Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Georgia vs Lotto South

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Should the GA Lottery drop Lotto South?

Yes - Bring back Lotto Georgia [ 17 ]  [68.00%]
No - Keep Lotto South [ 7 ]  [28.00%]
Other (please explain) [ 1 ]  [4.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 25 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #5565
July 11, 2004
260 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

It'll probably be dropped since it doesn't seem to result in more sales.  It's just as easy to keep the game in-state.  I think any multi-state successor probably needs to line up a number of states which share state boundaries and draw extra sales from the non-lotterystates in the South.

Alabama
    United States
    Member #17830
    June 27, 2005
    309 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

It'll probably be dropped since it doesn't seem to result in more sales.  It's just as easy to keep the game in-state.  I think any multi-state successor probably needs to line up a number of states which share state boundaries and draw extra sales from the non-lotterystates in the South.

Given that Georgia has Mega Millions, do you think another multi-state game would be a good idea?  IMHO, as was stated earlier in the thread, a nice  jackpot game like the original Lotto Georgia (6/46) would fill the gap between Fantasy 5 and Mega Millions.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2005, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

konane said:

"Ms. DeFranciso's first year seemed to have been spent analyzing problems, coming up with solutions to those problems.

Second year which was this year she implemented many very significant beneficial changes, Fantasy 5 payouts went parimutuel, the Georgia Lottery began having major promotions where we had virtually none previously."

That's a great start.  Hopefully in year three, we'll see the return of Lotto Georgia.

Alabama
        United States
        Member #17830
        June 27, 2005
        309 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2005, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

cash only let it go in peace..all the tricks in the world won't bring this thing back to full health......its on its last legs and failing miserably....

I Agree!

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3348 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2005, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Wow, check out poll percentages!!! Many thanks to all who have taken time to vote!!  Hurray!

Will be very interesting if it rolls tonight as to how much increase we'll see.

Good luck to everyone!

Knoxville
            United States
            Member #13510
            April 7, 2005
            89 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2005, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing Lotto South from Knoxville, TN (i.e. driving to KY) for about a year.  I dropped down to $1-2 per draw when PowerBall raised its odds to 140M:1.  Lately, I have been spending $50-60 per draw on LS, even though they have stopped allowing multiple draw tickets and I have had to make the drive twice a week.  If GA is dropping out of LS then LS is over and KY is doomed.  No one will go to KY for tickets any more.  Also, don't expect Lotto GA to perform as you remember because, TN now has its own Lottery and those sales will be missing in the re-introduction of the game.  The ideal situation would have been to get TN into Lotto South which would have rocked!  I guess I will be keeping my money in my own pocket in the future unless PowerBall nears $300M again which probably won't happen very often.

Sincerely,

Man Seeking Good Lottery

Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3348 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2005, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing Lotto South from Knoxville, TN (i.e. driving to KY) for about a year. I dropped down to $1-2 per draw when PowerBall raised its odds to 140M:1. Lately, I have been spending $50-60 per draw on LS, even though they have stopped allowing multiple draw tickets and I have had to make the drive twice a week. If GA is dropping out of LS then LS is over and KY is doomed. No one will go to KY for tickets any more. Also, don't expect Lotto GA to perform as you remember because, TN now has its own Lottery and those sales will be missing in the re-introduction of the game. The ideal situation would have been to get TN into Lotto South which would have rocked! I guess I will be keeping my money in my own pocket in the future unless PowerBall nears $300M again which probably won't happen very often.

Sincerely,

Man Seeking Good Lottery

If Rebecca Paul lives up to past performance in Georgia she will continue with high matrix games, no matter what game is chosen in the future. Look at lottery history in Georgia for a reasonable preview of how Tennessee will flow.

I personally believe that Lotto Georgia might surprise people with its performance.

A 6/46 matrix would be the lowest of any surrounding states 6 number games, in its inception it was never intended to compete with Powerball or Mega Millions.

It was a slower game which gave people a week to contemplate numbers. We need that sorely!!

Payouts as they were originally structured were fine because lower tier ones were easier to win ...... which was fun!!!!!!! Party

Party        Fun playing a game is one heck of a motivator ...... while player fatigue from not even getting small wins creates terminal burnout which can't be rekindled no matter how high they grind the matrix, no matter how much pie in the sky any lottery chooses to hype.

I'm personally double-over-backwards .. over hype.No Pity!

Good luck to everyone!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Well I emailed KY about the Multi draw situation and here is what they said.

I'm sorry but the three states involve with lotto south are reviewing the game at this time and thinking about replacing it with other one. So as a result they have discontinue the multi draw on lotto south.

Thanks Mary CSR

KY seems to think GA and VA are looking into dropping LS too.  (Surprise Surprise)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

I think Lotto Georgia should return on my vote. Since KY is dropping lotto south, I think VA and GA should do that also. VA should focus on Mega Millions while KY should focus on PB. If Lotto Georgia occurs, it would be Wednesdays and Saturdays because they also have Mega Millions [Tuesdays and Fridays].

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                    North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

My fear is that the new Lotto GA (if started up again) well be a sister of the New York Lotto.  Just by looking at the new GA Instant games it leads me to believe that GA will soon be turning into NY.  (Just like TN is turning into GA)  With Rebecca the highest $5 top prize was $150,000 with odds about 1:3.  Now it's $500,000 with odds 1:4.  I know that doesn't seem like a big margin but when you are dealing with Millions of tickets that is a HUGE number of losers that you didn't have before.  Also I think we'll see more of the ($10) $1 million dollar top prizes that are paid over 20 years.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3348 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I think Lotto Georgia should return on my vote. Since KY is dropping lotto south, I think VA and GA should do that also. VA should focus on Mega Millions while KY should focus on PB. If Lotto Georgia occurs, it would be Wednesdays and Saturdays because they also have Mega Millions [Tuesdays and Fridays].

No, we're hoping for the original format of once a week.

Many of us are very tired of two lotto drawings per week, in addition to two drawings of Mega Millions, in addition to 7 drawings of Fantasty 5 ..... all of which have created extreme burnout. Too much is too much!!!!!

Most important factor is that Georgia lottery players do not mindlessly turn loose of their discretionary lottery dollars unless something is coming back.

Georgian's simple economic formula .... slow down being able to win = cut way back on $pending money for any kind of ticket$.

We need a lotto game once a week like it was begun and will hopefully remain or they'll run it in the ground just like Lotto South has been run.

As a metaphor ....... a rider can only ride a horse at a full gallop so far before it falls over dead. Lotto South is a text book example of just that.

Same rider can ride a horse at a leisurely pace much farther while preserving its overall health and performance over the long haul. Lotto Georgia was an example of that .... sales declined somewhat during implementation of both Powerball then Big Game/Mega Millions ..... but it did not die.   It was unmercifully killed and replaced with illusion.

I feel that the new has worn off sufficiently from those games that Georgia players have effectively decided what matrix they like to play, what works for them and would welcome Lotto Georgia back ..... 6/46 ..... once a week drawings ..... original payouts .... and would again throw their support behind that game.   Also feel neighboring states residents would flock to state line stores doing the same.

We're smart enough to decide what we want ..... just please give us back what we loved and supported.

Good luck to everyone!

Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #17830
                        June 27, 2005
                        309 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

No, we're hoping for the original format of once a week.

Many of us are very tired of two lotto drawings per week, in addition to two drawings of Mega Millions, in addition to 7 drawings of Fantasty 5 ..... all of which have created extreme burnout. Too much is too much!!!!!

Most important factor is that Georgia lottery players do not mindlessly turn loose of their discretionary lottery dollars unless something is coming back.

Georgian's simple economic formula .... slow down being able to win = cut way back on $pending money for any kind of ticket$.

We need a lotto game once a week like it was begun and will hopefully remain or they'll run it in the ground just like Lotto South has been run.

As a metaphor ....... a rider can only ride a horse at a full gallop so far before it falls over dead. Lotto South is a text book example of just that.

Same rider can ride a horse at a leisurely pace much farther while preserving its overall health and performance over the long haul. Lotto Georgia was an example of that .... sales declined somewhat during implementation of both Powerball then Big Game/Mega Millions ..... but it did not die.   It was unmercifully killed and replaced with illusion.

I feel that the new has worn off sufficiently from those games that Georgia players have effectively decided what matrix they like to play, what works for them and would welcome Lotto Georgia back ..... 6/46 ..... once a week drawings ..... original payouts .... and would again throw their support behind that game.   Also feel neighboring states residents would flock to state line stores doing the same.

We're smart enough to decide what we want ..... just please give us back what we loved and supported.

I Agree!

Well said!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
                          Member #5565
                          July 11, 2004
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: December 28, 2005, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

There's nothing that requires you to play a lottery on each drawing.  I would prefer the drawings increase in frequence to 3 times a week so there's more of an opportunity to collect data and use the information to base my decisions on.  If the information presents itself such that you don't feel comfortable selecting the numbers for your picks, it's your responsibility to step aside and not play. If you feel that you don't have the time to analyze the drawings, then stay with reviewing the drawings at once a week and play the drawings accordingly, once a week. 

Atlanta, GA
                            United States
                            Member #1265
                            March 13, 2003
                            3348 Posts
                            Posted: December 28, 2005, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

There's nothing that requires you to play a lottery on each drawing. I would prefer the drawings increase in frequence to 3 times a week so there's more of an opportunity to collect data and use the information to base my decisions on. If the information presents itself such that you don't feel comfortable selecting the numbers for your picks, it's your responsibility to step aside and not play. If you feel that you don't have the time to analyze the drawings, then stay with reviewing the drawings at once a week and play the drawings accordingly, once a week.

Lobby for what you want in your own state, citing your arguments. Big Grin  Your ideas are probably very adapted to the pace in Virginia, but Georgia is a few miles south and has other considerations.

Am very aware of what I can and can not do as far as passing on drawings and do so at my discretion.  However, I'm looking at a bigger picture, far bigger.

Here in Georgia we have a few things impacting our economy .... Delta is in bankruptcy and the unions may take it in the same direction Eastern Airlines went.

The GM plant in Doraville (part of the Atlanta Metro area) is scheduled for closing in a couple of years.

The Ford plant in Hapeville (part of the Atlanta Metro Area) may be closing or scaling down production.

We will have some military bases closing which were employers and benefitted nearby businesses.

Just a few things off the top of my head which are drains on the economy and which reduce discretionary lottery dollars.

For that reason a once a week lotto IMHO would fill that gap beautifully.

Good luck to everyone!

Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3348 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2005, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Well, Dead Lotto South Dead is up a whole 1 Million $$$$$ for Saturday's draw, setting the world on fire!!!

Proves a high matrix multi state lotto game does not work in Georgia. Why should we lay down to 6/49 odds when we had 6/46 odds that worked perfectly???? Agree with stupid Promises of a better game for us didn't work and we're sitting on our wallets again.

Lotto Georgia did perform well and will perform again if it is not changed from the original 6/46 once a week format.

It would be unique in the southeast and $$$$$$ will pour in from all sides because of odds of winning.

When Lotto Georgia was in play jackpots didn't climb to astronomical levels because there were frequent winners, but that did not stop people from playing.

I looked at the 2000 and 2001 Georgia Lottery financial report last night where all games were grouped together as far as receipts. There was not definitive data available specifically for Lotto Georgia, but working from memory it was a better performer even along side Powerball and BigGame/MegaMillion than Lotto South ever was.

Party Please re-introduce Lotto Georgia Classic original format, once a week original draw, original payouts.   It will work in Georgia again!! PartyOdds, not promises or advertising are what works in Georgia.

Good luck to everyone!