Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who will badger you when you win?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dphillips.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Who do you expect to badger you the most when you win the lottery?

My immediate family. [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
My brothers and/or sisters [ 4 ]  [12.12%]
My aunts, uncles and cousins. [ 3 ]  [9.09%]
Financial advisors. [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Charities. [ 6 ]  [18.18%]
Complete Strangers. [ 5 ]  [15.15%]
The media. [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
Friends. [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
My dog. [ 4 ]  [12.12%]
Prob 988. [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Whitwell, TN
United States
Member #5461
July 5, 2004
56 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2005, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Well when I win the lottery (not if) I think my uncle's on my dad's side of the family would be the beggers. If they can beg me for $5.00 now what's to stop them asking for $5,000 or more and the thing is I have to depend on my student scholarships, grants, and loans to make it now, but that still does not deture them from begging.

United States
    Member #972
    December 30, 2002
    465 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2005, 10:32 am - IP Logged

If I won, I would quietly make a list of all family and friends I would like to give a little money to.  Then I would not mention gifts or money for 11 months. In that time, if anyone on the list asked for any money, I would say "Not right now" and put a check next to their name. When it came time to giving money, all the people who had checks next to their names would receive half of what the others got.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4523 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2005, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

ohh Tg636- You totally delighted me with your concept! What a unique way to know who is a friend/family and who is a foe! May I borrow your idea for when I win tomorrow nights raffle in my state?

(PS- I expect to see Sirbrad on Tuesday at Lottery Headquarters as well to pick up his claim of 1 million!!!)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
        Albuquerque, New Mexico
        United States
        Member #5128
        June 18, 2004
        377 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2006, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't expect anyone to badger me.  I'm not married, no children (and I'm not expecting to marry after hitting the lottery), and my family lives in the south, not New Mexico.  I don't have friends -- so to speak -- only acquaintances. Therefore, as far as strangers are concerned, I know how to say, "no!"  Even yet, tell them: "all you need is a dollar and a dream -- play it!"

Since lottery photo opportunities are not required in New Mexico, only your name and your city, that would eliminate some of the heartache.  Even though I have an unlisted number, I can always cut my phones off!  As far as E-mails, SPAM them!

Most people get in trouble when they do those photos: pictures say volumes and some people do media interviews...that's not me. I want as much anonymity as the law allows!

Nevertheless, I will not be working anymore. I could take a couple of weeks and just travel because the lottery hype would have hopefully died down by then. 

Most assuredly, LP members (new and old) should read other lottery articles about avoiding the financial pitfalls from people who were once financially afloat but who are now disappointed (this is a mild term) about their poor financial choices!

Finally, it's how you plan beforehand that determines whether or not you'll have a smooth lottery winner transition.

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley