Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Preferred lottery prediction methods

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Of the following I use this method the most:

Mathematical [ 24 ]  [16.55%]
Statistical [ 56 ]  [38.62%]
Neural [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Genetic [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Psychic [ 5 ]  [3.45%]
Random Picks [ 10 ]  [6.90%]
Any combination of the above methods [ 31 ]  [21.38%]
Let someone else pick [ 3 ]  [2.07%]
Don't play [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other?! [ 16 ]  [11.03%]
Total Valid Votes [ 145 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 52 ]  
Midwest
United States
Member #9902
December 26, 2004
12 Posts
Posted: December 17, 2005, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

*Please list your preferred combination-method in its order of importance.

Thank you.

K64

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: December 17, 2005, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I prefer my own method which includes putting parameters based on statistics in a RNG.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2005, 8:13 am - IP Logged

I use a lot of stats, and a bit of "chaos"... well, chaotic to me.

I wouldn't mind if someone would explain what is meant by "genetic", though. 

Midwest
        United States
        Member #9902
        December 26, 2004
        12 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2005, 10:04 am - IP Logged

A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computer science to find approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, natural selection, and recombination (or crossover).

Genetic algorithms are typically implemented as a computer simulation in which a population of abstract representations (called chromosomes) of candidate solutions (called individuals) to an optimization problem evolves toward better solutions. Traditionally, solutions are represented in binary as strings of 0s and 1s, but different encodings are also possible. The evolution starts from a population of completely random individuals and happens in generations. In each generation, the fitness of the whole population is evaluated, multiple individuals are stochastically selected from the current population (based on their fitness), modified (mutated or recombined) to form a new population, which becomes
        current in the next iteration of the algorithm.

For more look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm

K64

I should have included fuzzy logic in the survey as well since it's a popular analysis method in data mining.

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
          Member #17834
          June 28, 2005
          2083 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2005, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computer science to find approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, natural selection, and recombination (or crossover).

Genetic algorithms are typically implemented as a computer simulation in which a population of abstract representations (called chromosomes) of candidate solutions (called individuals) to an optimization problem evolves toward better solutions. Traditionally, solutions are represented in binary as strings of 0s and 1s, but different encodings are also possible. The evolution starts from a population of completely random individuals and happens in generations. In each generation, the fitness of the whole population is evaluated, multiple individuals are stochastically selected from the current population (based on their fitness), modified (mutated or recombined) to form a new population, which becomes

For more look here:

K64

I should have included fuzzy logic in the survey as well since it's a popular analysis method in data mining.

WOW that is what I'm doing. Didn't know data mining was such a popular analysis. Been doing it for years. Love it!!

I personally said other only because I use all different things. It's a combination of math and everthing else listed.

Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

Midwest
            United States
            Member #9902
            December 26, 2004
            12 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

For more look here:

K64

WOW that is what I'm doing. Didn't know data mining was such a popular analysis. Been doing it for years. Love it!!

I personally said other only because I use all different things. It's a combination of math and everthing else listed.

Powerplayer

Neural, genetic, fuzzy logic and other data mining methods are used extensively in stock market analysis. So I was simply wondering anyone was successfully using them in this area too.

K64

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged
              I have to agree with one of our posters whom says hot numbers tend to stay hot and cold numbers tend to stay cold.

My spin on this observation is sooner or later the cold numbers have to play catch up. So I mix hot and cold numbers together.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                705 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2005, 11:55 am - IP Logged

My system is way too expensive to use on mega millions so I "eyeball" the numbers.

I pick 8 sets of 5 numbers and use easy pick for the Mega ball.  One of those 8 sets will match 2 numbers.  If I am lucky I will also get the Mega ball.  One of these days I might get really, really lucky! ;)

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                  Member #567
                  August 14, 2002
                  482 Posts
                  Posted: January 10, 2006, 12:18 am - IP Logged

And just think....

The people who actually WIN the powerball jackpots either play quick pick or lucky numbers......

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2006, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

People who win with any regularity have a system. Calling it their "lucky" or "favorite" or "fortune cookie" numbers results in less hounding (from the "what's your method?" crowd) than calling it anything else.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2006, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I usually pick my numbers based on statistics and hot/cold situations. My vote would be any combination.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                        Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20110 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2006, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

to me, statistics are the only way to fly...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

buddyven's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                          Bogota
                          Colombia
                          Member #24706
                          October 26, 2005
                          1434 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2006, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Tungsten Chef, I think you are right my number 4 Florida 2night is:

3935 straight or boxed (however u like it)

bye guys and girls, nice 2 hear from u.

buddyven's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Bogota
                            Colombia
                            Member #24706
                            October 26, 2005
                            1434 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2006, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

does anyone know how to work with computers and make spare money, i have to get about $ 500 to pay for my new broadband internet for the hole year my connection is about 300kbps really nice to surf, more than regular 56kbps dialup, I will apreciate all helpful hints, thanks all of you

Bronx, NY
                              United States
                              Member #34119
                              February 28, 2006
                              218 Posts
                              Posted: March 8, 2006, 9:37 am - IP Logged

My preference is statistical. Some basic knowledge of probability helps. If the numbers are truly random then long term patterns are an impossibility. If you believe the numbers are randomly chosen then look for short term patterns. If you think the numbers are cooked then you have to find the members of the cabal doing the cooking and make them talk by any means necessary,,,I have every reason to believe the system is random in my state--NY. Tehehe

Success defined: If you aim for nothing you will achieve it!
                              My GOAL: At least 3 straight hits per week.