Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

missouri powerball winner comes forward!

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sparta, NJ
United States
Member #18331
July 9, 2005
1977 Posts
Posted: January 1, 2006, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

No problem, you wouldn't be the first to disagree with me.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: January 1, 2006, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

Well I part company with you on this one Chewie.  Remember the old saying:

Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Jim 

People who have something they see as shameful to hide sometimes manage to keep their secrets for an awfully long while. 

The late FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover's closet gay activities come to mind, along with the Rosenbergs when they were selling US secrets to the USSR.  But it has a way of coming out eventually.

But these folks appear to be just regular folks who haven't trained themselves in secrecy.  Good job of work doing it.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: January 1, 2006, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Actually, this might be a good indicator of where their collective heads are at.  As far as I know in the 2 months prior to claiming their prize no information about the winner leaked out.  That tells me these people had discipline.  And it sounds to me like they took the time to decide how they were going to divide the winnings (and to who) before they collected it.  That tells me they were focused.  We might also presume that they used the time to put all their affairs in order before they collected prize money and possibly plan a press and/or exit strategy.

If that's the case then giving up a few months worth of interest seems a small price to pay.

Jim 

You and I are lockstep on this one.

Those people come across as a study in clear thinking and self-discipline.

Jack

Their strategy will probably pay off, especially since there was another PB jackpot winner since.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: January 1, 2006, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Actually, this might be a good indicator of where their collective heads are at.  As far as I know in the 2 months prior to claiming their prize no information about the winner leaked out.  That tells me these people had discipline.  And it sounds to me like they took the time to decide how they were going to divide the winnings (and to who) before they collected it.  That tells me they were focused.  We might also presume that they used the time to put all their affairs in order before they collected prize money and possibly plan a press and/or exit strategy.

If that's the case then giving up a few months worth of interest seems a small price to pay.

Jim 

I totally agree with you...

What would be the rush....

Those people who went from rags to riches back to rags, probably camped out on the steps of the door waiting to collect...

Discipline ...........Well said..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2006, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Jim 

You and I are lockstep on this one.

Those people come across as a study in clear thinking and self-discipline.

Jack

Their strategy will probably pay off, especially since there was another PB jackpot winner since.

If they used that time to do a pre-emptive nuclear strike on all the known tanglefoots in the jackpot winner arena it will almost surely pay dividends.

On the other hand, we humans have a pesky habit of finding new tanglefoots if there aren't any of the old tried and true ones handy.

Hope they enjoy the ride and that the going up is worth whatever coming down's ultimately in the offing.

Jack

Egos don't count.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2006, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Perhaps they should start including in the winner's stories as to whether or not they simply forgot, or held out to the last minute intentionally. Until then we can only speculate as to how intelligent they are.

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2006, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Perhaps they should start including in the winner's stories as to whether or not they simply forgot, or held out to the last minute intentionally. Until then we can only speculate as to how intelligent they are.

At least we don't have to  speculate on how intelligent WE are.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2006, 11:54 am - IP Logged

If he waited until this week, we would be hearing of a 78-year-old receiving his prize in 30 annual payments, since MO starts the 60-day clock with the drawing, not when the claim is filed.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2006, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Whats the rush to claim the money?  None really, but if you used the interest, say 10%, to donate to an animal shelter, how many lives of dogs and cats do you think you could save with ($17,000,000 X 10% X 2 months =) $340,000.00?  I guess it all depends on the value you place on stray animals.  Then again, you could just spend two months thinking of only yourself, and not worrying about the lives of the unfortunate.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice