Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South Ending?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Knoxville
United States
Member #13510
April 7, 2005
89 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2005, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Anyone heard what is happening with LottoSouth?  Last time I drove to KY I heard they are ending Lotto South.  LS is my favorite lottery, its going to suck if it ends.  I hardly play Powerball any more since they raised the odds another 20%.  If they are ending LS, I hope they replace it with something similiar.  It does seem like a very good idea to have one giant lottery to play with horrible odds, wouldn't they make more money including games for all types of players?

Knoxville
    United States
    Member #13510
    April 7, 2005
    89 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2005, 10:06 am - IP Logged

CORRECTION

It does seem like a very good idea

should have been

It doesn't seem like a very good idea

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I hope that Lotto South moves to Mondays and Thursdays as my idea. I would be disappointed if KY drops Lotto South. If that's the case, GA and VA could follow suit and end Lotto South. The idea is to replace Lotto South or to move it to Mondays and Thursdays.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky is replacing Lotto South with some kind of Win For Life type of number game. I don't know what it will be like though.

(insert signature here)

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2005, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Anyone heard what is happening with LottoSouth?  Last time I drove to KY I heard they are ending Lotto South.  LS is my favorite lottery, its going to suck if it ends.  I hardly play Powerball any more since they raised the odds another 20%.  If they are ending LS, I hope they replace it with something similiar.  It does seem like a very good idea to have one giant lottery to play with horrible odds, wouldn't they make more money including games for all types of players?

From the information I found on the KY Lottery web site, it looks like lackluster sales has a lot to do with their decision:

"REPORT OF THE AUDIT OF THE KENTUCKY LOTTERY CORPORATION

http://www.kylottery.com/annual_report/2005-2004KYLotteryaudit.pdf

In September 2001, the KLC introduced Lotto South as a replacement game for Lotto Kentucky. The KLC
          participates in this game with the Georgia and Virginia lotteries. The increased population base allows for higher and faster growing jackpots than the KLC could generate on its own. Despite those attributes, Lotto South sales for 2005 continued to decline to $17.5 million, $6.4 million or 26.6% less than 2004 sales and $2.5 million less than quota. Lotto South sales for 2004 were $23.9 million, $.6 million or 2.5% less than 2003 sales, but $3.1 million above quota.

Currently Known Facts, Decisions, or Conditions

A change to the Powerball game in August 2005 should generate higher jackpots, which in turn should
          generate higher sales for the Corporation.  A change to the Lotto South game is planned for the third
          quarter of FY 2006."

Lotto Georgia vs Lotto South

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

KY needs to stay in LS. Regardless, a "win for life" online game similar to those in OR and PA would be a terrible idea, especially if there's no cash option.

As for LS itself, I believe the game is fading because the jackpot odds are NOT high enough for the tri-state population (Lotto Virginia's 6/49 became Lotto South without changing the matrix).

Alabama
              United States
              Member #17830
              June 27, 2005
              309 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2005, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South had its day in the sun and it wilted.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2006, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

This is the reply I got back from the KY lottery on Lotto South.

Lotto South is being replaced by  a new game called Win For Life. The new game will start sometime in late February. There will be no new version of Lotto South. Sorry but you will not be able to play Lotto South after the new game is introduced.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                  North Dakota
                  United States
                  Member #13397
                  April 5, 2005
                  1623 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like another FLOP from the KY lottery. (Remember Double up CASH?)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
                    Member #5565
                    July 11, 2004
                    260 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2006, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

"A change to the Lotto South game is planned for the third
                    quarter of FY 2006."

Their fiscal years end on June 30th.  There should be word from Virginia as to its plans very soon.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5114 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2006, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks tony95:

Lottery or lotteries....................................CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Don't like won or other, klass the odds of winningssssssssssssssssssssss
                      CHANGE according to population and stats of who plays and how much$$$
                      the COMMINISON.......................................MAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTTO south must not be making "enough" NET money to pay EXXXXXXXXX
                      salaeyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYcelry$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5114 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2006, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

THANKssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

MrBobb........................"L@@K" like you like simple life"......down  southh?

Can you count tooooo............49 in a JASSKPOT??????? lotto$$$$$$$$$$

Odds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, must be betterrrrthan any pick 3 0r 4 in the Long Ruinn?

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #17830
                          June 27, 2005
                          309 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2006, 11:17 am - IP Logged

This is the reply I got back from the KY lottery on Lotto South.

Lotto South is being replaced by  a new game called Win For Life. The new game will start sometime in late February. There will be no new version of Lotto South. Sorry but you will not be able to play Lotto South after the new game is introduced.

It would make sense for Georgia to drop Lotto South as well. Lotto Georgia in 2006!

Lotto Georgia vs Lotto South

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

konane's avatar - wallace
                            Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3333 Posts
                            Posted: January 4, 2006, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

THANKssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

MrBobb........................"L@@K" like you like simple life"......down  southh?

Can you count tooooo............49 in a JASSKPOT??????? lotto$$$$$$$$$$

Odds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, must be betterrrrthan any pick 3 0r 4 in the Long Ruinn?

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

Hate to break it off in you, but southerners can count quite well which is why we don't allow lottery hype to lead us around with a carrot on a string ..... which is what Lotto South has been attempting since its inception.

Were Lotto South a good game we'd be happily playing, jackpots climbing like it was projected to perform.

Georgia Lottery players had something much better before Lotto South came along .... and we do remember what it was ...... Lotto Georgia.

Good luck to everyone!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31343 Posts
                              Posted: January 4, 2006, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

good answer - i quit playing it a long time ago.

love to nibble those micey feet.