Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to delete old Blog pages?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2005, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Is there a way to delete old Blog entries? Perhaps just a way to re organize them. Thanks

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2005, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

Who's the Hair Club President around this joint.

If you see him better tell him a customers been sitting on the phone for several days ....and he thought he took a  customer serviced number when he first arrived back on Dec the 21st

Signed A Customer,

Win d  (waiting politely) Old Old fella .. who may not be around much longer. Member in good standing since way back in ought 2' .           

Win d    

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2005, 6:59 am - IP Logged

Win D,

I didn't see your post the first time.  Around Christmas I don't have the same bandwidth as normal, and it's possible for some things to slip between the cracks.  If you're going to take my oversight as a personal slight, there's nothing I can do about it other than to say it isn't. 

As a matter of fact, I have recently tried to start some useful dialog with you about adding features to Lottery Post that you want, even though you seem to thrive on giving me a hard time.  The only thing I hear in return is you talking me down to other members and complaining about how I don't work quickly enough.  If you enjoy this site, why would you be so hard on the person who created it?

I would still be fine with working with you on new features and such, but hopefully you can treat me in a civil manner.  I suppose it's easy to forget that there is a human being on the other end of this keyboard.

Finally, to answer your question, I recently added the ability to search Blog entries, so that's one way to utilize old posts.  I'm going to be adding better support for date-based categorization, which is common among mainstream bloggers.  For example, there will be a monthly calendar so that you can quickly flip to other entries by date, and see which dates there were entries on.

Lastly, eventually I hope to implement a tagging ability, so that you can tag your entries with keywords, and then organize them by keyword.

I think all these things together will make organizing old Blog entries much better.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2005, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Interesting how you came by that perspective. 

Your quote>" The only thing I hear in return is you talking me down to other members and complaining about how I don't work quickly enough." 
        That's true.  I did complain ... once ... about a year ago ... in a private message to a friend.  But I have been very complimentary more recently in open forum post. The most recent I believe was in the Systems Forum ...and again in the Math forum. As a matter of fact, I was SO complimentary, I got a PM from a friend, accusing me of being a "suck-up"!
         Normally my posts are fraught with "LOL" ...or not. Depending on how long or how well someone has known me and my humor. I have been here as a member and have paid you and the site the highest compliment a company can have. I'm not only a member I am a paying customer.   
         I realize my post could have been overlooked during the Christmas rush etc. That was my humorous attempt at drawing attention. 

Your quote> … "you seem to thrive on giving me a hard time". 
        This puts me in a very bad light.  Again, I don’t know where this misconception comes from.

Your Quote: " As a matter of fact, I have recently tried to start some useful dialog with you about adding features to Lottery Post that you want…”
        I missed your attempt to contact me……… but I would enjoy a chance  to discuss it.

Win d    

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23262 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2005, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I am talking about how you have put on a happy face in the forums, and then talked trash behind my back.  You may not want to admit it, but a very nice forum member filled me in on your comments, and right after we seemed to have a pleasant discussion on a feature you brought up.  As you don't seem to remember any of my attempts to discuss features with you, here's one such post: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/123619.

There are other posts, but the new, extremely easy-to-use Search page can help find those.

I made an honest attempt to understand your request, and said that I thought it was a good idea, and that I'd like to implement it.  Then the comments behind my back.

If you're saying that everything you said is a funny joke, then I'll take your word for it.  It's not my idea of humor, but I suppose humor come in varieties that I don't understand.

I appreciate each and every person who supports this website, as it helps chip away at the enormous costs of running it.  Your paying support is quite honestly the main reason that I have bit my tongue for the past month, but your "reminder" message above seems to indicate a bit rudely that I am not at beck and call quick enough.  I think that I'm pretty responsive (albeit a little slow around Christmas).  Again, maybe that's more "humor" on your part, but hopefully you can see that some people might not take it as such.

By the way, when I see "LOL" posted in each post, it stops being "laughing out loud", because nobody laughs out loud every time they write something.  It becomes a crutch to post a stinging comment.

There, I said the way I feel, and hopefully we can just focus on your original suggestion, which was fine.

Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2005, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Todd ...I would only say things to friends in a Private Message.  None of my friends would betray me, Todd. That's all a bunch of bull crap!

You claim you are getting all your intelligence from someone who pretends  to be my friend... and is passing this to you behind my back. You say the person is betraying me? This person is breaking my confidence about a  "Private Message"  and then gossips and peddles that pus and infection to your eagerly waiting and wanting little ears?

Then  you actually turn around and post this "Pus" in an open forum based on what? What you heard from a  malignant fecal orifice like this person is, then you have the temerity to actually  refer to them as ......"Nice" ?

quote>"You may not want to admit it, but a very nice forum member filled me in on your comments, " 

He didn't "fill you in" Todd ....He Filled you up! ... and you sucked up every drop evidently. 

Well Todd... you may not get my humor ...but I don't get your idea of

" Nice" either.  What I say in PMs is private, and only what I say in open forum should be considered.  What you've said here in open forum is what concerns me:  that allegedly nice people on this forum can't be trusted.  Logic tells me that this kind of "nice" person can't be trusted, and is prone to making things up.

You would actually take this all in like that? 

There, I said the way I feel, and hopefully we can just focus on my original suggestion. 

You said you were attempting to contact me and discuss ....Feel free to contact me my "Private Message" in confidence (redundant..or not?) the next time the need should arise.   

Win d    

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23262 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

True colors