Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Georgia vs Lotto South

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Should the GA Lottery drop Lotto South?

Yes - Bring back Lotto Georgia [ 17 ]  [68.00%]
No - Keep Lotto South [ 7 ]  [28.00%]
Other (please explain) [ 1 ]  [4.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 25 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
Alabama
United States
Member #17830
June 27, 2005
309 Posts
Posted: December 25, 2005, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Lotto Georgia was a great game.  The Georgia Lottery needs to drop Lotto South and reinstate Lotto Georgia in its original format.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: December 25, 2005, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky needs to stay in Lotto South. The game needs more states and a larger matrix.

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: December 25, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky needs to stay in Lotto South. The game needs more states and a larger matrix.

Lotto South will never be able to compete with Mega Millions and Power Ball.  It appears that Kentucky intends to drop out of Lotto South, and Georgia should follow suit.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: December 25, 2005, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South will never be able to compete with Mega Millions and Power Ball.  It appears that Kentucky intends to drop out of Lotto South, and Georgia should follow suit.

Then Virginia would be the only LS state remaining. Ironically Lotto VA (6/49) was replaced by LS without changing the matrix.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: December 25, 2005, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South has been dying a slow death for over a year, they just haven't pushed it over yet. 

"Life support" by raising the matrix will  drive southern players farther away because we don't have the same mindset the rest of the country has.  Current "breathtaking performance" of Lotto South is showing we vote with our wallets.

Look at the grand rise of the last draw ...... 1 million spread over 3 states.

Georgia Fantasy 5 jackpot rose a bit above normal, Christmas eve, last minute shopping, etc., taken into consideration.  People were buying Fantasy 5 and could have bought Lotto South but didn't. 

Lotto South should have climbed minimum 3 million if it were that exciting to play.  Looks like pie in the sky is not working, and won't no matter how they present it. 

People are bored with the game because Lotto South is boring.

Doesn't matter who else joins Lotto South, I want Georgia out ASAP and Lotto Georgia once a week, 6/46 back. 

We have both the poplulation demographics plus other states border exposure to pull in sufficient revenues to support Lotto Georgia and then some. 

Good luck to everyone!

Alabama
            United States
            Member #17830
            June 27, 2005
            309 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2005, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"Lotto South has been dying a slow death for over a year, they just haven't pushed it over yet...

Doesn't matter who else joins Lotto South, I want Georgia out ASAP and Lotto Georgia once a week, 6/46 back. 

We have both the poplulation demographics plus other states border exposure to pull in sufficient revenues to support Lotto Georgia and then some."

I Agree!

Hey Georgia Lottery,

Are You Listening?!

Gives us back the game we loved to play!

Lotto Georgia in 2006!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 25, 2005, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

they should just pull the plug on 'ol lotto south.he has cancer all over his game.its on life support and no one seems to care.its inhumane for it to have to suffer like this when it could just be put out of its misery.just pull the plug on it georgia so it can go in peace.......

here lies lotto south
                                                    born-2001
                                                    dead-2006

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: December 25, 2005, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

cash only let it go in peace..all the tricks in the world won't bring this thing back to full health......its on its last legs and failing miserably....

Alabama
                  United States
                  Member #17830
                  June 27, 2005
                  309 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2005, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"We have both the poplulation demographics plus other states border exposure to pull in sufficient revenues to support Lotto Georgia and then some. "

I know that Alabama residents will play it.  I'll bet that a fair number of folks from Tennessee, Florida, and the Carolina's  would probably be interested, too!  And you folks get a large volume of traffic on I-75 with people travelling to and from Florida, so I'd bet you have some pretty good sales from that source as well.

Lotto Georgia, in its original format, would be a nice jackpot game with reasonable odds.  And I especially liked the once per week draw!

Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #1265
                    March 13, 2003
                    3333 Posts
                    Posted: December 25, 2005, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"We have both the poplulation demographics plus other states border exposure to pull in sufficient revenues to support Lotto Georgia and then some. "

I know that Alabama residents will play it.   I'll bet that a fair number of folks from Tennessee, Florida, and the Carolina's would probably be interested, too!   And you folks get a large volume of traffic on I-75 with people travelling to and from Florida, so I'd bet you have some pretty good sales from that source as well.

Lotto Georgia, in its original format, would be a nice jackpot game with reasonable odds. And I especially liked the once per week draw!

We are a hub for I-20 going from where it comes off I-95 in Florence SC, west past Dallas Texas where it dovetails with I-10 west onto Los Angeles,

for I-85 going from Mobile Alabama to Richmond Virginia where it becomes I-95 through Washington DC into New York,

for I-75 MrBob mentioned which beginning in Miami and goes all the way to the Canadian border. In years past we've seen at least half of Michigan migrating to Florida on vacation.

Needless to say we're a trucking hub with all those major Interstates intersecting at one point in downtown Atlanta.

We also have I-285 which is a beltway around Atlanta so truckers can make whatever connection necessary to their destinations, and believe me there are loads of trucks coming through at any given time.

Our airport is one the busiest International airports with runway expansion currently underway.

Georgia has population, traffic through the state, flights into and out of the state, shopping, sports venues and most of all Atlanta has always been a convention city. It has always had a vast amount of businesses located here and because the economy does not hinge on one business or industry has not succumbed to sharp recessions other areas of the country have.

Georgia is also bordered on all sides by other states except for our coast.

Additionally our legislature is studying the possibility of having online ticket sales which should eventually expand to allow out of state purshases if current laws permit, if that provision has not already been written in.

We have everything it takes to support our much loved Lotto Georgia so do hope they see fit to bring it back.

Good luck to everyone!

Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #17830
                      June 27, 2005
                      309 Posts
                      Posted: December 25, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"We are a hub for I-20 going from where it comes off I-95 in Florence SC, west past Dallas Texas where it dovetails with I-10 west onto Los Angeles..."

And doesn't I-24 going from Nashville to Chattanooga run through part of Northern Georgia?

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3333 Posts
                        Posted: December 25, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"We are a hub for I-20 going from where it comes off I-95 in Florence SC, west past Dallas Texas where it dovetails with I-10 west onto Los Angeles..."

And doesn't I-24 going from Nashville to Chattanooga run through part of Northern Georgia?

I-24 and I-59 intersect with I-75 in Chattanooga and does dip into Georgia . Busy corner of the state I don't travel into much at all, especially that corner ... been several out of state winners from that area so money flowing in. .... that giant sucking sound which has supported our lottery from its inception. We're grateful for all donations no matter where they're from!!! Big Grin Santa

We also have I-16 which goes from Macon to Savannah, linking to I-95. There is also I-675 which connects I-285 from the east and feeds onto I-75 south to alleviate some traffic on the southeast side.

Hey you can get to anywhere in Atlanta, that's why we have so many people doing just that!!

Good luck to everyone!

Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #17830
                          June 27, 2005
                          309 Posts
                          Posted: December 25, 2005, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

konane, I sure hope the folks at the GA Lottery are paying attention!

Lotto Georgia in 2006!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #15989
                            May 24, 2005
                            183 Posts
                            Posted: December 25, 2005, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Mr. Bobb.......what does it matter in the big scheme of things to you? A lottery is a lottery, no matter the state or group of states. At least you get a choice to play which is all people want.

Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #17830
                              June 27, 2005
                              309 Posts
                              Posted: December 25, 2005, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Mr. Bobb.......what does it matter in the big scheme of things to you? A lottery is a lottery, no matter the state or group of states. At least you get a choice to play which is all people want.

I respectfully disagree that "a lottery is a lottery."  I choose to play lower odds games and I liked the format of Lotto Georgia better.   I was a big fan of Lotto Georgia and really enjoyed playing it.  So did lots of other folks.

I don't have sales figures for Lotto South in front of me, but as konane pointed out earlier in this thread, sales certainly aren't skyrocketing.  And it's certainly interesgting that Kentucky is considering dropping Lotto South.

Thank you for your comments!