Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The most QP's you have ever played?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is the most QP's/own numbers you have ever played?

5 or less [ 14 ]  [31.82%]
10-20 [ 9 ]  [20.45%]
20-30 [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
30-40 [ 6 ]  [13.64%]
60-100 [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
100 or more [ 12 ]  [27.27%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
Member #12618
March 18, 2005
2060 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2005, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I play the S.C. cash 5. When I play I buy one ticket one line which is usually around 10 plays.
I do this as I pick and wheel my numbers. In the wheel I will have multiple lines that could have the possibility of 4 of 5 . 4 of 5 pays 300.00. If i go more that one line on a ticket and have a winner of 4 of 5 I would need to claim at a redemption center as the payout is over 500.00 with more than one win on a ticket.

I think you answered a question I was going to ask.  Here if you win $599 (think that's a federal rule) you cannot claim your ticket at a local retailer since a form must be completed for tax purposes.  I recently read that in FL you can ask them not to deduct taxes on prizes under $5,000 but you still will receive a 1099 in Jan.

I mentioned I have a habit of always asking for separate tickets. My reason is the slim chance I'll win on more than one (even one would be nice!) and the total payout will exceed $599. Is the limit per winning set or per ticket?  Here the 4 of 5 in Lotto is only around $75, but it's still possible.  So I guess you are saying that if you win under $500 on one set of numbers and under $500 on another, the rule is based on the ticket payout not each line, right? Interesting. That's what I always thought. So I'm not crazy after all..well maybe a little.  Crazy 

justexplorer, I tend to do that when I buy Pick 3 tickets.  =)

Dance like no one is watching.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I don't remember the FL tickets with the mural on top.  How long ago?  This year in Feb they started using the thermal paper. I liked the old tickets because they were small and fit in my wallet. 

Virginia
      United States
      Member #26983
      November 25, 2005
      167 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2005, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

$5 is the most I have played.  That was for Mega Millions awhile back and it was a mistake ticket.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2005, 8:13 am - IP Logged

I used to try to always have one QP every draw, in addition to my other numbers.  I don't anymore.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3348 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2005, 9:21 am - IP Logged
          Several years ago during the brief window that Georgia had Powerball the jackpot grew quite large and of course I wanted to win something.  Try as I might I couldn't come up with any of my own picks so decided follow "conventional wisdom" of the herd and purchase quick picks. 
          Since the jackpot was high decided to also do what I'd read of other high rollers doing (who by the way had won doing so) which was to purchase $120 worth of quick picks this one time to see if it would work for me too.  Some spend more but that was an outlandish for me ...  win big or go down in flames.  Turkey
          Yesiree came drawing time went through all those tickets and didn't even come up with a Powerball red ball match, no matches of the white balls either.  Zip, zilch, nada!!  Thud  Crying
          My lesson was that if I don't feel anything I can not "buy or force" the jackpot through "increasing my odds" by $pending more money.    Jester
          Moral to the story ...... when you follow "conventional wisdom" of herd mentality be sure to consider what your view will be from behind them!!     Agree with stupid

Good luck to everyone!

United States
            Member #24439
            October 22, 2005
            638 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I only do quick picks for the red powerballs. The fact that you didn't get one red powerball number is baffling. Just last week, I spent $60 of quick picks and got the red powerball on 6 lines.

I will not do quick picks at the terminal anymore. Instead, I would choose random numbers after I have filtered the lines down.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2005, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

If I were to spend $120 dollars on any game, I would pick my own set of numbers. I would not do that many quick picks.

Dance like no one is watching.

konane's avatar - wallace
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3348 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2005, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

If I were to spend $120 dollars on any game, I would pick my own set of numbers. I would not do that many quick picks.

Only happened once  Crazy   Chair  Thumbs Down  ...... not since and never again!!! 

A couple of dollars is all the QP I buy now, period, that is if I can't come up with my own numbers and it feels good to buy them.

Good luck to everyone!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2005, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I think I am going to try about 50 QPs or more one month, and the next my own numbers and compare the differences. Even if I do win with the QPs. Smiley  I would really be confused if I won back to back jackpots.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2005, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I never play quick picks. I made an exception for NY King Kong Millions as it was quick-pick only.