and cheap booze, or cheap women and good booze, so I guess there's a greater power out there that deemed me unfit for this jackpot.  Maybe I should start another poll and title it: "You DIDN'T just win 310,000,000!!!" for all of us out there who weren't so lucky....Big Smile

Luck be a lady tonight!

Portland
                              United States
                              Member #7262
                              September 27, 2004
                              111 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2005, 11:42 am - IP Logged

We are almost losers ...you are not alone!!

P.S. I don't know why I can't be able to use emotional icons any more. Who can help me ?