Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The most QP's you have ever played?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is the most QP's/own numbers you have ever played?

5 or less [ 14 ]  [31.82%]
10-20 [ 9 ]  [20.45%]
20-30 [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
30-40 [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
60-100 [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
100 or more [ 12 ]  [27.27%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:15 am - IP Logged

What is the most you have ever played? Also if you get say 40 or more, do you get all of them on one big long ticket, or multiple tickets with fewer lines on each ticket? I am wondering if there is any difference whether or not you get them all on one ticket, or multiple tickets. By difference I mean numbers that seem to appear better, or more probably to occur during a drawing. Do you ever buy multiple tickets at several different stores, or do you just get them all one ticket, or several from one store?

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:40 am - IP Logged

Tried several different ways bought them in single, multiples, groups, pools, different places, places that sold winners in the past, places that sell the most tickets according to their locations. Bought them in dives (small beer joints) grocery stores. Just about anywhere I might be at the time I decide to buy tickets.

I learned from this that buying at different locations, single tickets, generated the best overall random numbers. That is to say if you buy say 5 tickets from the same place either singles or all on one ticket you seem to get similar or like numbers. But buying separate tickets at different locations had the better spread of numbers and not to many repeat numbers.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Being I live in a small town, there is not a ton of stores around locally that all sell tickets. So I thought about narrowing it down to about 5 of them, and playing 5-10 from each. Then see just how much of a spread there is, then try one larger ticket later on. Are QP terminal based, or based from only one big server? I would hope terminal.

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
        Darlington, S.C.
        United States
        Member #3691
        February 12, 2004
        133 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I was working in Georgia one day about ten years ago and on a whim bought $120 worth of pick quicks on a game called Lotto Georgia. They came five lines per ticket with 24 total tickets.

I don't remember what the total jackpot was, but it was on up there.

I think the odds were around 1/37 of hitting 3 numbers per line for a $3 or $4 dollar win. I didn't win a nickle. Zero wins out 120 chances.

Bummer.

Crying

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

I think the most QP's I bought at once was 10 Powerballs. I really try not to do QP's that often because I like choosing my own numbers.

Dance like no one is watching.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2005, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

i personally chose my own numbers.every blue moon when the powerball jackpot is high i might get a couple quick picks in some small towns outside memphis.....didn't work though,lol

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Most of the time, our family buys $5 or less with our own picks and/or quick picks. One time, we bought $30 with WBs as our quick picks but catching each Mega Number at least once.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2005, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

It's faster, but I don't like getting tickets with more than one set of numbers. Just a personal habit I guess. I usually add 2 or 3 QPs a week to my regular Lotto numbers, but it really depends on my financial situation. There have been rare times when I've purchased $10 or $20 in QPs for one game. In those cases I'll get $5 on each so the clerk and the other people in line won't give me dirty looks!  In a moment of weakness, or should I say several, I once spent $50 going to 5 different stores on different days in different towns and didn't even get 3 numbers for a free ticket. When it's your time, it's your time.

By the way, I was really surprised at the above percentages.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8790 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2005, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I play the S.C. cash 5. When I play I buy one ticket one line which is usually around 10 plays.
                  I do this as I pick and wheel my numbers. In the wheel I will have multiple lines that could have the possibility of 4 of 5 . 4 of 5 pays 300.00. If i go more that one line on a ticket and have a winner of 4 of 5 I would need to claim at a redemption center as the payout is over 500.00 with more than one win on a ticket.

MAGA

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                    Magnolia, Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #18795
                    July 20, 2005
                    789 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2005, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I like picking my own numbers, but on a whim I'll buy one QP! I just don't like the numbers that the machine gives me is all. I do think I pick a better group of numbers (more diverse). And even at that the most I have won from my own picks is $100 bucks! Darn it I lied, $300 in total in one game. I had 3 tickets worth 100 each. Because I wheeled the best pick of numbers I hoped would payoff the best (with a jackpot) and to some degree it did work for $300 dollars! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: November 24, 2005, 3:28 am - IP Logged

I play the S.C. cash 5. When I play I buy one ticket one line which is usually around 10 plays.
                      I do this as I pick and wheel my numbers. In the wheel I will have multiple lines that could have the possibility of 4 of 5 . 4 of 5 pays 300.00. If i go more that one line on a ticket and have a winner of 4 of 5 I would need to claim at a redemption center as the payout is over 500.00 with more than one win on a ticket.

I think you answered a question I was going to ask.  Here if you win $599 (think that's a federal rule) you cannot claim your ticket at a local retailer since a form must be completed for tax purposes.  I recently read that in FL you can ask them not to deduct taxes on prizes under $5,000 but you still will receive a 1099 in Jan.

I mentioned I have a habit of always asking for separate tickets. My reason is the slim chance I'll win on more than one (even one would be nice!) and the total payout will exceed $599. Is the limit per winning set or per ticket?  Here the 4 of 5 in Lotto is only around $75, but it's still possible.  So I guess you are saying that if you win under $500 on one set of numbers and under $500 on another, the rule is based on the ticket payout not each line, right? Interesting. That's what I always thought. So I'm not crazy after all..well maybe a little.  Crazy 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #1340
                        April 6, 2003
                        2450 Posts
                        Posted: November 24, 2005, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I once picked up 15 QPs for powerball... it was for the draw whittaker won.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2005, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I am saving up for maybe a $50-100 in QPs, and later another 50-100 of my own numbers. Would be fun to compare. I assume the clerks will think I am already rich if I were to spend that kind of money on tickets, and will not know that I saved it for months. But I don't see why there would be any "dirty looks" As they get a nice bonus if I win. It will be no different money wise buying one big tickets, or spending it every week like I always do.

United States
                            Member #1826
                            July 11, 2003
                            2645 Posts
                            Posted: November 24, 2005, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I was working in Georgia one day about ten years ago and on a whim bought $120 worth of pick quicks on a game called Lotto Georgia. They came five lines per ticket with 24 total tickets.

I think the odds were around 1/37 of hitting 3 numbers per line for a $3 or $4 dollar win. I didn't win a nickle. Zero wins out 120 chances.

Bummer.

Crying

Georgia actually doesn't use rolls of paper in their terminals, but uses stacks of individual sheets, just like the old days. They do hold a max of 5 lines per ticket though, so people don't really see much of a difference compared to other states.

Wouldn't it be cool if states still used individual slips for every line. Florida did it best, they had a little mural on the top of each ticket back in the day.

(insert signature here)

konane's avatar - wallace
                              Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3333 Posts
                              Posted: November 24, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Bummer.

Crying

Georgia actually doesn't use rolls of paper in their terminals, but uses stacks of individual sheets, just like the old days. They do hold a max of 5 lines per ticket though, so people don't really see much of a difference compared to other states.

Wouldn't it be cool if states still used individual slips for every line. Florida did it best, they had a little mural on the top of each ticket back in the day.

I believe we have used rolls of paper for a few years anyway.  We've just changed to a thermal sensitive type paper which does also seem to be rolls because it's printing out tickets which vary in size according to how many numbers are played on them.

Good luck to everyone!