Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jack Whitaker, worse than you thought.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Pick-4_Master.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New Jersey
United States
Member #21206
September 4, 2005
949 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2005, 8:12 pm - IP Logged
    Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
    nashville
    United States
    Member #4990
    June 8, 2004
    1376 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2005, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

That is quite a story, makes you think twice about wanting to win a big jackpot. I am sad for all of the people whose life has been adversley affected by this situation. Truley amazing that what should have been a blessing could cause so much pain.I guess it's all in the heart of who holds it.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2005, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Something a person finds on Chinese Welfare Lottery site stands a middling good chance of having absolutely no relationship with what we normally think of as reality.

No point in wasting the time to read it unless you're just a Jack Whittaker junkie and prefer to believe anything you read on the web.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Jersey
        United States
        Member #21206
        September 4, 2005
        949 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Something a person finds on Chinese Welfare Lottery site stands a middling good chance of having absolutely no relationship with what we normally think of as reality.

No point in wasting the time to read it unless you're just a Jack Whittaker junkie and prefer to believe anything you read on the web.

Jack

Sorry to offend you.

Actually, if you have some insight into critical thinking, you can quickly recognize that all of the incidents here are entirely consistent with events reported in the mainstream news.

And I note that there are two possibilities here:  1) You opened this thread and read the article yourself.  2)  That you opened the article, observed that it came from a Chinese source and didn't read it. 

If the first case is true, besides indicating that you have an interest in Jack Whittaker, you obviously took the time to read the article.

If the second case is true, you are making a judgement about something you didn't read, and therefore are not qualified to make a statement about it.

It is certainly in the realm of possibility that someone who reads articles here will win the lottery.  Probably, in that happy event, it would be worthwhile to reflect on Mr. Whittaker's mistakes, in hopes of avoiding them. 

In fact, most people who come here are interested in events surrounding the lottery.  This is largely harmless.  Mr. Whittaker has made himself a subject of intense interest on the subject.  He didn't have to do this. 

In any case,  I always find it hypocritical when people on internet sites take a dismissive tone towards threads that they have obviously opened and read.  To avoid subjects about which one doesn't care, one should simply not click on them.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Jack

Sorry to offend you.

Actually, if you have some insight into critical thinking, you can quickly recognize that all of the incidents here are entirely consistent with events reported in the mainstream news.

And I note that there are two possibilities here:  1) You opened this thread and read the article yourself.  2)  That you opened the article, observed that it came from a Chinese source and didn't read it. 

If the first case is true, besides indicating that you have an interest in Jack Whittaker, you obviously took the time to read the article.

If the second case is true, you are making a judgement about something you didn't read, and therefore are not qualified to make a statement about it.

It is certainly in the realm of possibility that someone who reads articles here will win the lottery.  Probably, in that happy event, it would be worthwhile to reflect on Mr. Whittaker's mistakes, in hopes of avoiding them. 

In fact, most people who come here are interested in events surrounding the lottery.  This is largely harmless.  Mr. Whittaker has made himself a subject of intense interest on the subject.  He didn't have to do this. 

In any case,  I always find it hypocritical when people on internet sites take a dismissive tone towards threads that they have obviously opened and read.  To avoid subjects about which one doesn't care, one should simply not click on them.

You didn't offend Prob.  Nothing of the sort.

I did click the link and read enough of the story to find it not worth finishing.  Just more gossip that might or mightn't be true.

So you find it hypocritical.

Maybe it is.  If I objected to hypocracy I'd be entirely lost in this world. 

To avoid subjects about which one doesn't care, one should simply not click on them, you observe.

Maybe.  Or maybe one should just do whatever he feels like doing and post whatever he feels like posting as a result of what he felt like doing and did.

It's all one in an arena as important as the doings of one Jack Whittaker.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
            United States
            Member #19651
            August 3, 2005
            621 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

i saw this a year ago    here at the post   and couldn't find it again      and asked the question whats up with jack and and his two dwi's                thats a year ago   no news of him    any leads  you don't walk away from the law    

United States
              Member #24860
              October 28, 2005
              4 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2005, 1:17 am - IP Logged

HEY PEOPLE !  Everyone should be able to agree to disagree , thats what opinions are for !  My being trival I'm still trying to find out what a thread is ?          YA'LL HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                United States
                Member #19651
                August 3, 2005
                621 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2005, 1:28 am - IP Logged

i think it's the link on the first post click the blue and read the paper

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2005, 2:18 am - IP Logged

if your trying to search you need to spell his name correctly it's

Jack Whittaker

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #2987
                    December 10, 2003
                    832 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2005, 5:47 am - IP Logged

Jack

Sorry to offend you.

You didn't offend Prob.  Nothing of the sort.

I did click the link and read enough of the story to find it not worth finishing.  Just more gossip that might or mightn't be true.

So you find it hypocritical.

Maybe it is.  If I objected to hypocracy I'd be entirely lost in this world. 

To avoid subjects about which one doesn't care, one should simply not click on them, you observe.

Maybe.  Or maybe one should just do whatever he feels like doing and post whatever he feels like posting as a result of what he felt like doing and did.

It's all one in an arena as important as the doings of one Jack Whittaker.

Jack

BTW, this article first appeared in the Washington (D.C.) Post (Sunday) Magazine. Whether any copyright infringement occured by its reprint in a Chinese newspaper I do not know.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

United States
                      Member #5565
                      July 11, 2004
                      260 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2005, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if anyone has posted this article yet.  The article mentions Jack Whitaker and the run of bad locuk befalling lottery winners.  I just thought this particular statistic, of which I'm skeptical, was amazing:

" A study three years ago found that one third of lottery winners eventually went bankrupt. One third! I know we all like to believe we would not be one of "them" that we would handle it better. I buy a ticket on occasion and like to think that if I won, I'd quit my job and live happily somewhere else. I did win bingo once when I was a kid and now that I think about it, I don't know what happened to that money."

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1205/abrams120205.php3

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19821 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2005, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if anyone has posted this article yet.  The article mentions Jack Whitaker and the run of bad locuk befalling lottery winners.  I just thought this particular statistic, of which I'm skeptical, was amazing:

" A study three years ago found that one third of lottery winners eventually went bankrupt. One third! I know we all like to believe we would not be one of "them" that we would handle it better. I buy a ticket on occasion and like to think that if I won, I'd quit my job and live happily somewhere else. I did win bingo once when I was a kid and now that I think about it, I don't know what happened to that money."

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1205/abrams120205.php3

That study included a lot of winners that won less than $5M and many who only won a million dollar$ or less.  It's easy to go bankrupt quick if you only have a million dollars and spend it like you're rich.

Note:I never thought Jack Whittaker was a bad person because all I ever knew about him was what I read and the only thing that I read about him that I believed was he won a lottery jackpot and was seen having a drink in a bar.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #1340
                          April 6, 2003
                          2450 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2005, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I thought I read form more than one source that he bought 100 tickets in that store, not just one...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2005, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Wow, that was like reading a book. Who in the heck would go through all that trouble and time to type all that up, and why? What is the pay off? I wonder where they got all that information from, or was it simply a fictional story? Perhaps someone just put a lot of pieces of news all together over a long period of time? Sounds like there are still a lot of envious discreditors out there.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19821 Posts
                              Posted: December 17, 2005, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

I thought I read form more than one source that he bought 100 tickets in that store, not just one...

I read something similar but I not sure if he bought a hundred tickets or a hundred dollars worth of combinations.  A hundred tickets, if they were $5 each could amount to $500 dollars worth of combinations. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking