Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 12:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Implemented New Search Feature

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19895 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2005, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I like the new search feature, it's fast and I like reading a potion of each post before I choose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #916
    December 12, 2002
    18335 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

This is not working for me.... I cannot do search by last history

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23348 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2005, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

I have made the search better, by allowing you to broaden or narrow your search by time (from 1 week to All History.)  It took me a long time to figure out a way to implement the option, but now that I've figured out a way I like it, I'll be adding other options, such as searching by forum.

Also, I was thinking of changing the Username search: instead of having a separate search "tab" for Username, I was thinking of allowing you to enter the Username on the right side (where the date range is), and then you could also add search terms to enter, which would allow you to search for specific topics posted by someone.

Anyone have any feedback on this possibility?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
        Darlington, S.C.
        United States
        Member #3691
        February 12, 2004
        133 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2005, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

This is not working for me.... I cannot do search by last history

I should think for us non paying members that we should be happy and thankful for what we get.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2005, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

I would like to be able to search for all posts just by a particular person or member and I would like to see only that person's posts and nobody elses.

Like insteadn of seeing the complete threads with everybodies' post there, I would like to see only a particulsar person's post and nobody elses, like a compilation of only the person's posts and nobody elses posts.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
            Member #23383
            October 11, 2005
            485 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2005, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I miss the old way of searching....example...If you go to search my name now....there is not option to search by author or what have you...it simply shows all the posts I either authored or replied in...and to top it all off...you would have to go thru all 43 pages of my posts to see which ones I was the author of....makes searching harder in my opinion...cos it takes longer to find what you are looking for....

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2005, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I miss the old way of searching....example...If you go to search my name now....there is not option to search by author or what have you...it simply shows all the posts I either authored or replied in...and to top it all off...you would have to go thru all 43 pages of my posts to see which ones I was the author of....makes searching harder in my opinion...cos it takes longer to find what you are looking for....

I agree with you Dman.. it is harder to find a particular author...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23348 Posts
                Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I would like to be able to search for all posts just by a particular person or member and I would like to see only that person's posts and nobody elses.

Like insteadn of seeing the complete threads with everybodies' post there, I would like to see only a particulsar person's post and nobody elses, like a compilation of only the person's posts and nobody elses posts.

You can do that already.  Click "Username" above the search bar, or click Search on any member's name.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23348 Posts
                  Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

It's funny how fondness makes the heart grow fonder ... and changes things.

The old search could not do what you're saying it could.  It pulls up exactly the same set of posts that the new one does.  Except the new one also shows text captions.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23348 Posts
                    Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you Dman.. it is harder to find a particular author...

It's the same clicks.  Click the name, then Search for Posts.  That's all.  Maybe you're not seeing it for some reason, but I don't know why, because the link is the same.

United States
                      Member #23383
                      October 11, 2005
                      485 Posts
                      Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

It's funny how fondness makes the heart grow fonder ... and changes things.

The old search could not do what you're saying it could.  It pulls up exactly the same set of posts that the new one does.  Except the new one also shows text captions.

well...I use to be able to type in a users name...example...enter Dash...and search by author to find all his posts that he authored...now it simply pulls up all his posts that he authored or replied in.....this is not the same as it was....there's a big difference....for dash right now..it shows 214 posts of his...well thats fine..but how many of them did he actually author???  where did that feature go???

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23348 Posts
                        Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

The old one pulled up all posts for an author, and did not distinguish the ones he/she started from what he/she participated in as a "reply".  Just like now.

United States
                          Member #23383
                          October 11, 2005
                          485 Posts
                          Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

ok.....

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                            Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: December 8, 2005, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

The old one pulled up all posts for an author, and did not distinguish the ones he/she started from what he/she participated in as a "reply".  Just like now.

Hurray!I like the preview feature.

takeemtothebank

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                              Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: December 8, 2005, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

You can do that already.  Click "Username" above the search bar, or click Search on any member's name.

That is great, thank you, that is exactly what I wanted.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."