Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I miss the Old search formatt sorely

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 11 years ago by truecritic.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
Wyncote,Pa
United States
Member #3206
January 3, 2004
60740 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I could find detailed info

quickly.There is more depth

in the old search.I have seen

repeating posts with the new

one.Going back 6 months,a year

in a flash was neat.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I could find detailed info

quickly.There is more depth

in the old search.I have seen

repeating posts with the new

one.Going back 6 months,a year

in a flash was neat.

Crying I miss it too. I was sure hoping Todd would bring it back for the Platinum members at least..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I really like the new one - it works, even if there are multiple listings for the same thread.

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I really like the new one - it works, even if there are multiple listings for the same thread.

Yes it works.. but takes so much more time to find something...

United States
          Member #23383
          October 11, 2005
          485 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

I miss it too..and I tried to explain to Todd that old way was better...read about it here....Todd and I do not see eye to eye on this..and I guess I did a poor job of explaining the problem...any case..I don't use the serrach any more....to difficult to find things..and  I dont want to spend hours thumbing thru hundreds of pages..why do we need to see the same thread over and over in the search results????

~ROLLS EYES~

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/124273/2

Virginia
            United States
            Member #26983
            November 25, 2005
            167 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

All I know is that since the change went into effect, it has taken me much longer to find exactly what I'm searching for.  And you know how valuable time is when doing lottery research.  After all, we are in the business of eliminating excess data to cut down on our workload.  Anything that hinders that is a problem.

It's a search engine and it does what it does...eventually. 

It's just not as efficient as it could be.  For me, it's like going back to Ya*oo! after using Go*gle for years.  Why bother?

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

All I know is that since the change went into effect, it has taken me much longer to find exactly what I'm searching for.  And you know how valuable time is when doing lottery research.  After all, we are in the business of eliminating excess data to cut down on our workload.  Anything that hinders that is a problem.

It's a search engine and it does what it does...eventually. 

It's just not as efficient as it could be.  For me, it's like going back to Ya*oo! after using Go*gle for years.  Why bother?

I have stopped searches.. because I dont have the time.  I find it easier to use daily active topics if I can remember a time frame.

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
                Wyncote,Pa
                United States
                Member #3206
                January 3, 2004
                60740 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

I just have to get use to

using the new.

Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #22395
                  September 24, 2005
                  1583 Posts
                  Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Anyone getting "hundreds" of almost identical listings needs to extend their search terms to make them more specific.  If you punch in "John Doe" - and nothing else, expect hundreds.  If you punch in "John Doe" "Lottery Post" "Pick 4" "Post about deflate"  etc;  you will get a much narrower result.

United States
                    Member #23383
                    October 11, 2005
                    485 Posts
                    Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Anyone getting "hundreds" of almost identical listings needs to extend their search terms to make them more specific.  If you punch in "John Doe" - and nothing else, expect hundreds.  If you punch in "John Doe" "Lottery Post" "Pick 4" "Post about deflate"  etc;  you will get a much narrower result.

truecritc...

try to seach for just a user ie..author like we did on old search...it would pull up all their posts...with the new search...you put in a username....and search...you get hundreds of posts...whether the user was the author or just replied...but hundreds of posts...try it....

also when searching....somtimes one does not have exact search terms in mind...I love searching by a user just to seee all the posts they authored ..ie discussed or predicted......so its hard to narrow down the search....so what's the point of searching...it simply takes longer now with this new method...

There is a huge difference between the old way and this new way....

Demi540's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Los Angeles
                      United States
                      Member #18459
                      July 12, 2005
                      810 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

What I used to like to search for were Chouq's threads about what follows; I cannot do it anymore easily.

-Demi

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
                        If you don't like it, spit it out!
                        United States
                        Member #4756
                        May 23, 2004
                        3433 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I have to agree with most here. I just put in "lottery filters 101" and lottery filters 104 came up...Hit With Stick

I favor the previous search over the current one.

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #22395
                          September 24, 2005
                          1583 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

dman2005

>try to seach for just a user ie..author like we did on old search

Yes, I will use the same type of example.  Old way: I was trying to find a username in reference to a particular item.  I had a devil of a time.  I had to open each and every thread - and read nearly all individual posts to determine if what I wanted was there.  Opening a page at Lottery Post takes about as long as my patience can handle.  And to have to open several, I finally gave up after wasting an hour.

Now: I can type in the same username and other details.  I get a list with a paragraph that is easily read.  I can scan them all in less time than it took to look at just 1 thread the old way.  If I see a certain title to a thread and there are 20 of the same thread and I have already decided that what I want isn't in that thread, I can easily skip 20 items that the search turned up and just move on.

Much better the new way for me.

Sorry you don't agree.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

dman2005

>try to seach for just a user ie..author like we did on old search

Yes, I will use the same type of example.  Old way: I was trying to find a username in reference to a particular item.  I had a devil of a time.  I had to open each and every thread - and read nearly all individual posts to determine if what I wanted was there.  Opening a page at Lottery Post takes about as long as my patience can handle.  And to have to open several, I finally gave up after wasting an hour.

Now: I can type in the same username and other details.  I get a list with a paragraph that is easily read.  I can scan them all in less time than it took to look at just 1 thread the old way.  If I see a certain title to a thread and there are 20 of the same thread and I have already decided that what I want isn't in that thread, I can easily skip 20 items that the search turned up and just move on.

Much better the new way for me.

Sorry you don't agree.

I would be great if there was an option.. For instance you like the particle post there to preview before opening.. I dont.. I had rather have it lined up like the regular forum to find what I am looking for..

If there was a way to click just for topics only.. that would be wonderful. It would give everyone a choice..

And to do away with multiple posts when looking for topics only... with only one click.. that would make it much easier ..

United States
                              Member #23383
                              October 11, 2005
                              485 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Truecritic....I am glad the new way is working out better for you..but apparently you are the only one to post thus far that seems to like the new way...

The other day..I was reading a post...Laverne Maloney said to search for States & Dates...and do one for Number Association....she was the author I believe...but try searching it both ways...with her as the author and without....now try seraching for that...set it to look over past year....lol.....I have ...