Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

missouri powerball winner comes forward!

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
wreakshavok777's avatar - enzyte thumb.jpg
oklahoma
United States
Member #12313
March 10, 2005
165 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

A Raytown man and his three grown children are guaranteed to have a Happy New Year after claiming the $36 million jackpot today from the Nov. 2 drawing. Floyd Scheinost, 78, of Raytown, and his three children - Phil Scheinost, 49, of Overland Park, Kan., Andy Scheinost, 44, and Becky Pycior, 52, both of Lee’s Summit - will share the jackpot equally. The family plans to take the jackpot’s cash amount in one payment, which is approximately $17.2 million - $4.3 million each before taxes.

Floyd Scheinost, a retired electrician, purchased the family’s winning ticket just hours before the Nov. 2 draw at Cosentino’s Apple Market, 11501 E. 63rd St. in Raytown. He said he has bought five combinations twice a week at that location for years, and he always lets the computer select his combinations. The winning numbers from the Nov. 2 drawing were: 6, 11, 14, 27, 41 and the Powerball number was 38.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Indiana
    United States
    Member #29196
    December 29, 2005
    280 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2005, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I posted remarks in another thread and said that after this much time I didn't think the winner knew he had the winning ticket and didn't think he/she would come forward.  Oops!  Shows how much I know.

Jim

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
      United States
      Member #5128
      June 18, 2004
      377 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2005, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I love it when the winners report if their numbers were a Quick Pick or their usual numbers. It is also nice (if they remember) to let us know HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING. 

Nevertheless, I have been playing since 1998, and I know there are LP enthusiasts who have been playing longer, and I congratulate them for their patience...how did you keep your sanity! 

Finally, I can't help but remember reading about the woman who played for 15 years and won.  Even her daughter had discouraged her, but the mother's patience paid off!  SHE IS A ROLE-MODEL FOR ME! 

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2005, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

About 40 percent of jackpots are QPs. Knowing that makes me think I'm racking my brain, to find the next correct combo manually for naught.

If it's written in the stars, one would need only a single ticket to win. Volume play is however the best trap to set. 

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2005, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Guy's been sitting on it since November 2.  Heck of a case of will power, that one.  It would be interesting to be able to sit down over a cup of coffee and talk to this fellow.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2005, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

What did I tell you about QPs...We rack our brains for days, weeks, months, years at a time analyzing numbers, and watching drawings immediately in anticipation, and ALWAYS someone like this comes along who cashes a ticket in he probably forgot he even had at the last minute. It makes me sick quite frankly. Puke

United States
              Member #23787
              October 16, 2005
              68 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2005, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I just want to share few experiments I did recently with numbers. Although I never believed that one (or a system) can predict numbers with a good degree of accuracy but I thought of trying to do so by using one of the few best available business forecasting, modelling & prediction software (This software has nothing to do with lottery). It forecasts the results based on historical data. It creates a model by which it predicts the numbers which includes both historical data and future data. I did not use any lottery tricks / knowledge /pattern (which in any case I do not know). For tests I chose all historical data available online for Mega Million and NJ Pick 3.
              I ran the program in following way.
              For MM first the program had historical data upto the last draw (say 12/27) and then it predicted the result of the current draw (12/30). And for next run it had historical data upto 12/23 and it predicted results for 12/27 and 12/30. And for next run history was upto 12/20 and it predicted for 12/23, 12/27 & 12/30 and so on. This continued upto year 2000 data.
              In all of these tests the program did not predict even once the correct 5 white balls of any future draws.
              The same test I conducted on NJ pick 3 and there also it did not predict correct numbers even once.
              The conclusion? May be I did not use program correctly? May be the program I used was not capable of doing so? Or may be it is just not possible to predict correctly based on current technology?
              Just as an additional info, the software that I used runs on machines worth millions of dollar and I think that it is good enough for business analysis and forecasting.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2005, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I just want to share few experiments I did recently with numbers. Although I never believed that one (or a system) can predict numbers with a good degree of accuracy but I thought of trying to do so by using one of the few best available business forecasting, modelling & prediction software (This software has nothing to do with lottery). It forecasts the results based on historical data. It creates a model by which it predicts the numbers which includes both historical data and future data. I did not use any lottery tricks / knowledge /pattern (which in any case I do not know). For tests I chose all historical data available online for Mega Million and NJ Pick 3.
                I ran the program in following way.
                For MM first the program had historical data upto the last draw (say 12/27) and then it predicted the result of the current draw (12/30). And for next run it had historical data upto 12/23 and it predicted results for 12/27 and 12/30. And for next run history was upto 12/20 and it predicted for 12/23, 12/27 & 12/30 and so on. This continued upto year 2000 data.
                In all of these tests the program did not predict even once the correct 5 white balls of any future draws.
                The same test I conducted on NJ pick 3 and there also it did not predict correct numbers even once.
                The conclusion? May be I did not use program correctly? May be the program I used was not capable of doing so? Or may be it is just not possible to predict correctly based on current technology?
                Just as an additional info, the software that I used runs on machines worth millions of dollar and I think that it is good enough for business analysis and forecasting.

Sounds as though you've proven conclusively that the specific method you were using didn't work.  Worth knowing, I suppose.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                  Member #23787
                  October 16, 2005
                  68 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2005, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

To me, It does prove that it may not be worth spending time on trying to decide what numbers to play, but at the same time there are endless possibilities when you are trying to model some behavior/patterns in number. To clarify I am not using any prediction method of my own. There are several business modeling & forecasting software that are available in market that most of the big companies use for their business analysis and forecasting. I happen to use/have access to one of these which I tried on lottery.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: January 1, 2006, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Sometimes it seems that the best system is in fact "no system." At least about 80% of the time...

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: January 1, 2006, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Very nice for them.  We know how they played, and how much they won.  I'd like to know how much interest they lost by waiting almost two month to claim $17M.  This has to be an indicator of where their collective heads are.  Of course, with $17M, you may not care about all that money being thrown away.  Wouldn't have made a nice charity donation though; or a couple of tanks of gas.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #29196
                        December 29, 2005
                        280 Posts
                        Posted: January 1, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Actually, this might be a good indicator of where their collective heads are at.  As far as I know in the 2 months prior to claiming their prize no information about the winner leaked out.  That tells me these people had discipline.  And it sounds to me like they took the time to decide how they were going to divide the winnings (and to who) before they collected it.  That tells me they were focused.  We might also presume that they used the time to put all their affairs in order before they collected prize money and possibly plan a press and/or exit strategy.

If that's the case then giving up a few months worth of interest seems a small price to pay.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: January 1, 2006, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Actually, this might be a good indicator of where their collective heads are at.  As far as I know in the 2 months prior to claiming their prize no information about the winner leaked out.  That tells me these people had discipline.  And it sounds to me like they took the time to decide how they were going to divide the winnings (and to who) before they collected it.  That tells me they were focused.  We might also presume that they used the time to put all their affairs in order before they collected prize money and possibly plan a press and/or exit strategy.

If that's the case then giving up a few months worth of interest seems a small price to pay.

Jim 

You and I are lockstep on this one.

Those people come across as a study in clear thinking and self-discipline.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: January 1, 2006, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Keeping a secret is no big thing, millions of people have proven the capability all their lives.  Until the recent decline in morality, keeping a secret was a common act; i.e., D-Day would have resulted in the lose of hundreds of thousand of troops in 2005!  Imagine the outcome of the Cival War if the New York Times published secrets of the Union Army as frequently as they do today.  There would be a whole race of people wondering what freedom is in 2005. One shouldn't be given credit for keeping secrets, it should be thought of as breathing. A natural act.

Two months for a decision, maybe they had problems finding a leader to make the final decision.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #29196
                              December 29, 2005
                              280 Posts
                              Posted: January 1, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Well I part company with you on this one Chewie.  Remember the old saying:

Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Jim