Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

California MM has multiple winners

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 11 years ago by libra926.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Greenwich, CT
United States
Member #4793
May 24, 2004
1822 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2005, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Some of them will be Kaiser Non-Permanente real soon.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations to the 7 people in hospital in Garden Grove, CA for getting the winning ticket in $315+ million that they bought in Anaheim. I also find out that Garden Grove, CA is one of the cities my grandmother and I visit once in a while. I'm glad they took cash.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: November 17, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations to the 7 people in hospital in Garden Grove, CA for getting the winning ticket in $315+ million that they bought in Anaheim. I also find out that Garden Grove, CA is one of the cities my grandmother and I visit once in a while. I'm glad they took cash.

Where did it say they took cash? CA no longer requires players to choose cash or annuity when they PLAY.

Orange County
        United States
        Member #21658
        September 12, 2005
        31 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2005, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Where did it say they took cash? CA no longer requires players to choose cash or annuity when they PLAY.

They have 60 days to state whether they want the annuity or the cash value, but from the news reports... it seems that all or most of the winners decided on taking the cash option. 

Luck be a lady tonight!

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
          Member #567
          August 14, 2002
          482 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey

Does anyone know if the group played quick pick or their own numbers?  How much money did they spend?  And most importantly, what are they going to do after winning?

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

United States
            Member #24439
            October 22, 2005
            638 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2005, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Only quick picks produces such ugly combination, but I don't know.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2005, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Yea but most of the time the ball draws seem to be just as ugly! I guess randomness shows no beauty.

NightTrain1234's avatar - 8ball
                a Powerball AND MegaMillions state!
                United States
                Member #24190
                October 20, 2005
                78 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2005, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Just heard on the news that a group of 7 employees (lab technicians) at Kaiser Permamente Hospital in Garden Grove, CA won the huge $315 million dollar jackpot.  Glad to know that the wealth will be shared this time.  Each winner will get an estimated 20 million, according to KCAL 9 news in Los Angeles.  Congrats to them!

Allegedly won.  No real confirmation yet from a lottery official.

Bethesda, Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #16901
                  June 6, 2005
                  446 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2005, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Glad to know that the wealth will be shared this time. 

So you were unhappy when only one person won?  You'll cry your heart when I win!

PatriotNovember....18th

Hey Chewie:......LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....isn't it so.........

Orange County
                    United States
                    Member #21658
                    September 12, 2005
                    31 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2005, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Just heard on the news that a group of 7 employees (lab technicians) at Kaiser Permamente Hospital in Garden Grove, CA won the huge $315 million dollar jackpot.  Glad to know that the wealth will be shared this time.  Each winner will get an estimated 20 million, according to KCAL 9 news in Los Angeles.  Congrats to them!

Yeah, and now there's an eighth person who says that the one day they called in sick, was the day the jackpot was hit.  Apparently, this person wants their fair share.... Crazy

Luck be a lady tonight!

Bethesda, Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #16901
                      June 6, 2005
                      446 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2005, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, and now there's an eighth person who says that the one day they called in sick, was the day the jackpot was hit.  Apparently, this person wants their fair share.... Crazy

TurkeyHAPPY SATURDAY....."SOON".......11/19

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????...I hadn't heard about a third person, making any claims....where did you read or hear about that......???????????if you read it, please email me the website....Now that would really be something........LOLOLOLOLOL